Ramon Humber is the latest injured Saints linebacker

Ramon Humber AP

Another day, another injured Saints linebacker.

It’s Ramon Humber that’s hurt this time. Humber pulled his hamstring during Tuesday’s practice and coach Joe Vitt said Wednesday that he will miss the next 10 days while he rehabs the injury. It’s particularly bad timing for Humber, who was touted as an injury replacement for Curtis Lofton at middle linebacker even though he has to serve a three-game suspension to start the season.

Between the injury and the suspension, Humber’s going to miss out on a lot of practice time in the next month or so, something that will likely hurt his chances of earning a lot of playing time in the early part of the season. With Chris Chamberlain, David Hawthorne and Lofton all going down in the last week, there’s probably going to be a lot of it to go around.

Newly acquired Barrett Ruud’s chances of grabbing a share of it should go up as a result of Humber’s injury. Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Vitt said he wasn’t ready to name a starting middle linebacker for Saturday’s game against the Texans, although he did say he didn’t think Ruud would have enough practice time with the team to get on the field this week.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Ramon Humber is the latest injured Saints linebacker”
  1. kylecormier says: Aug 22, 2012 5:02 PM

Raise your hand if you read this as Roman Harper at first

2. voiceofreasonsays says: Aug 22, 2012 5:06 PM

There’s no way New Orleans defense can keep up with the Redskins speed on offense opening week. Redskins win by double digits easy.

3. dfalcon3522 says: Aug 22, 2012 5:23 PM

@kylecormier that is too funny. I was for sure I was alone in reading that. I actually read it 3 times before I got it right. I thought I had missed a position change. So my hand is raised

4. biggestsaintsfanever says: Aug 22, 2012 5:37 PM

@voiceforreasonsays- And surely the skins D can handle DREW and the best bayou offence !!!!

5. robert831 says: Aug 22, 2012 5:40 PM

The Saints are now cursed. These injuries are just the start. They will fall hard this year. I can’t wait for the Aints to bring back the paper bags.

6. ilovefoolsball says: Aug 22, 2012 5:40 PM

voiceofreasonsays says:
    Aug 22, 2012 5:06 PM
    ________
    So in your perfect world Drew Brees doesn’t play that game correct? Even if the Saints D sucks early on you still gotta contend with Brees, Sproles, Thomas, Colston, and Graham.

7. bunjy96 says: Aug 22, 2012 5:50 PM

Ruud is done. He’ll be no help. If he couldn’t make in Tampa, Tennessee or Seattle, why would he do any better in N.O.?

8. mdd913 says: Aug 22, 2012 6:08 PM

robert831 says: Aug 22, 2012 5:40 PM

——————————————————————

LOL, look at you desperately grasping at straws over some minor preseason injuries. Saints will still destroy your team.

9. voiceofreasonsays says: Aug 22, 2012 6:11 PM

Saint fans…all we gotta do is cut the head off and the body dies LOL. In other words, Our front seven will smack Brees around en route to a win. Nobody is scared of those other players you listed.

10. playin2x says: Aug 22, 2012 6:21 PM

Voiceofreason is high … I am a skins fan for life and would never ever say something so ludicrous and just plain wrong.. While I expect a good game I am realistically prepared to start the season 0-1

11. biggestsaintsfanever says: Aug 22, 2012 6:38 PM

Idon’t think he’s high..I think he’s delusional.

12. purplegreenandgold says: Aug 22, 2012 6:45 PM

robert831 says: Aug 22, 2012 5:40 PM

======================================
    where have u been vikings fan… missed you!!! WOW… you hope we go back 30 years… come on man I used to laugh at your originality

13. robert831 says: Aug 22, 2012 7:57 PM

I hope the taints get moved to LA!

14. purplegreenandgold says: Aug 23, 2012 12:15 AM

robert831 says: Aug 22, 2012 7:57 PM

I hope the taints get moved to LA!
    ======================================
    robert831…let me say this s- l- o- w- l-y so the even most casual observer can comprehend. LA includes a few metropolitan areas…one being New Orleans. Im sure you meant to rant L.A., but you know oh so well how the threat of your Vikings moving to L.A. feels dont you.