Andre Carter still looking for a team, works out for Cards

New England Patriots v Washington Redskins Getty Images

Last month, Andre Carter was hop-scotching around the west, looking for work in Oakland and St. Louis.

He’s still looking.

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today, Carter worked out for Arizona today.

The 33-year-old Carter had 10 sacks last year with New England, and has 76.0 in 11 seasons.

He’s coming off a torn quadriceps, and given his recent production, it’s reasonable to assume he’s either looking for too much money or isn’t completely well yet.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Home, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Andre Carter still looking for a team, works out for Cards”
  1. offconstantlyinpublic says: Sep 11, 2012 7:30 PM

Cardinals are playing the Patriots this weekend.

Coincidence? Me think not!

2. dalucks says: Sep 11, 2012 7:44 PM

3. der6495 says: Sep 11, 2012 7:53 PM

Green Bay could sure use him. They still have nobody other than Matthews who can rush the passer.

4. peytonneck18 says: Sep 11, 2012 8:09 PM

Carter is a beastly man-beast.

5. theuglitruth says: Sep 11, 2012 8:38 PM

The challenge is do you really want to cut someone to add him to the roster? The Cards probably won’t do that, they now have a decent LB lineup…it makes more sense for the Rams or Raiders.

6. moss49thteam says: Sep 11, 2012 9:12 PM

I would think that Buffalo would be very interested in talking with Mr. Carter.

From what I saw this past weekend, Mario Williams sure could use the help and guidance because he got owned by Austin Howard.

7. eventhorizon04 says: Sep 11, 2012 9:47 PM

“Does it matter much since his contract would not be guaranteed for the entire season so the team can cut him at any point with paying his full salary. Why not give him a minimum salary with performance incentives?”

Last year, he played on a one-year deal with the Patriots and played well.
    This year, he almost certainly is looking for a multi-year deal.
    It become harder for him to earn one as he gets older and older. A one year deal for this year means he’s a free agent at age 34 – not good prospects at that age – so he’s probably insisting on longer-term stuff.

8. azskinsfan says: Sep 11, 2012 11:39 PM

I don’t understand this. Andre Carter is a high character individual, a very good player in the right system. (example: Redskins and Patriots. Check his record), good for the locker room and he’s always in good shape. Hope to see him play this year.

9. finfan4lyfe says: Sep 12, 2012 12:09 AM

I see my team sleeping on this guy, I believe in philbin, but this Ireland bozo, he sure loves to sleep on good players, I mean, plax, this carter guy, they have helped there teams, have put on tape results, but his lethargic stubborn, egotistical ways won’t allow our team to get these players, he loves himself though, thinks his picks are great players, I am still wondering how many games we have to be humiliated in for this guy to realize our secondary, is subpar at best, slow, our WRs slow, short, and can’t separate, they all make it look hard. They actually speak as if it’s hard. Omg, Plax is a TD maker… This guy Carter, 10 sacks, why sleep, as if misi or odrick are doing anything special…. my team is embarrassing repeatedly due to this Ireland lug nut. I watched the film, see the scores. Were not good, because we have no clue, who is good, not sure what film Ireland watches, but boy is he practice squad material, I bet certain high school players put together by Matt millen could beat his best picks. Repeatedly. How do allow this over and over in the nfl…I don’t hate him, I just believe he’s bumped his head more than he knows, concussions maybe…I don’t get it. 10 sacks would get my attention. So would 6 foot 5 guy, who catches tds, made a mistake and has turned it around. Plax isn’t bad guy. Wake up idiot. Ire…..

10. theroc5156 says: Sep 12, 2012 12:16 AM

I wish the Bengals would get rid of Robert Geather and sign Carter. That would be a big upgrade.

11. 4evrnyt says: Sep 12, 2012 2:35 AM

St. Louis is in the West?

12. cylondetector says: Sep 12, 2012 5:24 AM

Carter was an excellent player for the Patriots last year – great rushing skills and tough against the run at the LDE position.

Great character guy also.

Problem is, the injury he sustained sounded very serious – a couple of weeks before the season started Patriots beat reporters noted (and he also admitted himself) that he had to teach himself to walk normally again after the injury.

Best wishes to him – hope he gets signed.

13. bospat says: Sep 12, 2012 6:13 AM

Pats should have kept him…