PFT Live: Greatest rookie debut in NFL history?

Mike Florio talks with Rich Tandler of CSN Washington about the dominant performance Robert Griffin III displayed in his first professional football game. They discuss if this was the best rookie debut ever, what Griffin’s phenomenal performance means for the long-term, an injury update on Pierre Garcon, and how the running game will unfold in Kyle Shanahan’s pass-happy offense.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: PFT Live, Videos, Washington Redskins
8 Responses to “PFT Live: Greatest rookie debut in NFL history?”
  1. ddogdaddy says: Sep 10, 2012 7:46 PM

It would be a lot easier to root for the kid if it weren’t for the ignorant behaviour of SOME of the fans of team that has been mostly irrelovent for the last 20 years. Quit hating and just enjoy what you have. We do. Go Blue.

2. andyb053 says: Sep 10, 2012 8:19 PM

@dogdaddy

1.) It sounds like, despite your acknowledgment that it’s only SOME fans, you’re willing to stereotype the entire fan base in a negative fashion. That’s your right, but that’s unfortunate.

2.) The fact that the Skins have been irrelevant for 20 years (which is largely true) bears no meaning. Fans are going to be fanatics. The Cleveland fan base is one of the most loyal in the country, and their loyalty should mean no less than yours because your team has been more relevant as of late.

3.) Quit hating what?

3. ddogdaddy says: Sep 10, 2012 9:24 PM

@andyb053
    Lets start in reverse.
    3. You know exactly what I mean when I said quit hating.
    I know you have been reading the comments. People feeling the need to say something negative about other teams players,owners,fans and city rather then being grateful for having players that make you relevant. You can love your team and players without hating on some one else.

3. SOME fans mean the numnuts that spew hatred. We got them too.
    Good Luck( pun intended) this year. Should be fun.
    Go Blue.

4. ddogdaddy says: Sep 10, 2012 10:14 PM

I like RG3. I like my man Pierre Garcon(ex-Colt). I like any team that beats Dallas. You feel all that love? You should try it. It only hurts the first time. Lol

5. stopcryingyoubaby says: Sep 11, 2012 8:22 AM

@ddogdaddy

“It would be a lot easier to root for the kid if it weren’t for the ignorant behaviour of SOME of the fans of team that has been mostly irrelovent for the last 20 years.”

“2. I made a point of not calling out the Skins. You assumed that is who I was talking about. Could have been any # of teams, right? Relevant isn’t negative, just truthful.”

Come on, man. On an article about RGIII, you single out “the kid” as being difficult to root for because of the team’s fans. What fans of what team could you POSSIBLY be referring to on an RGIII article in the same sentence that you refer to RGIII?

And for a guy preaching joy and positivity over hate, you unnecessarily make an league irrelevance jab for good measure. You would have been more convincing if you came in and said “best of luck, RGIII”, and your silly little pun would have been included along with your positivity.

But in case you have forgotten, Skins fans have been assaulted with ridicule year after year, and RGIII’s draft publicity intensified the mockery and hate. Skins fans deserve a chance to return-fire.

6. dikshuttle says: Sep 11, 2012 1:28 PM

What kinda namby pamby polyanna posts are these?!!

Smack ‘em in the mouth. Hail Skins & fkuck everybody else!!

caviat: I do root for NFC East teams once the Skins are out of it.

Have some respect for the hierarchy, dambnit.

7. bobgriffinforthewin says: Sep 11, 2012 2:28 PM

@ddogdaddy obviously doesn’t have a clue and is pretty much out of touch with the mainstream.

As a lifelong Redskins fan I couldn’t be more excited and can’t wait to see how far this train will go! HTTR!!!

8. ddogdaddy says: Sep 11, 2012 7:32 PM

@stopcryingyoubaby
    You have missed the point. Be a fan. Be a rabid fan. Just don’t be a hole like voiceofreasonsays. I am sure MOST of your fans don’t agree with the type of the idiot comments associated with him and his hate spewing buddies. As I said WE have some too. Honestly, I don’t care about the Skins. Never have and never will. I do think I could be a RG3 fan though. Seems like a good guy and I am sure will be a great QB. Relax, enjoy what you have. Oh yeah and stopcryingyoubaby. Had to say it. Sorry. I hope 1 day soon our teams will meet in the post season. Go Blue.