Another Bucs blackout coming

Art Modell AP

It won’t be official until 4:25 p.m. ET.  But it’s a foregone conclusion that, for the second regular-season home game of Greg Schiano’s coaching career, the Buccaneers will be blacked out in and around Tampa.

As explained by the folks at JoeBucsFan.com, Ticketmaster.com reveals “reams” of $30 tickets to the game, many more than the first game of the season, which was blacked out with only 46,758 butts in the seats.

Last time, the fans had a chance to see Cam Newton.  This time, it’s the arrival of RG3.  Either way, the fans don’t care enough to buy enough tickets that have gotten progressively cheaper.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Washington Redskins
28 Responses to “Another Bucs blackout coming”
  1. fitzmagic1212 says: Sep 27, 2012 2:48 PM

again why does florida have 3 NFL teams. it just doesnt make sense

2. blacknole08 says: Sep 27, 2012 2:50 PM

I’d pay 30 bucks to see RG3 vs that Bucs defense. He will be tested and the Redskins are averaging over 30 points per game.

This will be one of the more exciting games this weekend.

3. kane337 says: Sep 27, 2012 2:55 PM

I’ll be buying a couple of tickets when the Falcons come to town.

4. demtexasboys says: Sep 27, 2012 2:57 PM

Welcome to Tampa, Rays cant sell out to save their lives, and they’re actually good. Terrible sports town

5. gobigjake077 says: Sep 27, 2012 3:05 PM

if the fans don’t start buying tickets, they wont have a team at all anymore. I live in western NY and the Bills fan base around here is ridiculously die-hard. the only reason games every get blacked out at the ralph is because the team is 2-12 and its december so people want to spend the $100+ dollars to see them loose. i can guarantee that if bills tickets were a mere 30 bucks, the bills would sell out every home game until Ralph Wilson dies.

and btw, i hate buffalo, i mean HATE buffalo. but those people deserve their team more than a couple cities in this league.

6. sasattack says: Sep 27, 2012 3:13 PM

Mark my words, the decent of the NFL’s popularity is upon us. Just give it a few more years before the drop off is extremely noticeable. Anytime something is as overexposed as the NFL has become, society inevitably loses interest.

7. mikealstott says: Sep 27, 2012 3:16 PM

At least the Bucs are consistent….

8. newlydead says: Sep 27, 2012 3:21 PM

1. Tampa has always had troubling selling tickets no matter baseball or football. (not sure about hockey, really don’t care)

2. i believe that it’s next to impossible for The Buccaneers to leave Tampa, something in the stadium agreement blocks it for some crazy amount of years

3. maybe RG3 is not as big of a draw as the media like to make him seem

9. jwayne03 says: Sep 27, 2012 3:30 PM

Thank you for letting us know that you will be buying Falcons tickets when they come to town!!!! I don’t think they asked… but thanks for your input.

10. irishnativeson says: Sep 27, 2012 3:31 PM

I used to live in the Tampa area when they won the Superbowl. One, everyone loves a winner but I’m still a Buc’s fan anyway. Two, Florida has so many “transplants” It’s mildly surprising that they have that many people at their games. I’m from the N.W. and the four years I lived down there I only met two people that were from Florida. Lot’s of people from the upper Midwest and and N.E.

11. houseofbacon says: Sep 27, 2012 3:38 PM

I make enough for 1-2 games a year. It’ll either be division rivals or the Chargers. Sorry Bucs, I flat out can’t afford it.

12. bucsfan5000 says: Sep 27, 2012 3:41 PM

If they traded Freeman to the Jets for Tebow, they’d sell out every game immediately.

13. cbs1971 says: Sep 27, 2012 3:43 PM

Tampa Bay and Jacksonville needs to cease to exist…

Just saying…..

14. jaxhotspur11 says: Sep 27, 2012 3:50 PM

Meanwhile, the Jaguars haven’t had a blackout since 2009 and won’t have any this season.

15. ppc50 says: Sep 27, 2012 4:05 PM

Very unfortunate. Though I am an SF native (Niners are cool) and have been a diehard Dallas fan since ’76, I have always liked the Bucs – since, again, ’76. I loved their old creamsicle uniforms, John McKay was very funny/good coach, the Selmon brothers, and one of my favorite QBs of all time – Doug Williams. I still own white and orange authentic jerseys, a couple of orange hats, etc. and feel that the City of Tampa Bay is really missing out. Though I agree with irishnativeson, that there are a lot of “transplants”, the fans are driving that team away. I think instead of the Jaguars or Rams, the Bucs may be the team that ends up in LA.

16. leopold332002 says: Sep 27, 2012 4:27 PM

cbs1971 says:
    Sep 27, 2012 3:43 PM
    Tampa Bay and Jacksonville needs to cease to exist…

Just saying…..

—————————————–

Your team needs to crease to exist momma’s boy. Our team didn’t have a blackout in 3 years so get my team out your mouth.

Go Jags

17. rajbais says: Sep 27, 2012 4:36 PM

Tampa/St. Petersburg area fans are the worst in the country!

18. rajbais says: Sep 27, 2012 4:38 PM

Not to get personal, but did Greg Schiano get in on the Tampa area residents’ kneel down too???

The talk of Tampa being a great place for fan support should not happen until further notice!!!

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans stink more than the actual team does!!!

19. suckleague says: Sep 27, 2012 4:44 PM

Yeah I’ll be sure to sit in 400 degree heat with 7000 percent humidity to watch them do their stupid college kneel down slap as time expires with them down by 20. That offense cannot do anything. I was a season ticket holder for 5 years, and they haven’t had a salable product since Alstott retired.

20. rynjny says: Sep 27, 2012 5:00 PM

Tampa Breeze of the LFL relocating to Jacksonville because of ticket sales…Tampa can’t support their sports team period.

21. kane337 says: Sep 27, 2012 5:06 PM

You’re welcome. Falcons fans will help fill up your empty seats when they come to town.

22. NoHomeTeam says: Sep 27, 2012 5:29 PM

cbs1971 says: “Tampa Bay and Jacksonville needs to cease to exist… Just saying…..”

As in “they shouldn’t have teams” cease to exist, or as in “Nuke the site from orbit” cease to exist? :-)

23. broncos4ever says: Sep 27, 2012 10:33 PM

Sad to say this but the NF L needs to look at moving the Bucs to l.a. With a Metro Area the Population of Tampa and they can’t even sell 50,000 tickets ? At 30.00 per ticket unheard of in other N F L cities

24. alonestartexan says: Sep 28, 2012 12:27 AM

sasattack says:
    Sep 27, 2012 3:13 PM

——–

The NFL is only losing popularity in Florida.

The NFL sells out everywhere else, including other economically devastated places in the South and California too..

25. alonestartexan says: Sep 28, 2012 12:35 AM

leopold332002 says:
    Sep 27, 2012 4:27 PM

Go Jags
    ———

Yeah, that happens when you tarp 15,000 seats and the owner buys the remaining tickets before the deadline..

26. footballer4ever says: Sep 29, 2012 10:54 AM

“Tampa Bay and Jacksonville needs to cease to exist…

Just saying….”

Let me make it one better,

Tampa Bay, Miami and Jacksonville NFL franchises need to cease exists.

More than saying it….demanding it..

27. redskinsredskinsredskins says: Sep 30, 2012 2:40 AM

Ppc50 – you are such a cnt, you’re whole statement got me bitter

28. buccaneeryaner says: Sep 30, 2012 11:57 PM

bucs are going nowhere……. fans here despise the glazers and rightfully so since they are up to their nose in debt with manu