DeSean Jackson says media twists his words

DeSean Jackson AP

DeSean Jackson is coming closer to checking the next box on the “diva receiver to-do” list:  Refuse to talk to reporters.

Jackson isn’t happy with the fact that the media has given his words their plain meaning, as he said on Twitter in the wake of his interview with ESPN in which he admitted that he was holding back to protect himself last season.

“I let it get to me, even though I tried not to let it,” Jackson said Monday, in an interview with Lisa Salters. “I was trying to protect myself from getting hurt — now I’m just giving it all.”

And here’s what Jackson said Tuesday.

We’re not sure how or why his words were twisted.  Maybe he’ll eventually elaborate.

Unless he fears his words will be twisted.

Then again, it’s possible that we’re twisting his words by saying that he’s claiming the media twists his words.

I suddenly have a headache.  I wonder if Jim Harbaugh has any extra aspirin.

Permalink 29 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
29 Responses to “DeSean Jackson says media twists his words”
  1. kh221 says: Aug 22, 2012 9:39 AM

Everyone knows he played it safe last year. I’m curious to see how he plays now that he was paid.

2. tenotnamedmiller says: Aug 22, 2012 9:42 AM

Did he ask the media if they knew what he was sayin’?

3. dg0122 says: Aug 22, 2012 9:45 AM

Thank you desean you bastion of professionalism

4. ahostiletakeover says: Aug 22, 2012 9:48 AM

Newsflash: the media will twist ANYONE’S words if it will benefit them in some fashion.

There’s no rule that says “NFL players must utilize a Twitter account.” When you get rid of that thing and maybe articulate in the locker room interviews a little better, maybe you won’t have this problem Desean. And this is coming from a guy who you helped win a $1,000 fantasy football championship a couple of years ago.

5. bkostela says: Aug 22, 2012 9:50 AM

dude had alligator arms the two years prior to last year as well – thats not gonna change. but maybe he’ll try a little harder now that he already got paid.

6. NoobTubeTV says: Aug 22, 2012 9:50 AM

Speaking of unprofessionaly… what type professional speaks/talks like that on Twitter or anywhere else in public?

7. ihatethejets23 says: Aug 22, 2012 9:53 AM

“An they always wondering why I don’t wanna talk 2 they ass”

English is not his first language.

8. eaglesfan94 says: Aug 22, 2012 9:54 AM

The media twists everyone’s words, DeSean. You’re not special. That being said, it’s now pretty obvious that during your time at Cal you were not an English major.

9. skinsnrugby says: Aug 22, 2012 9:55 AM

And cursing in a text is soooooooo professional. Anybody want to take my bet that this guy is broke within 3 years of being out of the league. You can’t fake stupid.

10. nfloracle says: Aug 22, 2012 9:58 AM

Shut up and play, DeSean.

When you’re not playing, take an English class and learn how to express yourself like a man instead of making a fool out of yourself and revealing how ignorant you are on Twitter.

11. jolink653 says: Aug 22, 2012 10:16 AM

So he didn’t come out and say he didn’t try his hardest last year? Funny I thought I saw a direct quote from him saying something along those lines…Someone should give Dunta Robinson a call so he can knock some sense into Desean

12. coltsluckdynasty says: Aug 22, 2012 10:17 AM

Man, and you guys think that irsay’s tweets are bad, and hard to understand. Could you imagine if his phone didn’t have spell check? This guy is a punk, all I see when I hear his name, is him sitting on the bench while his teammates are talking to him, with a blank stare on his face. Of course those gator arms always come to mind, and of course, fumbling the ball on the one yard line because he was too worried about celebrating, than actually scoring. I can’t believe the eagles paid this joke that kind of money. For what exactly again? Returning a punt? Please if anyone can, besides being a terrible teammate, let me know what this guy has actually accomplished. I really want to know. I’m being serious, besides the guy who he won a fantasy football title for, I’m confused as to what he’s done…

13. sterilizecromartie says: Aug 22, 2012 10:17 AM

How dare him question the motives of the media! They would NEVER twist someones words for the sake of a story.

14. abqpacker says: Aug 22, 2012 10:24 AM

Explosive football player, who just really needs to learn to shut his mouth and play football.

15. mrwillie says: Aug 22, 2012 10:27 AM

They twisted his words into proper grammar and now he can’t understand his own words anymore. I can see the resentment there.

16. shamburg says: Aug 22, 2012 10:38 AM

The media twist occurred when all the news outlets took his words to mean he purposely played poorly. What he was saying was that he was trying to not let it get to him but it did and it affected his game. Huge difference.

17. melikefootball says: Aug 22, 2012 10:54 AM

And these guys like to post, to feed that ,LOOK HOW GREAT IAM attitude and then cry foul when something is said about it. Grow up, please!

18. xpensivewinos says: Aug 22, 2012 11:14 AM

I’ll bet his valedictorian speech at Cal had everyone on the edge of their seats……

19. lilrob10201 says: Aug 22, 2012 11:16 AM

In the Pats preseason game I seen the Desean Jackson from his 2nd year in the NFL He did not drop a pass and also went over the middle.He more and likely did not give it his all because he did not want to get injured .

20. heyguru1969 says: Aug 22, 2012 11:23 AM

Jackson should be thankful every day for the God-given talent that has allowed him to somewhat overcome being a greedy, selfish moron who places his own money above team (are you listening MJD?). I’m surprised none of his teammates have taken him to the woodshed for admitting he wasn’t trying in 2011, only trying to stay unblemished. That’s not how you gain your fellow soldiers’ respect, DeSean.

21. patfic15 says: Aug 22, 2012 11:45 AM

Jackson stated:

The media wrote:

Case CLOSED.

22. tdk24 says: Aug 22, 2012 11:53 AM

The problem with him and many athletes is that they do not know how to communicate their thoughts. Look at his tweet for crying out loud! You would think that a person with a college education would know proper grammer. Until they figure that out, the educated masses will have to try their best to decipher what he is trying to convey. Use your millions and buy a $4 dictionary or something.

23. unkleruckus says: Aug 22, 2012 11:53 AM

For starters he got himself drafted in the 2nd round of the NFL draft. .

Attended Cal, which by all accounts is a very good school

Signed a $40+ million contract extention before the age of 30…

What else would you like to see him accomplish?

24. cardiovascularendurance says: Aug 22, 2012 12:27 PM

No way is this happening. It’s simply unpossible.

25. fdugrad says: Aug 22, 2012 12:41 PM

Now THAT would be SOME travail if the fans were deprived of his keen insights and rapier-like wit!!

26. nard100 says: Aug 22, 2012 2:43 PM

This guy should play for the Saints. That way his fans could say he meant something totally different or that all receivers play that way. By the way DeSean, it was totally obvious last year that you had alligator arms. LOL.

27. grogantomorganforthe says: Aug 22, 2012 3:33 PM

“Take a look. It’s in a book. Reading Rainbow!”

28. ninertownusa says: Aug 23, 2012 3:12 AM

@tdk24 I very much appreciate your point… but please note there’s no “e” in grammar.

29. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Aug 23, 2012 12:45 PM

Jackson confessed to dogging it to protect himself from getting hurt but then realized how that would go over with the Commish, and now trying to keep from getting hurt by his own words.