Ruben Brown arrested for drunk driving

Texans v Bills Getty Images

Ruben Brown, a nine-time Pro Bowler who spent 13 NFL seasons with the Bills and the Bears, was arrested Friday night in Hamburg, New York for DWI, following too closely, and imprudent speed, according to WKBW.com.

Brown rear-ended another vehicle, causing minor injuries to the other driver.

Said Brown after the incident on Twitter:  “I have to apologize to everyone. I will have to work hard to regain the respect you gave me. Thankful everyone is alive.”

The 14th pick in the 1995 draft, Brown spent nine years with the Bills and four with the Bears.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Home, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Ruben Brown arrested for drunk driving”
  1. chasewalshsl says: Sep 29, 2012 10:59 PM

who cares? are you gonna reset the blotter with this one?

2. mikealstott says: Sep 29, 2012 11:35 PM

Ruben is lucky the people he hit only had minor injuries. However even a whip lash lawsuit will take his last $100K…

3. illadelphiasphinest says: Sep 30, 2012 1:18 AM

News flash!!!! If you are a current or past NFL player. DONT DRINK N DRIVE!!! Stop being idiots and driving around drunk. Havent you learned anything yet…? Is it ignorance or stupidity?

4. covercorner says: Sep 30, 2012 2:30 AM

What are the Bears going to do without Rueben Brown’s blocking this season?

5. fracdj says: Sep 30, 2012 6:05 AM

He is good guy actually. I’ve been around him a number of times and he doesn’t have that “I am better than you because I play football attitude”.
    Besides, you know he is a good guy if he stayed in WNY. It is an armpit!

6. nokoolaidcowboy says: Sep 30, 2012 6:24 AM

It’s only bruck bribing if you get caught! *hiccup

7. joetoronto says: Sep 30, 2012 6:57 AM

Just another moron.

8. EJ says: Sep 30, 2012 7:53 AM

Damn Ruben, you figure he would know better than to drink and drive here in Western, NY. I know people make mistakes, but man Ruben, you picked a bad day to do it. We have an important home game today!

9. wickedfootball says: Sep 30, 2012 8:34 AM

No excuse here, but you’d be hard pressed to find a better citizen and human being. I have no doubt he WILL earn that respect back.

10. kansacity88 says: Sep 30, 2012 12:06 PM

The sad thing is, the Bears could probably sign him….TODAY….and he’d STILL be better than a majority of their starting OL!!!!