Texans trade for Tyler Clutts

Chicago Bears v Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getty Images

The Texans made a trade in advance of the cut-deadline, sending cornerback Sherrick McManis to the Bears for fullback Tyler Clutts, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.

They’re keeping James Casey as their starter, but made the deal for the former CFL and Arena Leaguer.

McClain also reports they released veteran fullback Moran Norris to make room for the newcomer on the roster.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Houston Texans, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Texans trade for Tyler Clutts”
  1. butch815 says: Aug 31, 2012 1:33 PM

Likely a salary cap move by Texans, saves $500K vs keeping Moran Norris.

2. pdennis33 says: Aug 31, 2012 2:22 PM

I’m a Bears fan, and can tell you that Clutts is a very solid fullback. Sorry to see him go… I’m not familiar with McManis, is he a solid pickup for us as well? I would hope the value would be the same.

3. dugganmt says: Aug 31, 2012 3:54 PM

That looks like a big man. I would not want to be between him and the end zone.

4. mcbleeezy says: Aug 31, 2012 4:10 PM

I went to high school with Clutts. Dudes a monster, played QB in high school. Gym rat…Houston should be glad to have him.

5. buddhaelt says: Aug 31, 2012 4:17 PM

McManis has a lot of ability. He showed he’s willing to get in there on the run, also. Not afraid to make the big hit, great cover ability. I thought he was definitely a piece of the puzzle here in Houston. I wish him all the luck.

Glad to hear that Clutts is a solid FB. Have never heard of him but, if Kubiak wanted him, then he should be a great addition to the Texans as there have been nothing but solid player moves on both sides of the ball.

6. tone360 says: Aug 31, 2012 9:25 PM

Clutts is a beast so here’s hoping we didn’t get ripped off. Nice to see we didn’t settle for a 7th round pick in the year 3000!

7. texans2thesuperbowl says: Sep 1, 2012 12:17 PM

In Kub’s offence the FB must be able to catch the ball(something Norris didn’t do) James Casey might have the best hands on the team.I think Clutts will be a good goal line and short yardage back.Don’t be surprised if he get’s his first NFL TD by week three.

8. larryboodry says: Sep 1, 2012 6:52 PM

Looks like a good deal for both teams…Houston is getting a good player in Clutts, I am sorry to see him go…No FB need in Tice’s offense, or I am sure the Bears would have kept him.

9. tiggerblood says: Sep 2, 2012 2:55 AM

Haha his name is clutts think the bears got the better end of the deal if he lives up to his name!

10. larryboodry says: Sep 2, 2012 10:15 AM

tiggerblood says: Sep 2, 2012 2:55 AM

————————————–
    What are you, twelve? The man can play, I think both teams did well in this trade.