Eagles starters could go into third quarter on Monday night

Andy Reid AP

The last game of Week Two of the preseason could end up being the first game of Week Three, at least as it relates to the Eagles.

Coach Andy Reid said Saturday that Philly could be using its first-team offense and defense into the third quarter.

“I’ll just get a feel,” Reid said as to the question of whether he’ll use his starters beyond intermission.  “We’ll just see how it all rolls and go from there.”

As recently explained by Matt Chando of South Jersey Media Group, the Eagles could treat their Week Two preseason game like the standard Week Three dress rehearsal because the Eagles face the Browns in Week Three of the preseason — only 16 days before playing them in Week One of the schedule that counts.

Then there’s the  fact that the Eagles play on Monday night against the Patriots followed by the Browns preseason game only four days later.

Reid said earlier this week that the starters will play at least half of the Monday night game.

For most teams, the starters don’t participate much if at all in the final preseason game.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Eagles starters could go into third quarter on Monday night”
  1. lilrob10201 says: Aug 18, 2012 9:57 PM

As long as there is no injuries.

2. onlysane1intheroom says: Aug 18, 2012 10:37 PM

Good. I’m going to the game.

3. philly4lyfe says: Aug 18, 2012 11:02 PM

What could possibly go wrong?

4. oldbyrd says: Aug 20, 2012 12:10 PM

I am anxious to see some of the starters. DRC in a more favorable role to his ability. Namdi, same deal. The safeties and Brandon Grahm. Finally the linebackers. Im sure we all agree, the linebackers must play better. Did I mention King Dunlap. I say he is better than people give him credit for. King was a sixth rouns people that has slowly improved.

5. steele203 says: Aug 20, 2012 2:18 PM

Stay HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. divanovic says: Aug 20, 2012 4:03 PM

Some crucial things I want to see:

1) Vick playing smart, i.o.w…. Makig “healthy” decisions. There’s a fine line between brilliance and crazy… Vick has all the skills needed… He just got to take care. He’s a starting QB, rather loose a few yards and retake them on the next down than get helped off the field and out for several games.
    2) Will Dunlap step up an give the protection that’s so desperately needed? (my previous point is partially dependant on this one)
    3) How will our corners do in their better suited roles, I sense Brady’s gonna get picked tonight.
    4) we truly need the linebackers to step up big time.

I’m positive though! Fly Eagles fly!

7. cometophillyforthecrack says: Aug 20, 2012 5:49 PM

Half the D line was injured in a practice without pads. My birds are always banged up.