16 Cardinals show up on injury report

Philadelphia Eagles v Arizona Cardinals Getty Images

As the surprisingly undefeated Cardinals try to extend their record to 4-0 against the Dolphins, coach Ken Whisenhunt and company has to worry about a whopping 16 players who are, in some way or another, injured.

Five players didn’t practice, including defensive tackle Darnell Dockett (hamstring), tight end Jim Dray (knee), tight end Todd Heap (knee), fullback Anthony Sherman (hamstring), and running back LaRod Stephens-Howling (hip).

Practicing on a limited basis were safety Rashad Johnson (hamstring), linebacker O’Brien Schofield (knee), quarterback John Skelton (ankle), guard Adam Snyder (elbow), safety Adrian Wilson (ankle/groin), punter Dave Zastudil (right calf).

Fully participating were guard Daryn Colledge (shoulder), cornerback Jamell Fleming (shoulder), tight end Jeff King (knee), safety Kerry Rhodes (foot), and running back Ryan Williams (knee).

That number doesn’t include running back Beanie Wells, who is now on injured reserve (with possible return), due to a toe injury.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “16 Cardinals show up on injury report”
  1. stealersfannot says: Sep 26, 2012 7:16 PM

Thats just perfect. I picked their defense up on waivers last night.

FML

2. jetsareajoke says: Sep 26, 2012 7:16 PM

Unless Fitzgerald is listed as out, none of this matters.

3. jetsareajoke says: Sep 26, 2012 7:17 PM

Please don’t take the above comment to suggest I wanted to put some hot suace on Fitz.

4. sixjak says: Sep 26, 2012 7:28 PM

Not that I wish injury on any player but im not gonna lie, as a 9erfan I’m not going to lose any sleep if they drop a few games because they are nicked up or get replacement ref’d over.

5. theuglitruth says: Sep 26, 2012 7:37 PM

Dockett is the only one anyone should be worried about. They have depth at RB and TE positions.

6. beardinals says: Sep 26, 2012 7:46 PM

A bunch of these aren’t serious. Most people will be surprised at the depth on this team. I think we will start hearing lots of new names in the near future.

7. bangitfootball says: Sep 26, 2012 7:49 PM

Beanie Wells injured. Dont think I ve ever heard that before (sarcasm dripping)

8. asw1028 says: Sep 26, 2012 8:20 PM

Everyone in my league laughed and called me an idiot when I drafted Ryan Williams. Vindication–how sweet it is!

9. frozeninfear says: Sep 26, 2012 8:36 PM

Is Kolb still talking about skipping the game if his wife goes into labor?

10. westclaims says: Sep 26, 2012 8:41 PM

theuglitruth is correct on TE and RB. There is depth there. In addition to that, Zastudil calf injury bothers me. It’s his right calf, but that’s his planting leg. AW coming back possibly, and K. Rhodes on the list is of some concern. Rhodes did a great AW role last week.

But the Zastudil thing bothers me. Special teams play can be game changing.

11. Kreedos says: Sep 26, 2012 8:54 PM

I think the Cards will be fine. These injuries are coming at a good time as the next three or so games are winnable. The only real worry would be Dockett.

Kolbs wifes due date is next Thursday, which is the night game vs the Rams…he well miss that game if the wife goes into labor that day…

12. smitty152169 says: Sep 26, 2012 9:32 PM

Beanie is such a BUST! I can’t believe the Cardinals have stuck by him this long.

13. gsb333 says: Sep 26, 2012 10:57 PM

No big deal here. The Fins are very good at finding ways to lose games… evidenced this past Sunday versus the Jets. I think the Cards could walk out high school All-Stars from the surrounding area and squeak this one out.

14. numba1recx19 says: Sep 27, 2012 12:02 AM

Is this guy serious with the beanie wells toe? Seems very sarcastic…