Ndamukong Suh says his stomp was not intentional

Detroit Lions v Oakland Raiders Getty Images

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh continues to insist that his Thanksgiving stomp of Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith has been misunderstood and overanalyzed.

“If you slow down and analyze anything, it’s going to look worse in my opinion. It was not intentional. If it was intentional, it could have been a lot worse,” Suh says. “If I wanted to go out there to hurt somebody, I could hurt somebody. I don’t want any part of that. . . . I mean, if I wanted to hurt you, I’d go for your quarterback. Because me stopping your play is going to frustrate you more than me physically hurting you. Because I’m just that much better than you. That’s how I look at it. It’s like killing somebody with kindness.”

Suh often looks like he’s playing to kill somebody with something other than kindness, but his mom thinks her son is a gentle boy who has been misunderstood.

“On the TV they’re saying my son is angry,” Suh’s mom says. “They’re building it up that he’s an angry man. What does this child have to be angry about? This child is blessed. He has nothing to be angry about. So I don’t know where they’re getting that.”

For Suh’s part, he says the stomping incident is something he doesn’t think about anymore, although he knows people will continue to talk about it.

“For me personally? It’s over,” he says. “That’s something that happened in the 2011 season. Will it follow me? I think it will follow me because of the outside world. It won’t follow me because of me.”

Suh is only 25 years old and still has plenty of time to change the perceptions about him. But he’s right that the stomp will follow him. Intentional or not, that’s the moment that has defined his career.

Permalink 146 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
146 Responses to “Ndamukong Suh says his stomp was not intentional”
  1. otrd13 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:25 PM

im sick of his bs. just man up and say you stomped him, apologize or not and move on

2. floriosfuglykid says: Aug 20, 2012 5:26 PM

This is one thing he should really shut up about. He lost his cool … screwed up … it happens, move on. Quit trying to lawyer your way out of it. Man up … own it … and get on with your career.

3. skinsfanwill says: Aug 20, 2012 5:26 PM

Two things that never lie; the ball and the camera. You are a damn liar Suh. And I like Detroit. At least say you lost it for a moment in the heat of battle or something. This excuse needs an excuse.

4. contra74 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:26 PM

And JPP thinks getting dunked in a cold tub is a good thing.

And Packer shareholders claim they own a part of an NFL Team

5. stubbyjones says: Aug 20, 2012 5:27 PM

He looks more like a moron by bringing this up and denying than just letting it go.

6. purpleguy says: Aug 20, 2012 5:27 PM

By Suh agreeing to a lengthy profile in GQ in which the issue is examined in detail, isn’t the “stomp” incident “following him because of him”?

7. gunndlewittlebaum says: Aug 20, 2012 5:28 PM

It doesn’t matter how long you continue to lie, Sue. No one believes you.

8. favresweiner says: Aug 20, 2012 5:28 PM

Ya, and Grizzly Adams had a beard……

9. faulkn22 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:28 PM

He’s right, because he really scuffed the guy, at most. I mean, lets be honest, if he had stomped the guys arm, he’d have really hurt that guy. You don’t think he would have caused a 100 stitch type would with a “stomp.”

10. bearsstillsuck says: Aug 20, 2012 5:29 PM

He resorts to cheating because he’s frustrated at not being as effective as he was his rookie season. So expect more dirty play this season.

11. justreal82 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:29 PM

Am I the only one who continues to laugh when he makes a statement about the stomp? Everyone makes mistakes just admit it lol… That being said, he’s a beast of a player.

12. rubicon202 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:30 PM

Perhaps he should just be quiet and not talk about this anymore so everyone can forget…nope he’s too smart for that…

13. funktron2x says: Aug 20, 2012 5:30 PM

Maybe it defines his career to the masses of unwashed drama queens who thrive on the reality-tv-dominated triviality of our current pop culture, but to football fans, his career has yet to be defined by anything, really.

14. phillycheez says: Aug 20, 2012 5:30 PM

If that’s true, then that was the most intentional looking accident I have ever seen.

15. dapell says: Aug 20, 2012 5:30 PM

He was clearly frustrated.

I could buy that he was stomping his foot out of anger and didn’t realize he’d stomp on the opposing player, but either way, you’re responsible for your actions.

16. rj88888 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:31 PM

He is a defensive lineman, he should own the angry bad man identity .

17. blackqbwhiterb says: Aug 20, 2012 5:31 PM

Hey dummy, the more you talk the worse you sound

18. jimburns22 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:31 PM

“Intentional or not, that’s the moment that has defined his career.”

For now. But as soon as he puts up another monster season like he did his rookie year, without another incident, like the stomp, people will forget.
    As me, I’ve already forgiven and forgotten.

19. chazzmon says: Aug 20, 2012 5:31 PM

He should stop defending himself, no one’s buying that he has a nervous twitch or he thought the guy was holding his leg or whatever his excuse is. That being said he can really play, and he’s a BEAST!

20. wipackman1265 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:32 PM

Hey…..member when the cow jumped over the moon ?

This cat is an idiot……… Just say it. I was getting my butt whooped so I kicked the guy and y’all saw it!

21. touchdownroddywhite says: Aug 20, 2012 5:32 PM

I mean on one hand, it really doesn’t look like he’s just trying to shake his foot free or “push off” for balance. On the other hand, he is right in that he’s a very large man who could certainly inflict injury if he set his mind to it.

22. mvp43 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:33 PM

If you didn’t intend to do it……then why did you. What a moron. All he really has to say is “yes, I screwed up and let my emotions get the best of me”.

All this denial crap is what is so puzzling and the reason this story doesn’t go away.

23. riverhorsey says: Aug 20, 2012 5:34 PM

In other words your not suppose to believe your eyes. I now have no respect for the guy.

24. jaxhotspur11 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:34 PM

Not intentional?

Don’t pee down my back and tell me it’s raining.

25. cooklynn17 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:34 PM

Its a good thing Evan Smith didn’t Suh……..lol

26. bringbackkosar says: Aug 20, 2012 5:34 PM

review the play at Youtube and decide. Wonder what color the sky is in Suh’s world.

27. gregm5s7 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:35 PM

What about trying to smash his head into the ground prior to the stomp? The ref was already trying to get him off of Dietrich-Smith. It took the refs about 15 seconds to decide to toss him.

Suh being Suh…just like crashing his car and lying about injured people being in the rear seat.

28. thebigcaptain2011 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:35 PM

Oh Lord, here he goes again….

29. mute617 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:35 PM

Real time or slow motion, that was completely blatant. Nothing unintentional about it… Except maybe getting caught

30. sixjak says: Aug 20, 2012 5:35 PM

Hi Suh. I’m Earth. Have we met?

31. maddbearfan says: Aug 20, 2012 5:36 PM

I hate liars…I saw it 5 or 6 times…sorry Suh…not gonna sell me on the “I didn’t mean mean to do it.” Not saying that they weren’t messing with you trying to piss you off….but that was an oopsie…you got caught.

32. pooflingingmonkey says: Aug 20, 2012 5:36 PM

Well, if I “accidentally” stomped a co-worker, and believe me I’d like to, I’d get fired and/or go to jail.

Maybe GQ should interview Evan Dietrich-Smith’s family for their take?

33. bearsfan4life says: Aug 20, 2012 5:36 PM

Liar.

You were cheap shotted by the o-lineman who bent you backwards away from the play and took exception to it.

In other news Mike Tyson didn’t intentionally bite Holyfield’s ear.

34. apac6586 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:37 PM

That statement is almost as dumb as when his mother said “I think Ndomukong sounds like a lovely name”.

35. kegowhisky says: Aug 20, 2012 5:37 PM

Right Mom, over 100 million fans on TV and replay saw something that you didn’t, they must all be wrong. Sorry to bring his Mom into it, but it sounds like she jumped out there first. As “my” mother used to say, “everyone is out of step except you!”

36. packerjer says: Aug 20, 2012 5:38 PM

The scary thing is, I think he actually believes it.

It’s right there on film, plain as day, and yet he continues with this fantasy. I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, the guy is not mentally stable. He needs help.

37. rgamb285 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:39 PM

Chad Johnson’s head butt wasn’t intentional either, his wife’s head just got in the way

38. spreadthecheese says: Aug 20, 2012 5:39 PM

Uh…sure, Suh, whatever you say. And I’m sure when you slammed your SUV into a tree last December the tree jumped in front of your vehicle.

39. Getoffmylawn! says: Aug 20, 2012 5:39 PM

Did we just go back in time eight months? Shut this idiot up.

40. nflcommissioner says: Aug 20, 2012 5:40 PM

Yeah and I didn’t mean to sleep with that woman while my wife wasn’t looking and Tyson didn’t mean to eat Evander Holyfield’s ear!!

41. gloryfromheaven says: Aug 20, 2012 5:41 PM

He thinks he’s all tough or something (lol)

42. suhdidntstompanyone says: Aug 20, 2012 5:41 PM

Cue a whole bunch of ignorant, factually incorrect, hateful statements from fans of teams that are going to get rolled by the Lions this year.
    fyi-we really don’t care what you think

43. gosuhgo says: Aug 20, 2012 5:42 PM

Players fighting? Not in my NFL! But seriously, EDS obviously did something to provoke him. He’s saying he wasn’t trying to hurt him with the stomp, which is pretty plain to see in my opinion. You can tell it’s a frustration move, not him trying to break his arm or anything. I mean if he’s actually trying to say he didn’t mean to do anything, that’s ignorant, but he definitely wasn’t trying to seriously hurt him and I think that is what he’s getting at.

44. blacknole08 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:42 PM

I like watching Suh play, but what he did last Thanksgiving was one of the most distasteful things I’ve ever seen in any level of sports.

He needs to admit what he did was wrong before we all can let this go.

45. gobigblue310 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:44 PM

I just want to get this in before they start….

To the guys who have wrestlers names as their name on here, and comment on every single post: Give the computer, nintendo, and your pet tarantula a break, move out of your moms basement, and become a productive member of society.

Thats all.

46. hedleykow says: Aug 20, 2012 5:44 PM

The stomp was one of the best NFL moments all of last season. I’d pay 5 bucks to see another stomp this season. It really doesn’t get any better than that in HD.

47. chazzmon says: Aug 20, 2012 5:45 PM

48. suhdidntstompanyone says: Aug 20, 2012 5:46 PM

riverhorsey-i’m sure that if Suh knew that you don’t respect him he wouldn’t be able to sleep at night

49. vtopa says: Aug 20, 2012 5:47 PM

Another overgrown bully. How nice for him that the NFL is there to pay him a multi-million dollar salary. With his (low) level of intelligence and obliviousness to the rights of those around him I wonder what he would have been if he had to just make his way through the world on his own? Prison material much?

50. houstontexans99 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:47 PM

I’ve never met somebody this stubborn. He just doesn’t want to admit he lied in his initial post-game statements

51. thepancakebandit says: Aug 20, 2012 5:48 PM

Is Suh seriously this stupid? Or does he seriously think everyone else is that stupid that they would actually believe him? What a crock.

52. hrmlss says: Aug 20, 2012 5:48 PM

poor misunderstood guy. I’m sure his family says he did nothing wrong, that’s how they roll.

53. tannethrill says: Aug 20, 2012 5:49 PM

I believe he intentionally stomped his leg and was ignorant to anyone on the other end. Like “hey, you got in the way of my stomp”

Still not right but it’s how he’s justifying it in his head.

54. Wisconsin77 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:51 PM

I love it every time this guy talks, he just digs a deeper hole. Guy will forever be known as a dirty, cheap shot/sucker punch type of player, and deservedly so.

55. bearzfan says: Aug 20, 2012 5:51 PM

In other news, President Obama states he isn’t really black, just super tan.

56. mindcrime401 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:51 PM

“If you slow down and analyze anything, it’s going to look worse in my opinion.”

Funny, Chad Johnson told the cops the same thing…

57. Wisconsin77 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:52 PM

“A lengthy profile of Suh in GQ addresses the stomp from the viewpoint of both Suh and his immediate family, and they all seem to agree that Suh did nothing wrong and got a raw deal from the media in the aftermath of the incident.”

Well if his immediate family agrees with him, then I am sold. You don’t get much more unbiased than that.

58. muir6 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:52 PM

Pleeeze sop talking bout it if u cant be honest

59. rodgers419 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:53 PM

All of this is on video. He clearly intentionally stomps on the opposing player. It’s all on video. There’s no denying it. Does he think we’re dumb? Is he dumb?

60. aigraiders says: Aug 20, 2012 5:55 PM

Huge Suh fan here. However, kid plays over the line at times. But reading both his mother and his excuses are funny as heck. My son is a gentle giant, a teddy bear even when he tries to rip your head off. hahaha

61. laserw says: Aug 20, 2012 5:55 PM

Suh is just a part of a disgusting Lions team that has a pathetic head coach and players with even less character.

Suh should be forced to stand in front of a bus and then told after it runs him over, that the accident has been over analyzed.

62. lks311 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:55 PM

I am intrigued by the amount of attention this one act has garned over the past 10 months. Dietrich-Smith was not hurt, in fact, he didn’t miss a single play as a result of this action.

I would have thought the near maiming of any one of three QBs over the last year would “define” Suh’s career. Nope. One stomp on a guy’s arm, in which he did not miss a play, from a man—whom almost all agree is—capable of unbelievable destruction if he sets his mind to it.

63. deiong says: Aug 20, 2012 5:55 PM

why is it when nfl players get caught with there hand in the cookie jar, they deny deny deny. why not just tell the truth for once instead of telling lies to try to cover it up. and get one with life. try to be better.

the guy has anger issues, and trying to lie it away will only make it worse.

deal with it now before it ruins your career dude.
    everyone knows you did it including you. so please stop…

64. minnyjoe says: Aug 20, 2012 5:56 PM

Don’t really care for either team and when it happened really made me dislike the Lions. Saying it was not intentional is just crazy. That is just trying to insult the intelligence of any football fan.

I think this guy has some serious issues and the coaching staff in Detroit lets way too much of this kind of crap go on. This team is not disciplined enough to take a step towards being a playoff team every year.

There is a difference between being a tough football team and a dirty team and the Lions do not understand this!

65. contract says: Aug 20, 2012 5:56 PM

Good! Hopefully his blatant lying will affect the punishment next time the league has to call him in.

66. indywilson40 says: Aug 20, 2012 5:57 PM

He actually thinks we believe him.

67. raiderrawnes says: Aug 20, 2012 6:00 PM

Ummmm……yes it was. Next.

68. citizenstrange says: Aug 20, 2012 6:03 PM

Tale as old as time
    Lies as old as rhyme
    Stomping and the Beast

69. tiredofyoureferringtoateamaswe says: Aug 20, 2012 6:05 PM

When you do something stupid, admit it, apologize for it. People will respect you for your honesty as long as you don’t repeat your stupidity. Everyone is stupid at some point in their life. Admit you were stupid, say you are sorry for being stupid, don’t be stupid again. Simple isn’t it? Suh, your continued stupidity causes those who have a brain to have a severe lack of respect for you. This is so easy, watch, “What I did was stupid and done in the heat of the moment. I am sorry for what I did and I will be more respectful toward my opponent’s in the future so I may be a better role model.” There. Stupid.

70. mrbiz8505 says: Aug 20, 2012 6:07 PM

Still?? Dude…give it up…you look worse everytime you talk about it

71. robgilman says: Aug 20, 2012 6:11 PM

it’s not a lie, if you believe it

72. bsizemore68 says: Aug 20, 2012 6:15 PM

This attitude is what you get when the league just slap him on the wrist, as they did with the fool from Tenn when he slam the player with his cleats in the head. Bill

73. jsrdc says: Aug 20, 2012 6:16 PM

Yeah, you are misunderstood. The last two years in the league, you are the leader in personal fouls with 9 (all of those were misunderstood, right), and to go along with it you received a two game suspension last year for the stomping incident. You apologized to the Commissioner for the stomping incident, but to no avail. I saw the incident, and it was as bush league as it gets.

You are a phenomenal talent, but you are also a loose cannon. You already think you are that much better than other players, yet you are showing your ability to not be able to control yourself. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was being mentally tough that made players better than others. You are showing you are absolutely unable to control that competitive fire, and it comes out in very unacceptable ways.

In my opinion, it doesn’t help your case that you play for a hothead coach who likely condones your behavior, and also plays the “Suh is simply misunderstood” card. All I know is that you already have a target on your back because of your questionable (and what some would call dirty) play, and unless you make an effort to play very clean football, your reputation will continue to dictate how others view you. You can’t blame others for your actions. If you don’t agree with how others view those actions, it is time for YOU to change, not others.

74. mintberrycrunch1 says: Aug 20, 2012 6:34 PM

I don’t think you guys are understanding what he’s saying. He didn’t try to intentionally hurt EDS. He was being held/bent backward and had one of those “ahhh, get off me!” moments and kicked his leg. If he wanted to stomp and hurt EDS he simply would have crushed his face with a real stomp or straight up punched him in the face. That’s it, very simple….he’s not saying he didn’t stomp. Again, hes NOT saying he didnt stomp. He’s saying the contact on EDS’ arm wasnt intentional and he wasnt trying to hurt him, thats all.

Why are you telling him to “shut up”? The guy is barely ever in the media and hates it. He did an interview, and they asked him about it. He didnt bring it up. Again, the MEDIA brought it up, not Suh. If you’re sick of hearing about this tell the media to let it go.

Suh isn’t an idiot. He has a degree in construction management and got good grades. Hes probably smarter than half of the people posting here.

75. mintberrycrunch1 says: Aug 20, 2012 6:36 PM

76. committed2excellence says: Aug 20, 2012 6:41 PM

He was asked about it, why is he still being asked about it? I know I sure as hell don’t care if he mean’t to stomp him.

I thought coming into the NFL and dominating from the first snap was what defined Suh’s football career….

Guess I was wrong, clearly that single moment in time will define Suh’s life until he dies.

77. cwwgk says: Aug 20, 2012 6:43 PM

He needs to hire Vilma’s lawyer and sue Goodell.

78. spharrgcs says: Aug 20, 2012 6:44 PM

What a piece of work. George Constanza once said, “It’s not a lie if you believe it.”. This is the only out Suh has. He truly must believe his own ridiculous words. The stomp was very intentional and the only reason it wasn’t worse is because if it had been harder it would been even more glaring and may have actually caused physical harm. The one problem with being a young professional athlete is you are forced to learn your life lessons in plain view the entire world. We can’t blame him for being immature but we certainly can continue to single him out for choosing not to grow up.

79. kuta82 says: Aug 20, 2012 6:55 PM

Whether its true or not; whatever happened, happened.We all saw it.Its the past..Cant wait for the season to start.Are u all ready for some football? 2 more freakin weeks

80. ripster65 says: Aug 20, 2012 6:57 PM

yeah, and him yanking off Andy Daltons’ helmet was an accident (which also drew a flag) and his slamming down J. Delhomme by his helmet (which drew a flag) was just “misunderstood”

——

“Hes probably smarter than half of the people posting here.”(doubt it)…yet he just can’t seem to grasp the basic rules…hmmm, yep, he’s a genius!

81. vikescry1 says: Aug 20, 2012 6:57 PM

i could respect him if he man,d up and said he lost his cool and he meant to stomp him. at least be a man about it. but then look at his coach if he’s not man enough to do and say the right things then why would suh? just sayin.

82. joecoz17 says: Aug 20, 2012 6:58 PM

this guy is just an idiot

83. mintberrycrunch1 says: Aug 20, 2012 7:04 PM

Why doesn’t everyone ask notorious Lions hater MDS why, out of a 4 page article, he decides to write about the stomp?

84. evilfhud says: Aug 20, 2012 7:05 PM

Shuuuuuuu-tttttt-uppp! You’ve only been in the league a couple of years and you’ve already used up 10 years worth career “hall passes”. Every time I see a Chrysler commercial now (which you’re no longer in), I think about the driver stopping, jumping out of the car and stomping the head of a school crossing guard.

85. mintberrycrunch1 says: Aug 20, 2012 7:07 PM

Wow ripster65, you mean he hit a QB hard?!?! OH MY GOD!! I hope your wife changed your diaper after you finished crying.

86. grhopper says: Aug 20, 2012 7:10 PM

Well now we’ve learned two more things about him…he’s stupid and a moron. And as far as his mother is concerned, well they the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…so we can assume the same about her too.

87. bennyb82 says: Aug 20, 2012 7:15 PM

I think he is just setting up an audience for his future book, “if I stomped him”

88. the1849ers says: Aug 20, 2012 7:15 PM

“If it WAS intentional, it could have been a lot worse”

Sounds like the old “I’ll give you something to cry about” routine. Every person who saw that, saw someone trying to stomp another person with malicious intent. I wish this guy nothing but the worst.

89. mrfrostyj says: Aug 20, 2012 7:18 PM

I can believe he didn’t mean the stomp. Just like he didn’t mean to attempt to break Jake Delhommes neck his rookie season. I think Suh is like the incredible Hulk and doesn’t know what he does when the “other guy” comes out.

90. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Aug 20, 2012 7:21 PM

The more Suh talks the deeper the hole he digs. “I could really hurt someone if I wanted to.” And “I would take out a QB instead”. NICE!

91. sjsuraider says: Aug 20, 2012 7:24 PM

Are we really still talking about this

92. fmwarner says: Aug 20, 2012 7:25 PM

Dude, take a lesson from Donovan McNabb. Tell your mom to keep her yap shut.

93. funktron2x says: Aug 20, 2012 7:25 PM

And I was right. Again. Football fans, please step forward and take your place over the drama queens who think Hard Knocks is the best thing you’ll see in football in a given year.

94. tdk24 says: Aug 20, 2012 7:25 PM

It was intentional. He should just never talk about it again. But, he’s not very bright.

95. hannahsdaddy says: Aug 20, 2012 7:25 PM

He’s a lying liar who lies about the lies that he lied about

96. thekiy says: Aug 20, 2012 7:25 PM

I have a hunch that he used the wrong word. It was clearly an act that he performed, but what I think he meant that it was not premeditated and that he didn’t follow through once he caught himself doing it.

Did he stomp the guy? Yes. Did he plan to stomp the guy and make full contact? No.

97. funktron2x says: Aug 20, 2012 7:26 PM

Oh, and to the Packers fans. You’re just as biased in your own team’s direction as Suh’s family is in his own. The whining about Suh is nothing but a clear indication that you’re upset that the Lions are good for once. No easy paths for your team anymore.

98. bluebongzilla says: Aug 20, 2012 7:27 PM

How long before THIS Lion gets arrested?

99. angrycorgi says: Aug 20, 2012 7:28 PM

Liar…of course it was intentional…grow a pair already and admit…

100. larryboodry says: Aug 20, 2012 7:30 PM

Okay…Not only is Suh a dirty player, but he is a morally bankrupt individual both on and off the field. He has never learned to take responsibility for his own actions, no doubt enabled in his delusion by his clueless mother. If the Stomp defines him as a player, then his behavior after wrecking his SUV defines him as a man…Pretty pathetic in any case.

101. rmc1995 says: Aug 20, 2012 7:31 PM

More grown men scared of another grown man watching him play a violent sport. If anyone actually read the article he talks about how he’s never hurt a player even though he could easily do so. He talks about how scared men like those posting on this board call him dirty because they would rather see him play at three quarters speed than play at his full capabilities. They are scared he’s going to hurt somebody even though that’s not how he plays. The hit to Cutler is a classic example of how his legal hits frighten the sensibilities of grown men who expect a violent game until they see it. I suspect some may cry themselves to sleep tonight softly telling themselves, “Suh is a big liar and meanie”.

102. lionsdraftguy says: Aug 20, 2012 7:36 PM

Being the biggest Lions fan on the planet, I have to admit what he did was not acceptable. BUT, if anyone has ever played football or knows anything about football, being frustrated is part of the game. Obviously he frustrations went too far. BUT, Id be frustrated too if the refs kept refusing to call a hold even though it is SOOOO obvious.

That said, all you guys that think you are soooo cool because you want to come on here and talk trash about a player that is one of the best at his position coming into his 3rd year, do you REALLY think Suh cares what YOU think?

Lets move on from it.

103. doublebase says: Aug 20, 2012 7:41 PM

I’m wondering why this moron even is allowed to open his mouth anymore. If I own the Lions I’d build a clause into it that required him to duck tape his mouth at all times.

104. thetokyosandblaster2 says: Aug 20, 2012 7:47 PM

lol…

what a delusional fruitcake.

I’m glad the dysfunctional Lions are stuck with him.

They’ll never go anywhere, and neither will Suh.

105. vikingsvoice says: Aug 20, 2012 7:48 PM

What a moron. He deserves continued criticism for this if he continues to bring it up or agree to answer the questions.

106. somatg3 says: Aug 20, 2012 7:55 PM

Suh would fit in really well with the Saints. Its annoying when athletes completely insult our intelligence. Why do they feel like they can just lie their butts off and actually expect us to be stupid enough to believe them? What an idiot! I’m not sure who I’m more sick of. Suh or Bress?

107. cmdrsmooth says: Aug 20, 2012 7:56 PM

Hahahaha….that was his new sack dance was a better excuse. Shut up NFL players, you are making us all look like fools to Alien worlds thinking twice of invading us.

108. elwaysmilehighdenver says: Aug 20, 2012 8:02 PM

Suh. Get over it! That was last season!
    Johnny Cash would be ashamed of your
    unrepentant attitude! But he still loves his
    boy named Suh !! Go Lions. Play smart!

109. larryboodry says: Aug 20, 2012 8:15 PM

rmc1995 says: Aug 20, 2012 7:31 PM

———————————-
    Last November when Suh ripped Cutler’s helmet off, the Bears were so scared they picked Stafford four times and won 37-13…Stafford himself was so frustrated he horse-collared DJ Moore, likely to impress his defensive hero Suh.

110. matthewcarlson1 says: Aug 20, 2012 8:22 PM

Well if you believe Vilma and the Saints you might as well believe Suh.

111. magicrats says: Aug 20, 2012 8:29 PM

why are we still talking about this????????/

112. txbossman says: Aug 20, 2012 8:30 PM

I played football through high school. What he did pales in comparison to what I did and what was done to me. I was taught; “That’s football. Do it to them before they do it to you.”.

I didn’t have an issue with what Suh did. It’s taught/tolerated/encouraged/overlooked as we come come up.

His problem was that he got caught. That’s the difference between the coach slapping you on the helmet for good play, and not talking to you because you cost the team.

113. jaderbear76 says: Aug 20, 2012 8:33 PM

Ya not “intentional” like he’s not “overrated”!!

114. groundpounder95 says: Aug 20, 2012 8:36 PM

This guy is a piece of work….first the stomp denial, then driving crazy and reckless with a ’70 chevelle with hip hop rimes.

115. footballchic777 says: Aug 20, 2012 9:05 PM

Dude, man up and admit your mistake and move on! REALLY….YOU DIDN’T DO IT DELIBERATELY? Right……

116. gator2006 says: Aug 20, 2012 9:14 PM

GQ is a few quarters behind on this old news as well as old Tebow photos.

117. nathanbetz91 says: Aug 20, 2012 9:17 PM

i wish he would just accept the fact that hes one of if not the leagues dirtiest players. at this point its just pathetic and embarrasing to himself to constantly deny it

118. lionsdraftguy says: Aug 20, 2012 9:17 PM

Jaderbear76…you are pathetic. And even without your username, I can tell you are a Bears fan.

Want to talk about overrated? How about this so called passing attack you guys think is the greatest show on turf. So you got Brandon Marshall…hes good, but hes no where near Calvins level.

Alshon Jeffery, a rookie. He had one big catch this past week and all the Bears fans think hes the next Jerry Rice.

Im glad you guys think you are something really special, but wake up. Your good, but thats it. Cant wait til Suh LEGALLY hits Cutler again, but im sure he’ll get flagged for it because they dont want Cutler crying on the field like a little baby.

119. shutupbrees says: Aug 20, 2012 9:24 PM

Its not a lie, if you believe it.
    (George Costanza)

This overgrown baby has had his tooshy rubbed his hole life, and is actually starting to believe he can do no wrong.

120. shutupbrees says: Aug 20, 2012 9:24 PM

whole life …. typo

121. devinhesterprynne says: Aug 20, 2012 9:25 PM

Packer fan here.

I don’t think he was trying to hurt him. He was just frustrated after getting beat on a play by a scrub OL.

All he should say is that he was pissed, stomped his foot out of frustration and got a piece of the guy. End of story.

122. hyzers says: Aug 20, 2012 9:29 PM

Love it. Keep the hate coming Bears fans. Cutler is getting destroyed this year after that weak *%# o-line of yours gets tossed out of the way.

Enjoy sitting at home for the playoffs for another year. Maybe you’ll have something to feign moral outrage from behind a keyboard over again you cowards.

123. riverhorsey says: Aug 20, 2012 9:44 PM

Suh I’m going to stomp on you but it’s an accident man.

124. karlpk says: Aug 20, 2012 9:45 PM

Eight months later and he’s still lying – the Lions are talented but stupid.

125. larryboodry says: Aug 20, 2012 9:46 PM

txbossman, your post saddens me…There is obviously violent contact in football, but for kids to be coached to hurt an opponent is wrong…I had a friend who also played HS football, he told of how, at the bottom of a pile, an opposing player grabbed his finger and bent it back ’til it broke. You probably have your own similar stories.

126. fcs34 says: Aug 20, 2012 9:49 PM

Seriously ? Has this guy got a personality disorder or something? Good luck keeping this loon in line Lions.

127. vincelombardisghost says: Aug 20, 2012 10:03 PM

Hey Contra 74: The Packers are the only publicly owned team in the world. If a fan owns one share of stock, yes, they are an owner of the team. No, they don’t have voting rights, but can attend the team’s annual meeting. No other team has this type of structure. Over 300,000 people are passionate enough to purchase stock that has no dollar value, but they do get an official stock certificate that can be displayed proudly. Money raised goes to pay for stadium improvements to ensure the team remains financially viable. Every other NFL team owner envies this unique team structure. And if the team were ever sold, which will never happen, the money goes to the Green Bay American Legion. There isn’t a more special connection between any pro team anywhere in the world than there is between the Packers and is worldwide fan base.

128. goldenperspective says: Aug 20, 2012 10:12 PM

You stomped him bro, I like you, but you stomped him.

129. richndc says: Aug 20, 2012 10:21 PM

Suh is human garbage who epitomizes the self entitlement and zero accountability of the worst of the NFL. Why give this idiot face time? He knows nothing about taking responsibility or owning up. Watch, this fat turd will show his ass again next year. Don’t worry Suh, Haynesworth was going to be the best player in the league and get in the Hall of Fame too, he’s saving a place for you in the flop house.

130. natijim235 says: Aug 20, 2012 10:32 PM

Suh’s mom just trying to get a mother son subway commercial to take the place of michael phelps and mom

131. vikesfansteve says: Aug 20, 2012 10:58 PM

Reminds me of this 30 for 30 episode I saw on ESPN about Marion Jones where she was talking to high school kids and her explanation for taking steroids and lying about it was watch who you choose as friends. In essence she was shirking all the blame and saying that it was the people she associated with that caused her cheating and lying. Same with Barry Bonds denying he knew the clear was steroids. The point being is they know they are wrong and lying but will never admit to it, ever. Don’t you know everyone in jail is innocent? Haynesworth never stomped a head either, it was a trick of the camera angle. Shut up Suh, you did it & you know it. You were a scumbag in college too, did it to a teammate. Just own your rep, if you played for the Raiders or Steelers of the 70’s you would be a superstar for it.

132. rmc1995 says: Aug 20, 2012 10:58 PM

@larryboodry,
    NFL players aren’t scared of Suh. Oddly, guys like you are scared of him. You are scared he’s going to hurt your favorite players so you make stuff up and call him dirty. Yet, not once has he hurt a player to gain an unfair advantage. Football is violent and that’s what has made it great. Now, fans pretend violence has no place in the game. I suggest that if you like sausage don’t go ser how it is made, you don’t have the stomach.

And if you have to hang your hat on beating the Lions 1 out of 2, you are easily satisfied with mediocrity. You could be a redskins fan…the skins beat the superbowl champs twice last season.

133. saint73 says: Aug 20, 2012 11:00 PM

Suh is a douche or he is delusional. I’m not sure it matters. I guarantee he will do something dumb by week 4 and get suspended..

134. millerhour says: Aug 20, 2012 11:01 PM

“if you slow down and analyze anything, it’s going to look worse in my opinion”

What a chump, that sounds exactly like something someone who did something wrong would say. He’s a chump and a moron if he thinks we’re going to believe that it wasn’t intentional. Did he suddenly have a leg spasm? I did not have the biggest problem with him until he went on TV and told everyone it wasn’t intentional, he and Ron Artest are both liars and dirty. The only person I have heard say that it wasn’t intentional was a Nebraska fan who has loved him since college. I suppose him dribbling Dietrich-Smith’s head off the turf like a basketball wasn’t intentional either?

135. 69finfan says: Aug 20, 2012 11:28 PM

Obviously it’s not over for Suh because if it were he wouldn’t still be bringing it up. Dude, let it go. You lost your temper, you stomped the guy and you paid the consequences, end of story. You didn’t kill anybody, you didn’t kill any animals, it wasn’t a DUI just admit you made a mistake and move on.

136. mwindle1973 says: Aug 21, 2012 4:06 AM

Why doesn’t he just quit lying. It’s the classic Mike Tyson syndrome. Bully was getting bullied that day, so he would rather do something dirty and get thrown from the game than face the guy kicking his tail for another play. Bully a bully and they act like a coward every time.

137. spooner97 says: Aug 21, 2012 9:41 AM

I’ve been trying to tell you. Dietrich-Smith had a spider on his arm. Suh was just trying to help.

138. sportmentary says: Aug 21, 2012 12:15 PM

And I say he’s a good and decent human being. I say that with as much truth as his statement and I believe what I said as much as he believes what he said.

139. jazz321 says: Aug 21, 2012 12:39 PM

Suh was robbed. As Goodell said when he was punishing the Saints, it doesn’t matter that there is no video evidence of any defensive player purposely taking an illegal hit to intentionally hurt an opposing player, it was the INTENT of the program/coach’s orders). Sure we saw Suh stomp the Packer lineman, but his intent was not to hurt him. So although there is video evidence of the stomp, his intent was not to hurt. Free SUH!!!!!

140. 3ghostninja says: Aug 22, 2012 11:14 AM

Looking at the comments, and the article, it shows that people didn’t read the GQ article thoroughly. The author spent nearly a week with Suh beforehe would even talk to him. He was asked about this again, and would not have talked about it otherwise.

I can’t say I agree with him or his family, but he has put it behind him. Time to move on.

The piece is worth a read. He lives an unorthodox life, but he is deeply committed to family.

141. liveonthepackerhotline says: Aug 22, 2012 3:19 PM

Dude go hang out with Sapp on his book tour…

142. rhoneyman says: Aug 22, 2012 9:14 PM

y’all have never seen a three year old stomp his foot during a tantrum? hell, i still do it every few years or so.

suh was held and tackled illegally. he’d been held all day long. the gb player continued to hang on as suh was trying to get up. suh lost his temper and shoved the guy’s head a couple of times and then got called for a personal foul.

suh’s response, what is now called the stomp, was an involuntary response to a call that, in his mind, came from left field. worse. he was called for a foul after being held all day long. tantrum/stomp. aimed at the ground in response to frustration over a really stupid call.

don’t buy it? look at the clips again without the preconceptions. you’ll see very clearly that a) suh was held; b) suh was taken down illegally; c) suh had trouble getting up because the packer player continued to hold on; d) suh took out his frustration by pushing the packer player’s helmet three times; e) the ref threw the flag; f) suh lost his cool because of the ref and the situation.

that stomp was entirely an internal response, not an external attack.

143. cornernum23 says: Aug 22, 2012 9:42 PM

Why are these idiots saying he should stop bringing it up? The people from the magazine asked him about the stomp. Are the people that read this site really that dumb?

144. electionconfidential says: Aug 23, 2012 11:59 AM

The worst part is that he seems to believe his own BS.

145. tejano2k says: Aug 23, 2012 4:53 PM

It’s going to follow him regardless of what rag or sports reporting “authority” prints an article about it. He did it and should own up to it. What a whiner! Lions cubs fans FINALLY have a team that MIGHT be worth mentioning and they lose their drawers over one incident. Call it what it was…Bad sportsmanship aside, it was a flagrant violation of the rules. Live with it! Go Pack!

146. commitment2excrement says: Aug 23, 2012 8:36 PM

Nobody talks about that Vikings guy who kicked the GB guy in the balls anymore. Why? Because he apologized and everyone moved on. This idiot Suh who should be spending his off season taking driving lessons instead of making excuses to GQ magazine.