Eagles expect Maclin and Jackson to play on Sunday

Eagles Maclin and Jackson celebrate Maclin's touchdown against the Cowboys in Arlington, Texas Reuters

The Eagles had some cause for concern at wide receiver this week as both DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin missed practice time with injuries.

Whatever scare they received appears to have passed. Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the team will have both of the wide receivers in the lineup against the Ravens on Sunday unless they experience a last-minute setback. Maclin has been bothered by a hip problem while Jackson’s been slowed by a hamstring he tweaked in practice this week.

Both wideouts took part in Saturday’s walkthrough after practicing in a limited fashion on Friday. Those are good signs regarding their availability, as is the fact that the Eagles passed on promoting a wide receiver from the practice squad on Saturday. With Riley Cooper still out with a broken collarbone, the Eagles would be down to Jason Avant, Damaris Johnson and the newly signed Mardy Gilyard in the event that both of their starting receivers were unable to play.

Jackson and Maclin combined for 11 catches and 173 yards in the 17-16 win over the Browns last week. With the Eagles stepping up in class against Baltimore on Sunday, they’ll need strong performances from both players to improve to 2-0.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
9 Responses to “Eagles expect Maclin and Jackson to play on Sunday”
  1. voiceofreasonsays says: Sep 16, 2012 8:28 AM

The second best pro football team in Maryland is going to beat the Eagles around with ease today. I predict we’ll see Nick Foles in this game.

2. bigdawgfootballgiant says: Sep 16, 2012 9:03 AM

Who is Macklin? Anyway good for my fantasy team

3. phillyphannn83 says: Sep 16, 2012 9:29 AM

Get a life and stop trolling every single Eagles story, voiceofstupidity

4. mancave001 says: Sep 16, 2012 9:32 AM

I don’t know, phillyphann83, I was at the game last week, and it wasn’t good. Let’s hope for the best bro. But my non-celebratory Tequila is going to be ready since I don’t have to go to work tomorrow. :(

5. bathroombenlovemachine says: Sep 16, 2012 9:35 AM

Hopefully the classless murderer Ray Lewis and the classless wife beater Ed Reed suffer career ending injuries against the Eagles today.

Eagles will win Super Bowl 47

6. 91devinhester23 says: Sep 16, 2012 9:50 AM

just some good ol fashioned andy reid playing dead. nothing to see here.

7. ravenator says: Sep 16, 2012 10:39 AM

8. geniusfan says: Sep 16, 2012 11:35 AM

Go away Redskins troll. This is obviously good news for the Eagles, I just hope Andy calls more running plays there are holes in this Suggs and Jarret Johnson less defense.

“I wonder if these same eagle fans will be present after the game when the Ravens trounce them on their own turf.”

I doubt you’d show up if the Ravens got beat. Your own fans hate you ravenator they think you’re a black eye to their fan base. I’m surprised you still show up at all.

9. ravenator says: Sep 16, 2012 11:40 AM

Eagle fans are classless, can’t wait to pound these fools. Theyll turn on their team by end of the 3rd quarter, just watch.