Hargrove prepares for meeting with NFL, doubts it will do any good

Anthony Hargrove AP

As former Saints defensive end Anthony Hargrove prepares for a meeting with the NFL next week about his eight-game suspension in the league’s bounty investigation, he says he is prepared to accept nothing less than the NFL admitting it was wrong, and that he did nothing wrong.

And Hargrove said he doubts that’s going to happen.

Asked in an interview with ESPN whether he would be willing to accept a reduced suspension, Hargrove said he sees no reason that he should accept any punishment at all because he still maintains that he did nothing wrong at all.

“If I was guilty of a crime, which I’m not, then I would be open to it. But the fact that I’m not guilty, I don’t want it reduced. I’d like my suspension taken away completely,” Hargrove said.

Asked what the chances are of having his suspension lifted Hargrove answered, “I probably have a better chance of hitting a hole in one.”

Lifting the suspension might turn out to be nothing more than symbolic for Hargrove: He was released by the Packers in August and is not currently with any NFL team, and his career may be over regardless of whether he’s suspended or not. But Hargrove says he still wants to clear his name.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Hargrove prepares for meeting with NFL, doubts it will do any good”
  1. sfsaintsfan says: Sep 14, 2012 8:05 PM

I think Hargrove still has something left in the tank and his career is not over.

What Goodell has done to this man is an absolute travesty of justice.

Keep your head up Anthony, the truth will eventually prevail and justice will be done.

2. mjkelly77 says: Sep 14, 2012 8:12 PM

_______________

Yeah, yeah. And every imprisoned inmate is innocent. Just ask them.

3. packhawk04 says: Sep 14, 2012 8:29 PM

Mike vick was innocent. Sam hurd thought he was innocent even after police found a ton of coke in his car. These guys truly believe they did nothing wrong, and its sad.

4. mrlaloosh says: Sep 14, 2012 8:33 PM

Wow, this loser mjkelly77 has to make stupid comments on ever Saints thread. Get a life loser.

5. SeenThisB4 says: Sep 15, 2012 10:57 AM

packhawk04 says:
    Sep 14, 2012 8:29 PM

__________________________________

Yup, you hit the nail on the head, those guys had real evidence presented that WE ALL GOT TO SEE, including the defendents. I’m still waiting to see any evidence, any, against the players.

6. jcg23 says: Sep 16, 2012 2:42 AM

They were in a court of law. This is akin to asking Dell, why they put someone on leave. They don’t have to show us anything. Geez.