Raiders add Coye Francies

Tennessee Titans v Cleveland Browns Getty Images

The post-75, pre-53 roster churn continues.

The Raiders, a day after adding receiver/kick returner Roscoe Parrish, have claimed defensive back/kick returner Coye Francies on waivers from the Seahawks.

A sixth-round pick of the Browns in 2009, Francies also has played in the UFL.

If nothing else, Francies will help fill out the depth chart at kick returner in the preseason finale, given that Jacoby Ford and Denarius Moore aren’t available.

To create space for Francies, the Raiders waived defensive back Conroy Black.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Raiders add Coye Francies”
  1. hanspard says: Aug 29, 2012 3:24 PM

(crickets)

2. thebigcaptain2011 says: Aug 29, 2012 4:05 PM

Who?

3. junior559 says: Aug 29, 2012 4:34 PM

if he can cover and return kicks then good sign i guess, never heard of him tho

4. radrntn says: Aug 29, 2012 5:54 PM

would not be surprised to see raiders sign some more players when roster cuts get to 53 on friday, and would not be surprised to see Parish, and Francies get cut to make room for the new signings…maybe OG, LB, S, and veteran WR .

5. rojodiablo says: Aug 29, 2012 7:45 PM

TE Cooley is out there. Could help the offense out.

6. resbeard05 says: Aug 29, 2012 11:40 PM

To radrntn. Are you serious? Why would we need a veteran WR or a safety. I don’t care if Ford and Moore are hurt, they’ll be back soon enough. We have DHB, Streater and it’s not like McFadden and Parrish can’t catch a ball. Huff is looking good this season and Branch is good. We need CB’s and a system QB since they don’t care about Palmers style (which they should taylor an offense to your QB). A good LB is worthwhile and Cooley would be great if he doesn’t retire or would want to even play for us! A good backup RB is what we need bad too. I was sad we didn’t get Benson. I bet he has another big yr in greenbay.

What the raiders don’t get is how to you the players they have instead of trying to fit them to a system they might not fit in. Slowly change the system and draft the players you want later to fit that system. Until then use the players accordingly. If Palmer doesn’t throw picks all year and we had at least 1strong CB were Super Bowl contention team!

7. radrntn says: Aug 30, 2012 11:43 AM

resbeard05 says:
    Aug 29, 2012 11:40 PM
    ______________________________

yes -very serious. I love the youth/future at that position but I guess I do care that they are hurt, I also prefer not to start two undrafted rookies opening day.. I guess maybe I would rather see a guy like plaxico lined up rather than eddie…at least until the bye week. ..I guess you also forget what happen to raiders d when Huff missed those 6 games last year including the game he got hurt,and we went 2-4 w/o him.