Week One power rankings are up

New England Patriots Vs. Tennessee Titans At LP Field Getty Images

The first week of the season is in the books, which means that it’s time to start cranking out power rankings.  (Or, if we were too cool or hip to call them “power rankings,” the PFT Pro32.)

This year, we’re doing it differently.  All five PFT writers will submit a top-to-bottom list each week, MDS will tabulate the votes, and we’ll unveil them every Tuesday morning.

So don’t blame me if you don’t like them.  Or, at a minimum, don’t blame only me.  My list was much better than the final version.  (Yes, I’ve been reading T.O.’s book on teamwork.)

Either way, here it is.  (Not T.O.’s book on teamwork, the list of power rankings.)

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Week One power rankings are up”
  1. magicbucs says: Sep 11, 2012 10:30 AM

What a joke! Raiders should be around 26-27. Bucs expose the panthers and have them ranked 4 spots above the bucs? Its power rankings by week not by if youre not fully convinced about the rest of the season…You pft guys all need new careers.

2. pepsilvia says: Sep 11, 2012 10:55 AM

glad my skins moved up! now to take over!

3. fastfreddy22 says: Sep 11, 2012 11:01 AM

There is nothing worse in the NFL then being a Bills fan

4. broncobrewer says: Sep 11, 2012 12:10 PM

These ratings seem like the college rankings. The popular pick is number one, then teams with loses are ahead of undefeated teams, and teams that beat a team are behind them in the ranking. Much like the bcs, AP polls this one needs some work. But I do like that the broncos are so high

5. broncobrewer says: Sep 11, 2012 12:10 PM

6. cgg757 says: Sep 11, 2012 2:20 PM

In 50 years + or – a few, the Tony Romo obit will read, “former Dallas Cowboy quarterback, dropped a field goal snap in Seattle, survived by…..

7. noahbird says: Sep 11, 2012 3:08 PM

49ers
    Patriots
    Ravens
    Texans
    Broncos
    Cowboys
    Skins
    Packers
    Falcons
    Eagles

8. wagon151515 says: Sep 11, 2012 3:10 PM

Let’s break this down. After the Cowboys go into New York and beat the Giants you all still put the Giants ahead of the Cowboys. Eagles look like absolute garbage against the Browns and they are still ahead of the Cowboys. Skins jump like 54 spots after beating a severely wounded Saints team that couldn’t defend themselves out of a wet paper bag. A little insider info about a couple of the writers on this site, they are Redskins fans. Will never come out with their allegiance, but just a little insider info for the folks.

9. trollhammer20 says: Sep 11, 2012 4:05 PM

Oh man, if my team can’t get up to #2, they’ll never get voted into the Championship Game!

Oh, wait, these polls don’t actually mean anything. My bad.

10. sportsfan83 says: Sep 11, 2012 7:09 PM

So let me get this right,you have Philly at 8(moving up 1 spot) saying a wins a win yet have Chicago at 14(moving down 3 spots) saying you’re not impressed with a 20 point win over a team that was 2-14 last year. Weren’t the Browns 4-12/5-11 last year and Philly won by 2,that’s more impressive to you idiots?

11. dwayston says: Sep 13, 2012 1:37 AM

Didn’t the Ravens beat the 49ers last year on Thanksgiving? I know it was last year but it’s basically the same team.

12. pb420 says: Sep 13, 2012 2:33 AM

Pft is more and more lame. Too many snarky comments from guys that are halfwits when it comes to the game of football. The AP Pro32 trumps your joke of a ranking hands down. This is why nobody will ever take this website seriously. You are like the TMZ of football coverage. I’m sure this will get removed but I gotta try right?!