Saints announce cuts, including veteran DT Remi Ayodele

New Orleans Saints v New England Patriots Getty Images

The Saints announced they’ve cut veteran defensive tackle Remi Ayodele and quarterback Luke McCown as a part of Monday’s deadline moves.

So if Ayodele says “give me my money,” again, it’ll be to a new employer.

The Saints also waived the following players: Tight end Jake Byrne, wide receivers Marques Clark, Kevin Hardy and Derek Moye, offensive linemen Hutch Eckerson, Paul Fenaroli and Brian Folkerts, defensive end Donavan Robinson, defensive tackle Swanson Miller, linebacker Aaron Tevis, cornerbacks Kamaal McIlwain and Cord Parks and safety Johnny Thomas.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Saints announce cuts, including veteran DT Remi Ayodele”
  1. unknownprofessa says: Aug 27, 2012 12:19 PM

I suspect the Colts might give him a look especially with a tackle on IR and our NT rookie on the PUP

2. adenaguy says: Aug 27, 2012 12:35 PM

Dang it, another hurricane heading towards New Orleans. Guess the NFL’s gonna have to give them another Super Bowl.

3. daveman8403 says: Aug 27, 2012 12:47 PM

Please explain how the NFL “gave” new orleans a super bowl. They did not win the Super Bowl until 5 years after Katrina hit.

4. harryglyphics says: Aug 27, 2012 1:01 PM

Have they cut Mike Ornstein yet?

5. rjg427 says: Aug 27, 2012 1:06 PM

geez theyre still carrying on with this kicker controversy betweek hartley and kasay..I need to know which one to add to my fantasy team already!!!

6. xxwhodatxx says: Aug 27, 2012 1:06 PM

Say what you want about the team or anything else football but there is no way you or anyone else would talk that trash about us getting hit by a hurricane to our face. It must be nice to know that your’re safe behind a computer screen cause you would get an old fashioned a$$ whooping saying that stuff down here.

7. frojo112963 says: Aug 27, 2012 1:33 PM

So if Ayodele says “give me my money,” again, it’ll be to a new employer.

Wait a minute! I thought it was Hargrove that said it. That’s what the NFL and their “impartial” investigator insist happened. She could even see his mouth moving as he said it! According to her that was more than enough “evidence” to convict the Saints on a “bounty” charge. Pfffftt!

8. btowngetsdown says: Aug 27, 2012 1:40 PM

So if Ayodele says “give me my money,” again, it’ll be to a new employer.
    ____________________________

Wonder if Ayodele not stepping up and admitting that he said it (as apparently a lot of the Saints players believe he did) contributed to the team releasing him.

9. gtodriver says: Aug 27, 2012 1:42 PM

daveman8403 says:

Simple. The NFL awards the hosting of the Super Bowl to cities all the time. They have done that multiple times for New Orleans.

As to winning the Super Bowl 5 years after Katrina – well if you want to count that one with an “*” after it – I guess they did…

10. ningenito78 says: Aug 27, 2012 2:19 PM

New Orleans has had the Super Bowl multiple times. Thanks for trollin.

11. daveman8403 says: Aug 27, 2012 3:01 PM

gtodrive

Give me a break. Let me guess, you are a sore vikings fan. I guarantee you there are no * in the record books. Boo Hoo for you.

12. daveman8403 says: Aug 27, 2012 3:38 PM

Also, why is that the same people who think that somehow the NFL secretly gave the Saints a Super Bowl are the same people who refuse to believe that the NFL might have overstepped their bounds on the whole “bounty” scandal.

13. chickmagnet1 says: Aug 28, 2012 10:53 AM

Good point daveman8403. I like the way the people who hate us come to where we post comments to leave there 2 cents. I also like that they won’t tell you who their teams is so you won’t know where to go to give them a taste of their own medicine.

14. gabec10 says: Aug 28, 2012 7:09 PM

Gotta love haters. It keeps us knowing we are doing something right! Who Dat!