Skip to content

Redskins make first roster cuts

610x-5 AP

The last bits of info regarding the first wave of roster cuts are trickling in.  The Redskins are the latest to announce the moves that they made to get to 75 players.

As previously reported, kicker Neil Rackers lost the kicking competition to Graham Gano.  The Redskins also released veteran offensive linemen Tony Moll (pictured) and James Lee.

The Redskins have waived running back Antwon Bailey, offensive lineman Chris Campbell, running back Lennon Creer, quarterback Jonathan Crompton, receiver Samuel Kirkland, linebacker Monte Lewis, guard Nick Martinez, and tight end Beau Reliford.

Receiver Lance Lewis was waived with the injured designation.  If unclaimed, he reverts to Washington’s injured reserve list.  Also, cornerback Morgan Trent was waived with an injury settlement; if unclaimed, he won’t be back.

Cornerback Kevin Barnes has been traded to the Lions.

Finally, right tackle Jammal Brown was shifted from active/PUP to reserve/PUP.  He’ll miss at least the first six weeks of the season.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
6 Responses to “Redskins make first roster cuts”
  1. youhavenoclue says: Aug 27, 2012 6:54 PM

    Was Bob Griffen one of them?

  2. hailvictory10 says: Aug 27, 2012 7:21 PM

    I liked Rackers Gano must go

  3. gibbskins9 says: Aug 27, 2012 7:29 PM

    Rackers move will come back to bite us!!!!

  4. bleedgreen33 says: Aug 27, 2012 8:45 PM

    They need to cut everyone and start fresh. Or they’ll be a 5 win team again. Bums.

  5. blackqbwhiterb says: Aug 27, 2012 8:52 PM

    Jammaal Brown is turning out to be a waste of money I think….and Gano is better, it was the blocking up front that was weak last year leading to several blocked kicks

  6. secofunk says: Aug 28, 2012 10:37 AM

    Happy to see Gano go …he was a true screw up

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!