Torrey Smith pushes through grief, catches TD pass

New England Patriots v Baltimore Ravens Getty Images

This game is far from over, but we just had the moment everyone was looking for.

Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith, mourning the loss of his brother Tevin less than 24 hours ago, just scored a touchdown.

Smith hauled in a 25-yard pass from Joe Flacco to make it 13-7, and then had to wait for the replacement refs to decide if there was a penalty or not (there wasn’t).

The simple fact he’s able to show up for work is impressive, the fact he can concentrate on his job even more so.

I think I speak for everyone other than Bill Belichick in saying I wouldn’t mind seeing him catch another.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Torrey Smith pushes through grief, catches TD pass”
  1. grogansheroes says: Sep 23, 2012 9:40 PM

That was a drive that the refs should get 7 points for.

2. pats54 says: Sep 23, 2012 9:45 PM

The refs are blowing this game. Some of the worst officiating I have ever seen.

3. lp0320 says: Sep 23, 2012 9:57 PM

Neither here nor there – My Sympathies to Torrey Smith and his family. From: A Steeler Fan.

4. drewdatwit84 says: Sep 23, 2012 9:58 PM

Praise God he got that one… Such inner strength at such a time of sorrow.

5. thejabronisayz says: Sep 23, 2012 10:02 PM

These fantasy football/horrible officiating posts need to stop. I mean, I get it. I get that it’s the trendy, hip, cool thing to do – bash the officials and talk about how great your fantasy team is. But this thread especially is neither the time nor the place.

Great moment for Torrey Smith, I hope he gets another.

6. maiphatdong says: Sep 23, 2012 10:05 PM

I couldn’t imagine

7. jtchernak says: Sep 23, 2012 10:07 PM

Good for him but that drive was fueled by the refs

8. crawdaddy1212 says: Sep 23, 2012 10:41 PM

he clearly pushed off… but I understand why they picked up the flag

9. carlsbadboltfan says: Sep 23, 2012 11:02 PM

Glad to see him playing well. Must be hell trying to play with such grief.

10. arrogantnation says: Sep 23, 2012 11:17 PM

Very courageous.

11. ahostiletakeover says: Sep 23, 2012 11:29 PM

Wah wah wah the refs are calling bad penalties on the Pats. Welcome to the Ravens’ second half against Philly where there at least 20 illegal contact penalties that could have been called on the Eagles and they were called for NONE. And its not like the Ravens haven’t been penalized, they’ve got 11 at the moment I ttpe this.

12. blakeinfla says: Sep 23, 2012 11:56 PM