Brandon Carr doesn’t feel any pressure in Dallas

Brandon Carr,  Dez Bryant AP

Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr has heard all the talk about how the window is closing in Dallas, and that he was brought in because the pressure is on the Cowboys to win now. But Carr doesn’t view it that way.

Carr said in an interview on NBC SportsTalk that he doesn’t accept the idea that the Cowboys are under pressure, and he also doesn’t think the Cowboys’ window is closing.

“If you ask me, I don’t really think it’s pressure at all,” Carr said. “I feel like they brought the right people in, put the right pieces of the puzzle together that we can compete for a playoff spot, a playoff win, and ultimately the Super Bowl trophy. So I don’t think it’s pressure. It’s just guys have to seize the opportunity. You only get so many opportunities in this game. They talk about the window’s closing for the Dallas Cowboys to get a championship, but I look at it the other way: We have a lot of talented young guys here who are eager to come in here and compete, and the wins should come with that.”

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, the man who signed Carr to a five-year, $50.1 million contract, has insisted that he’s the one who decides when the window is closing, and he believes that the Cowboys’ window is closing soon. Carr, however, isn’t feeling any pressure.

Here’s Carr’s interview:
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Brandon Carr doesn’t feel any pressure in Dallas”
  1. ericn42000 says: Aug 18, 2012 11:54 AM

I like your character Carr great addition to the Cowboys!

2. hollywoodhulkhoginsays says: Aug 18, 2012 1:13 PM

skins fan here with a prediction…
    carr will have multiple picks against ‘bob’ and the skins.
    i hate admitting that but i am a realist.

3. db3300 says: Aug 18, 2012 1:15 PM

I’d feel the same way if I had $50 mil. I don’t wish Jerry any ill will but I think he means *his* door is closing. Thankfully, the Cowboys seem to be in good hands for the future with Stephen Jones starting to take a more active role in running the team.

4. gammynomnom says: Aug 18, 2012 1:16 PM

great attitude Carr.

5. gpete1962 says: Aug 18, 2012 1:22 PM

That’s because the regular season hasn’t started yet !!!

6. hollywoodhulkhogansays says: Aug 18, 2012 1:42 PM

The new CB for Santana to torch brother. Different CB, same result = Touchdown Redskins.

7. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Aug 18, 2012 2:26 PM

Carr has been a great addition so far. Think he is going to be a difference maker on the defense.

8. abninf says: Aug 18, 2012 4:15 PM

There’s no pressure because people like me, someone who’s been a Dallas fan a couple of decades longer than Jerry Jones has been the owner, stopped believing in this team 3-4 seasons ago. The only thing we can count on is embarrassing the bottom feeder Redskins a couple times a year. Means nothing.

9. cowboyscanada says: Aug 18, 2012 7:39 PM

Carr is a great addition. Cowboys will be 10-6 this year.

10. jcg23 says: Aug 18, 2012 8:12 PM

58-35-0 Cowboys win/loss record against the Skins. It’s much the same for the rest of the Division.