Skip to content

Raiders scratch Denarius Moore

Denarius Moore AP

Usually, “probable” means “virtual certainty.”  But not for Raiders receiver Denarius Moore.

Moore returned to practice last week after missing plenty of time with a hamstring injury.  He was listed as probable for Monday night’s game against the Chargers, but Moore has become a surprise addition to the inactive list.

The other inactives are receiver Jacoby Ford, defensive end Jack Crawford, and offensive linemen Joe Barksdale, Lucas Nix, and Tony Bergstrom.

As pointed out by our friends at Rotoworld, rookie receiver Rod Streater will be an every-down performer in the first game of his NFL career.

Regarding Moore, the league office may want an explanation regarding the decision to not play someone who was listed as probable on the injury report.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Top Stories
11 Responses to “Raiders scratch Denarius Moore”
  1. spellingcopfather says: Sep 10, 2012 9:31 PM

    no Ford no Moore, the two Rookie & DHB will have to step up or this will be a long night!!!

  2. bigshirk says: Sep 10, 2012 9:33 PM

    Streeter 3 months ago was a UDFA. Now starting on Monday night. Well deserved tho, dude can play.

  3. ltcpain75 says: Sep 10, 2012 9:35 PM

    Someone just needs to scratch the Raiders.

  4. zidanevalor says: Sep 10, 2012 9:39 PM

    All the reports I saw this weekend listed Moore as questionable, not probable.

  5. dealer009 says: Sep 10, 2012 9:50 PM

    Probable means 75% chance they will play. This is the other 25%. It’s that simple.

    Maybe he had a setback. It doesn’t matter.

  6. frostymugobeer says: Sep 10, 2012 9:51 PM

    what’s the over/under on palmer picks?
    4 would be about right….
    even with the chargers typical “slow start” the raiders will probably choke this early div. game

  7. tdk24 says: Sep 10, 2012 10:01 PM

    Time for Streater to shine!

  8. steviekthr3e says: Sep 10, 2012 10:05 PM

    Why is an explanation needed?

    You need to explain why somebody with a lingering hammy isn’t playing? You don’t have to know much about sports to know a hamstring injury can ruin a season if not smart about it.

  9. cornerback26 says: Sep 10, 2012 10:07 PM

    No Excuses Tonight Chargers Fans For This Blowout We Are About To Showcase.. RaiderNation !!

  10. wherezwaldo says: Sep 11, 2012 6:43 AM

    The Raiders sure did miss this guy.

  11. AlanSaysYo says: Sep 11, 2012 8:22 AM

    Virtual certainty is not the same as certainty. Otherwise, probable would be an injury report option.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!