James Jones has no problem with Rodgers on his case

Chicago Bears v Green Bay Packers Getty Images

In Chicago, they’re still talking about Jay Cutler’s dust-up with his offensive line.

In Green Bay, it’s less tense, because James Jones has no problem with Aaron Rodgers airing him out.

Rodgers barked at Jones for a mistaken route that led to an interception, but Jones had no problem with it.

“Me and A-Rod are way closer than that, man, to let something like that come in between us,” Jones said, via Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com.

“We’re out there trying to win the ball game. It was my fault. I gave him mixed signals. I mean, we’re all emotional out there, man. It’s common, man. We do a lot of head gestures and stuff like that, the camera may not just be on us. Me and him, we’re both competitive, we’re trying to win. It was my fault. We don’t ever want to turn the ball over. I’m not mad at him. Shoot, we’re trying to win, man. Get on me. I messed up.”

Jones said Rodgers’ scolding was no different than from a parent to a misbehaving child.

“I’m sure a lot of people here got kids, right? Your kids do something wrong, you yell at them every once and a while,” Jones said. “You tell them, ‘You can’t do that. Don’t go back by that outlet. You do it again, Daddy [is] gonna pop you.’ That’s all it is.

“We’re a family out there. Sometimes we argue, sometimes that stuff is going to happen. Like I said, it was my fault, …”

Jones said Rodgers apologized to him, but he didn’t think it was necessary.

“Yeah, we talked. He apologized, said he’s sorry for showing his emotions. But I was like, ‘Ain’t no need to apologize. We’re trying to win. I messed up. Frustration happens,’” Jones said. “It’s all good. No love lost. We’re teammates. We’re family in here. Like I said, everybody is trying to win.”

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
11 Responses to “James Jones has no problem with Rodgers on his case”
  1. larryboodry says: Sep 18, 2012 5:30 PM

“As we said Saturday, the difference in the way Rodgers handles these things (and his success) is the reason he’s viewed so differently than Cutler.”

That, and continued media bias against Jay Cutler, as shown by the fact that you couldn’t resist reminding us of what you already said Saturday.

2. mvp43 says: Sep 18, 2012 5:42 PM

Another difference between Rodgers and Cutler is that Rodgers will point to himself when he makes a mistake. He calls himself out all the time. With Cutler, its always someone else.

3. bearflagfan says: Sep 18, 2012 5:46 PM

There are two key differences – first, Rodgers knows Jones’ routes and is watching him and can see if he’s doing something wrong. Cutler isn’t watching the line – if he is, trade him. Cutler doesn’t know the blocking scheme, if a gap is overloaded or if a teammate failed to pick up a delayed blitz.

Second, Rodgers is normally nice, is respected by his teammates and has won a SB. Cutler is a tool who’s isn’t respected by most of his teammates, has won 1 playoff game. Cutler hasn’t EARNED the right to publicly criticize his teammates. Rodgers has, but generally doesn’t.

4. tozzi7 says: Sep 18, 2012 5:50 PM

It seemed a bit un-Rodgers like to show as much frustration as he did but if James says all is good, I will take his word for it. One of the radio stations I work for does a Packers show every week and James is one of the hosts and he is pretty straightforward on his answers. A bit of a blow-up, both guys apologized, and now it’s time to move on and focus on the product on the field.

5. dkuether017 says: Sep 18, 2012 5:57 PM

Jones’ understands that he ran the route wrong…anyone with even a miniscule amount of football knowledge could’ve seen it. Still, great INT by the defends, Jones just flat ran it wrong.

6. jpb12 says: Sep 18, 2012 6:02 PM

Rodgers is better.
    Not sure Cutler is best QB on Bears roster.

7. purpleguy says: Sep 18, 2012 6:13 PM

Reason #236 why fellow players and fans everywhere like Rodgers more than Cutler.

8. teal379 says: Sep 18, 2012 7:00 PM

Rodgers got on Jones for a mental error. Something he can control. James understands this and took it as such.

Cutler got on his guy for something he can’t control. Webb was overpowered and undertalented against Clay. Clay does that to a lot of linemen. It’s not his fault. He didn’t miss an assignment, he didn’t hide, he blocked the guy as best he could. No reason for Cutler to say a thing about it.

Cutler SHOULD have gone to Tice while the Packers were on offense and asked for some help with a TE or RB chip.

9. wheresmyjuice says: Sep 19, 2012 2:37 AM

My favorite thing about being from Wisconsin, is that I grew up with the Packers.

This being accountable attitude is in the fabric of the culture over there. It’s important.

I talked to GB family recently and their favorite story about the Packers wasn’t a TD, or a Super Bowl win. It’s that they saw their star quarterback pick a piece of garbage off the ground outside a restaurant, walk in with said garbage, and throw it in the trash.

Of course it’s not everyone, but as far as an average town goes it’s out there, genuine, and infectious.

10. bearsstillsuck says: Sep 19, 2012 3:07 AM

And the fact that he’s a way better quarterback than cutler.

11. deltaoracle says: Sep 19, 2012 3:46 PM

Jones never seems to get too worked up about anything. That’s generally a healthy attitude to have, but it may also be what’s keeping him from being a great WR.