Greg Jennings says the Lambeau Leap has its hazards

132836223_crop_650x440 Getty Images

Packers receiver Greg Jennings thinks that he soon could be leaving Green Bay.  If he goes, it sounds like Jennings won’t miss every aspect of playing at Lambeau Field.

The Lambeau Leap has its hazards, as Jennings explained to Erik Kuselias of NBC Sports Radio on Thursday night.

“I try to go away from the men because the men get a little grabby,” Jennings said.  “The women get grabby too but them men it’s like come on, really, seriously?  I’m another guy.”

If Jennings goes, Jordy Nelson could be the guy who gets even more grabbings, given that Nelson is routinely underestimated because he’s white.

“I’ve always told him that, I’ve always said that,” Jennings said.  “I think for whatever reason a guy looks across at Jordy, number one, they’re going to think ,‘He’s a white guy he’s not that fast,’ but he has game.  Bottom line he can play.  He can catch the ball, he can make things happen when he gets the ball in his hands.  You’ve got to take him serious, I’ll tell you that, when you line up across from him.”

Apparently, you also have to take the folks in the stands at Lambeau Field seriously, too.

Permalink 54 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
54 Responses to “Greg Jennings says the Lambeau Leap has its hazards”
  1. gunndlewittlebaum says: Sep 6, 2012 10:45 PM

Emmett C. Burns Jr. thinks all that grabbing may result in a Gay marriage. Brendon Ayanbadejo is OK with that.

2. thenewenglandpatriots12 says: Sep 6, 2012 10:47 PM

Calm down greg, no need to get all defensive to prove that you do not like grown men grabbing you when you jump up on their laps… Okay greg

3. shawshankreception says: Sep 6, 2012 10:51 PM

If you had been drinking for the past five hours, you’d be grabby, too

4. textexington says: Sep 6, 2012 10:51 PM

GET READY TO WIN ANOTHER SUPERBOWL GREGGG!!!

5. geniusfan says: Sep 6, 2012 10:53 PM

Man Jennings sounds like a guy who already has one foot out the door. He’s pretty much calling the male fans weirdos for grabbing him, not to mention he’s more or less stated that he believes this is going to be his final year as a Packer.

Packers fans better hope that Jennings doesn’t make the kind of “business decisions” Desean Jackson made.

6. barroomhero80 says: Sep 6, 2012 10:54 PM

That’s Wisconsin. Dudes grabbing other dudes. Ha typical packer fans

7. smack1114 says: Sep 6, 2012 10:56 PM

Nelson had a extra bone implanted into his foot, it’s on his wiki page. :)

8. vkngs77 says: Sep 6, 2012 10:58 PM

“I try to go away from the men because the men get a little grabby,” Jennings said. “The women get grabby too but them men it’s like come on, really, seriously? I’m another guy.”

Enough said!

9. thejuddstir says: Sep 6, 2012 10:58 PM

————————————————–

LMAO…..and this coming from a Packer player! All these years and Jennings still doesn’t know why they are called “the packers” and treat PETA members as haters.

10. charleslouis99 says: Sep 6, 2012 10:58 PM

he’s gotta put day team on his back
    its that simple

11. wadecounty93 says: Sep 6, 2012 11:00 PM

I can agree with Jennings on this one all he way, I think Nelson is a great receiver. As a Dolphin fan I wish the fins would make a trade for James Jones because right now were looking pretty soft at the WR position right now. Hopefully they sign Gaffney and make a trade for someone.

12. mvp43 says: Sep 6, 2012 11:03 PM

what the heck had gotten into Jennings the past few weeks. The guy says two words the past 5 years and now he’s jabbing on every radio show. he is a great player but he’s one of 6 on the packers roster. after they sign Rodgers for a billion dollars, it will come down to Raji or Jennings…

13. thejuddstir says: Sep 6, 2012 11:04 PM

Come on Jennings, what do you expect when you live in a state where first cousin marriages are common and sheep are your best friends.

14. wwwmattcom says: Sep 6, 2012 11:10 PM

‘He is a white guy, he is not that fast”. I am offended.

15. hrmlss says: Sep 6, 2012 11:12 PM

Dear Ted Thompson,

As a life long fan (1965), and season ticket holder, I hope we let him go to the Viking’s. He has let it be known he want’s to go, and the Vike’s seem perfect for his now often injured style of play. Thanks for the memories Greg! We’ll sort of miss you! Unless you man up, play tough, cover your groin in the stands, and re-sign!

16. goldrush36 says: Sep 6, 2012 11:15 PM

Funny this article gets posted. Someone just posted a pic of a packers receiver on my facebook wall. A fan has a full on grab of his junk and is just looking away like it isn’t him.

17. papasbasement says: Sep 6, 2012 11:15 PM

If it’s a white guy that’s jumping into the stands, expect Kardashian family attendance to plummet.

18. hrmlss says: Sep 6, 2012 11:15 PM

As a slow white dude I am offended after a second reading. Nelson could destroy Jenning’s in a race! 40 or 100! And I think it should be a pay per view event!

19. ghostofgilchrist says: Sep 6, 2012 11:18 PM

ah, now I understand how the name “Packers” started..

20. joeybrownerguy says: Sep 6, 2012 11:20 PM

Had ANYONE said “He’s a black guy…” (followed by anything else)…he’d be called a racist, forced to resign from his job, and spend the rest of his life in infamy.

21. spedman24 says: Sep 6, 2012 11:20 PM

Contract year.

22. staffordsyear says: Sep 6, 2012 11:21 PM

Thats disgusting.

23. i10east says: Sep 6, 2012 11:22 PM

(God)dell will now ban the Lambeau leap since this info is known because of potential legal issues….

24. vikingdoode says: Sep 6, 2012 11:34 PM

Actually based on other celebrations. This should be a delay of the game. But it’s Green Bay they are special.

Should be banned

25. thejuddstir says: Sep 6, 2012 11:37 PM

I don’t think we’ll see a whole lot of packer fans commenting on this post, LOL It would require them to either agree with Jennings or have to badmouth one of their beloved packer players……talk about being between a rock and a hard spot, LMAO Who would’ve “thunk” that it would take a packer player to shut up a packer fan !!!!!!!!

26. maxman99 says: Sep 6, 2012 11:42 PM

Imagine the uproar if any white player said “He’s black, so he’s not that smart.” What a double standard. Offensive remark.

27. raiderinva says: Sep 6, 2012 11:47 PM

———————————

Just think….

These are the same fans that were offended by Randy Moss “shooting the moon to the fans” when he played for the Vikings?

I am sorry but men on men “getting a little grabby” is a disgusting act in Green Bay.

28. pariseinminnesotabichez says: Sep 6, 2012 11:55 PM

In Green Bay they like the D, what can i say? You may win Superbowls, but in Minnesota, were straight.

29. pariseinminnesotabichez says: Sep 6, 2012 11:58 PM

What can i say? In Green Bay they like the D. You may win Superbowls, but in Minnesota, were straight.

30. contrasuxbalz says: Sep 6, 2012 11:58 PM

It sure is easy to find some Packer haters. I am not a fan but seriously just because everyone picks them to win it all is no reason to hate.

31. bzeller says: Sep 7, 2012 12:25 AM

Wow…….had this been a white guy or any other player on another team , people would be outraged…….leave it to a Packer……

32. Great Caesar's Ghost says: Sep 7, 2012 12:26 AM

A lot of lame, desperate gay jokes from fans whose teams haven’t won crap. Sad.

33. omegaichiban says: Sep 7, 2012 12:30 AM

Forget the nut grabbing…If Victor Cruz is culpable for the loss last night, then the seven? (at least) drops in the playoff game vs the Giants are definitely in play…and that’s all Clay Matthews Jr was saying Giant fans, and players. You know who didn’t drop any though Donald Driver and he had to take a pay cut????????????????

34. pantherpro says: Sep 7, 2012 12:39 AM

Dear Fat Packer fan… The Niners are going to give you a facial this Sunday! Time to go home Sunday afternoon and beat the dog! What a dump of a city!

35. cliffclavicle says: Sep 7, 2012 12:39 AM

Why are “excessive celebrations” OK in Green Bay but not anywhere else?

36. jhtobias says: Sep 7, 2012 12:50 AM

Oh come on now Lion and Viking fan Don’t be bitter just because you are the real ladies of the NFC North and play inside in a dome because your scared of the cold. Also, between your two teams you have how many superbowl victories oh yeah ZERO !!!

37. herlies says: Sep 7, 2012 1:20 AM

Jennings will sign with Miami or Oakland or whoever offers the most money. He’ll be good for awhile, retire, and nobody will notice.

Meanwhile, Rodgers will just throw the ball to whoever is open and wind up in Canton.

38. ripster65 says: Sep 7, 2012 1:26 AM

Gus Frerotte just called and said it also hurts when you bang your head into a wall.

39. ripster65 says: Sep 7, 2012 1:28 AM

I told my doctor “It hurts when I do that”…he said “Don’t do that”….simple enough

40. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Sep 7, 2012 1:44 AM

I KNEW IT!

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

41. theripster30 says: Sep 7, 2012 1:57 AM

There are so many Viking fans on here commenting negatively about the Packers and Wisconsin (As usual). It’s pretty pathetic how bitter and childish you all sound. Take your cheap shots that really have nothing to do with football. Your frustration is transparent. If the Packers had the success (or lack of) and reputation from the players to the fans and everything in between that the Vikes do, I’d probably be filled with jealousy and hate as well.

42. stellarperformance says: Sep 7, 2012 6:29 AM

….and the collective male fanbase for the Vikings swooned….”Please give us a leaping wall in our new stadium!”

43. steelersb says: Sep 7, 2012 8:19 AM

The Lambeau Leap should be excessive celebration. Other teams get called for way less.

44. tntmlm says: Sep 7, 2012 8:54 AM

As a Packer fan I can’t stand da Bears but they do have more SBs then the Lions & Vikequeens. I recall a Viking player running the wrong way into the end zone & scoring a safety for the other team. Vikequeens seem to go after the former Packers.

45. rexachss says: Sep 7, 2012 9:01 AM

Come on Packer fan…the No Fun League grandfathers a privilege just for you and this is how you respond …For shame…I guess now that you have been outed Pro players will think twice before interacting with the fans!!!

46. bigdaddydooko says: Sep 7, 2012 9:09 AM

“He’s a white guy he’s not that fast,’ but he has game. Bottom line he can play.”

I’m still trying to figure out what the backlash would be if Jay Cutler said, “Yeah RG3 is a good quarterback. Most people would say ‘He’s black, he can’t be that good of a passer’, but he’s got game.”

As a white person I’m not offended by Jenning’s remarks, I just think racism should be a two way street.

47. otis52gsh says: Sep 7, 2012 9:13 AM

Sounds like he is starting to get bitter already. I would not resign him if I’m the packers. He is one concussion from possible retirement. Great receiver, but he is creating distractions now. That’s great news for my Bears!!

48. ronin36 says: Sep 7, 2012 9:16 AM

I had to chuckle.. I think Greg Jennings was smiling from ear to ear when he said all of that…

As for his contract.. I fully expect to see him re-signed during the season. Probably early November.

TT has traditionally resigned one “star” during the year. He’s waited to see how the roster has shaken out, seen what (if anything) injuries has done, and then used what’s left of cap space to resign somebody.

TT also has to look at the WR position. He’ll be evaluating Driver, Jones, and Cobb. If Driver is fading, he’ll probably let him go (DD will probably retire anyway.) If Jones doesn’t change he may be traded, especially if Cobb shows improvement. 2013 could see a WR corp of Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, and a couple others.

49. guthyrenks says: Sep 7, 2012 10:03 AM

Well if Greg has one foot out the door already, hopefully it is stepping towards Miami! He already knows Philbin and the offence so its a perfect match

50. dcviking says: Sep 7, 2012 10:37 AM

If he wants his cash, Jennings should sue the Packers organization for sexual harassment as I’m sure many of those doing the grabbing are, in fact, owners — I mean they have the Packers stock, right?

51. pack13queens0 says: Sep 7, 2012 2:36 PM

Well Greg, you could always go to Minnesota, but you’d be leaping into empty seats.

52. pariseinminnesotabichez says: Sep 7, 2012 10:21 PM

Jhtobias, you know why Wisconsin doesnt have a hockey team? Because your state has be to be atleast 50% straight to be eligable…

53. pariseinminnesotabichez says: Sep 7, 2012 10:24 PM

Whats funny is after week 1 the Vikings will already be ahead of the Packers in the standings……………………….

54. footballer4ever says: Sep 8, 2012 9:20 PM

@geniusfan said :”He’s pretty much calling the male fans weirdos for grabbing him”

Clarification, he’s not calling them weirdos, he’s calling them gays”.