The Week Three coaching hot seat

Buffalo Bills v Cleveland Browns Getty Images

Every week during the season, we pick five coaches who are on the hot seat.

We don’t do it randomly, even though it may at times seem that way.

This week, a few new names may it onto the list, which includes three guys from teams with winning records.

There’s only one way to find out who’s on it.  (Have I said that before?)

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Videos
14 Responses to “The Week Three coaching hot seat”
  1. wwwfugu says: Sep 26, 2012 6:43 PM

Got to go.
    I’ll push the play arrow when I get back next week.

Later.

2. realfann says: Sep 26, 2012 6:52 PM

Always so much fun to speculate about somebody getting fired and all the nice things that will happen to his family.

Let’s combine it with a new feature: which coaches child will commit suicide next.

3. sdisme says: Sep 26, 2012 7:06 PM

Aaron Kromer has got to be on that list. I can’t see him lasting much more than 3-4 weeks.

4. pflynn20 says: Sep 26, 2012 7:34 PM

RUN THE BALL ANDY!!!

5. the1849ers says: Sep 26, 2012 7:35 PM

The whole “coaching hot seat” thing is lame. Especially only 3 weeks in.

6. gromit45 says: Sep 26, 2012 8:31 PM

Where’s my Norval?

7. delhommed says: Sep 26, 2012 8:33 PM

If Carolina continues to STINK, the franchise needs to move away so I can stop pulling for my home team. It is agonizing pulling for a team that just cannot be consistently good. I thought this year would be different, but Thursday against the Giants showed me that the coaches aren’t getting it done and neither are the players. I hate it!

8. catfish2012 says: Sep 26, 2012 8:53 PM

Maybe delhommed should move away and find a team that always wins to pull for…

9. Kreedos says: Sep 26, 2012 8:57 PM

A little early to put Ron Rivera on the hot seat? If Nor Turner gets canned, he can go be the OC for the Panthers which should make for a significant improvement for that team…

10. delhommed says: Sep 26, 2012 9:13 PM

When was the last time the Panthers won a Playoff game? 2005 over the Bears? Been going to their games since they played home games in Clemson and just want to win! Let’s go Ron!

11. mymanmccoy says: Sep 26, 2012 10:01 PM

I think our current president is on the hotseat!

12. tigerman3 says: Sep 26, 2012 10:06 PM

What is with the Panther fans who think they are entitled to win? They have had a Franchise for only 17 years. Give it atleast another 10 years before complaining about loosing consistantly. In your 17 years you have been to the Super bowl once, the NFC championship game Twice, Have won 3 division Titles and last won a playoff game in 2005.
    As A Lions fan I would take that any day. we have been in the league since 1934 , 78 years and in that time we have had only 15 playoff apperances, one trip to the NFC Championship game and no superbowl appearances . Plus our last playoff win was 1991 and you didn’t have to endure Matt Millen running your team.
    so suck it up and root for your team , you have’nt even begun to suffer from loosing consistanly

13. mazblast says: Sep 27, 2012 12:58 AM

tigerman3,

Hang in there. Keep on hoping. Your team was a great team once, even though that once was in the 1950s (3 titles).

Those of us who were Steelers fans before the 1970s know what you’re going through now–no hope now and no change on the horizon. Things do change. And I cannot believe I used the words “hope and change”, barf.

As for your playoff winless streak, it could be worse. The Bengals (a team with a not-so-glorious history) have gone longer without a post-season win.

14. celly84 says: Sep 27, 2012 5:00 PM

tigerman3 says: Sep 26, 2012 10:06 PM

____________________________________________________

This Bucs fan agrees with what you say.