Ravens DT McBean doesn’t expect to return this season

Ryan McBean AP

Even before he had surgery this week, Ravens defensive tackle Ryan McBean figured there was a significant problem.

“Well when my foot was facing the direction to where it wasn’t supposed to be facing then I figured, ‘Yeah, OK. Something is wrong,’” McBean told WNST, via BaltimoreRavens.com.

McBean had the ever-popular “successful surgery” on that ankle this week, which included putting metal hardware in his ankle to strengthen the area. His prognosis is for a four- to six-month recovery, which will end his season, though there’s been no transaction yet.

“I will be back around [Organized Team Activities] time – back to 100 percent,” he said. “That’s my mark and that’s what I’ll be aiming for, that’s what I’ll be going for. . . .

“It only took me 30 seconds to feel sorry for myself and then after that 30 seconds I just moved on from there. The coaches say, ‘Hey, just make sure [you] heal and get right and just be ready for next year.’”

McBean was signed a one-year deal this offseason, and was set to be suspended three games for violating the league’s performance-enhancing drugs policy. That makes his return far from a sure thing for the 28-year-old, but they were apparently encouraged by what he did in a short time there.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Ravens DT McBean doesn’t expect to return this season”
  1. originalhulkhogan says: Aug 17, 2012 12:24 PM

I challenge Hollywood to a cage match Brother!!

2. originalhulkhogan says: Aug 17, 2012 12:42 PM

This is what happens when u mess with me, i gave him the Hogan leg drop brother!!

3. ahostiletakeover says: Aug 17, 2012 12:45 PM

Unfortunate injury, was looking forward to seeing if he could bring some extra pass rush to the line. Maybe a youngster like Hall or Kitchen steps up at DT behind Cody and Kemo.

4. ravenator says: Aug 17, 2012 1:02 PM

Good thing there’s depth

5. steelersownyou says: Aug 17, 2012 1:08 PM

Say it with me chumps….AFC NORTH CELLAR DWELLERS!!!

6. oneandonlyramsfaninpa says: Aug 17, 2012 1:48 PM

I wouldn’t expect to play this season if I looked down ans saw my foot turned the wrong way either! he shouldn’t expect to play next year as well.

7. touchdowndances says: Aug 17, 2012 1:52 PM

@ steelersownyou

Say it with me troll – the Ravens now own the Steelers.

8. deebo92 says: Aug 17, 2012 2:07 PM

steelersownyou says:
    Aug 17, 2012 1:08 PM
    Say it with me chumps….AFC NORTH CELLAR DWELLERS!!!
    ———————————————————-

Id like to take time out of my day to personally thank you for making me, an objective Steelers fan, look like an as s 24/7 with comments like that.

9. ricknau says: Aug 17, 2012 2:23 PM

ravens fans better hope that their dreams of a good offense come this season, because that D is in for a long one. Not because of this injury, but there is going to be a HUGE drop off. Lewis 20lbs lighter and reed slower than a TE. Suggs out and noone else to even mention but Ngata. There will be many points to overcome Joe, hope youre up for it.

10. ginojohn says: Aug 17, 2012 2:24 PM

darrrn, there goes their chance at the superbowl!!!!

11. bostongiant says: Aug 17, 2012 2:35 PM

Does this mean that McBean’s suspension carries over into next season?

12. steelersownyou says: Aug 17, 2012 2:52 PM

@deebo92….believe me your username makes you look like that all on your own. You dont need any help from me on that front! Tool

13. deebo92 says: Aug 17, 2012 3:52 PM

No, I wont. I don’t believe anyone I don’t know. For your information my username is James Harrison’s nickname given to him by his teammates, but you already knew that right? I don’t root for the Steelers with my head up my as s. Oh, in your last post you forgot to end it with “HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” like the rest of yinz do. No need to thank me.

14. steelersownyou says: Aug 17, 2012 4:23 PM

I know what harrisons nickname is tool. You make my point for me. Your hero harrison has been illegally hitting players for years. Hes hit women. Gets suspended and hurts his team! But my post makes you look like an a ss? Buddy you just may be the dumbest steeler fan ever! Get a clue before you step to the best sucker!

15. deebo92 says: Aug 17, 2012 4:48 PM

Yeah, I personally am I tool for liking James Harrison. That makes as much sense as the Ravens being the cellar dwellers of the AFC North just because they lost a defensive lineman. You’re a delusional moron. The Ravens and Steelers are always neck and neck.