Skip to content

Garrard says he’ll miss two-to-four weeks

David Garrard AP

And then there were two.

The competition to become the Dolphins’ Week One starting quarterback was narrowed on Friday via old-fashioned attrition, as first-stringer David Garrard exited on the same day the team’s preseason schedule is launching.

Garrard tells FOX’s Jay Glazer that the veteran signal-caller will miss two-to-four weeks.  “Nothing happened, just Father Time, wear and tear,” Garrard said.  “They have to take out loose things floating around.”

Garrard told Glazer the surgery will happen Saturday.  (We’d heard it already happened; from the Dolphins’ perspective, the sooner it happens the better.)

Without Garrard, who had been listed as the first-team quarterback in the team’s initial depth chart, the Dolphins will have to get through four quarters of football against the Buccaneers with Matt Moore, Ryan Tannehill, and Pat Devlin.

And unless the Dolphins plan to use the first-string offensive line deep into the first half, they’ll have to expose the eighth overall pick in the draft to the team’s second-best wall of blockers — unless they decide to give him the start over Moore on Friday night at Sun Life Stadium.

Permalink 3 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories
3 Responses to “Garrard says he’ll miss two-to-four weeks”
  1. cuse6468 says: Aug 10, 2012 7:13 PM

    Garrard appears “snakebit”

  2. londonfletcher says: Aug 10, 2012 7:48 PM

    I still how don’t understand how he beat out Moore, who played well last season, when he himself didn’t even step on the field AND had back surgery.

  3. randomguy9999 says: Aug 11, 2012 2:19 AM

    I don’t get him being ahead of Moore either, they had to be thinking he is fragile now…. and he proved it….

    they should release Garrard… all 3 QBs looked fine tonight

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!