Greg Jennings “extremely frustrated” by groin injury

Greg+Jennings+New+Orleans+Saints+v+Green+Bay+lGpfLmJR1bql Getty Images

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said earlier this week that wide receiver Greg Jennings aggravated his groin injury in last Sunday’s win over the Saints and suggested that Jennings might be shut down for a week so that he could fully heal before returning to the field.

Jennings spoke to the media on Wednesday and said he was “extremely frustrated” about an injury he’s trying to keep from overwhelming him. He offered no concrete idea about when he might be back in the lineup, saying that he hoped to get back on the field this Sunday while sounding resigned to the fact that it might wind up taking more time than that. Jennings was also asked about the bad timing of the injury in regard to his impending free agency at the end of the 2012 season.

“Honestly, I’m not even focused on that,” Jennings said, via Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “I really need to get back on the football field and be 100 percent. The contract, that’s going to take care of itself. It’s going to be what it’s going to be. I can’t predict the future. I couldn’t predict this. It is what it is. If I can get back out there and be 100 percent, my performance will speak for itself. I’m not concerned about that, not at all. I’m not concerned about the contract. You guys maybe, possibly, are thinking about it more than I am, honestly.”

Even if he misses the next two games, Jennings will have plenty of time to show his stuff to prospective suitors this season and a healthy performance is going to make a much better case for signing him than anything he can do with a bad groin.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
21 Responses to “Greg Jennings “extremely frustrated” by groin injury”
  1. barroomhero80 says: Oct 3, 2012 6:34 PM

I’d be frustrated to if every time I did that stupid leap all the dudes were grabbing my crotch too.

2. packermama says: Oct 3, 2012 6:37 PM

It must really suck to be in his last year of his contract and be injured. That’s really tough.

3. phillysports25 says: Oct 3, 2012 6:38 PM

The Packers have been “frustrated” about a lot of things recently.

4. mrrodgersneighborhood says: Oct 3, 2012 6:39 PM

You, Greg Jennings, are frustrating to have on my fantasy football team.

5. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 3, 2012 6:42 PM

They have been frustrated. It’s tough when you’re used to winning. Then again, Detriot, Minny, and Philly wouldn’t know much about that. Frustration is normal in those godforsaken places…

6. jimnaizeeum says: Oct 3, 2012 7:03 PM

Not focused on the injury in regard to his impending free agency at the end of the 2012 season.

Truth-o meter says….FALSE

7. Legion Of Boom says: Oct 3, 2012 7:10 PM

Those damn replacement groins just aren’t prepared for this.

8. chasewalshsl says: Oct 3, 2012 7:17 PM

I feel for him. His FA value is going down the tank.

9. whatjusthapped says: Oct 3, 2012 7:24 PM

Ted Thompson will offer him a fair contract but if he wants Megatron-type money, Jennings will have to get it somewhere else.

10. chi01town says: Oct 3, 2012 7:30 PM

Jennings is done!! Hes washed up an thats 1 reason why Greenbay looks so bad. Philbin leaving for Miami is another reason. The defense is weak just like last season …Brees just shredded the back field an almost won the game. An NOW Rodgers has become a cry baby. Trying to use the Refs to win games for him

11. doublezero74 says: Oct 3, 2012 7:31 PM

My New England Patriots have a spot for you Mr Jennings. This groin injury might actually make you affordable too.

12. gbbvan says: Oct 3, 2012 7:32 PM

Next man up!

Go Pack Go!

13. aboveaveragejoe11 says: Oct 3, 2012 7:52 PM

Running pass routes while carrying a queen size bed with a hottie on it…that’ll hurt your groin. That’s what you get for mixing business with pleasure.

14. bfrsd says: Oct 3, 2012 8:20 PM

@chi01town, that weak defense that gave up 168 total net yards and only 10 points in the Bears blowout loss? That weak defense…

15. skolvikes says: Oct 3, 2012 8:41 PM

thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 3, 2012 6:42 PM

————————————————————-

Who would have guessed an internet troll in their 2os?

Apparently you’re not to well versed in the 1970-1990 Packers, cellar dwellers for 20 years.

16. emoney826 says: Oct 3, 2012 8:44 PM

Lol Chicago beats the lowly cowboys and chi01town has crawled out from under his bed to talk again. I believe it was those same packers who beat your bears without Jennings. Our terrible defense made your offense look like a division 3 offense. Keep talking junior. In December, the packers will come to your house and smack you around again, just like they’ve done for the majority of the past twenty years.

17. otissistrunk says: Oct 3, 2012 9:22 PM

Chitown…must be nice to have a mature QB like cutler leading your team…what a tool(cutler too)

18. imjinbrdgr says: Oct 3, 2012 10:14 PM

He better heal up because if he doesn’t get that new contract he’ll be in that 47% of people living on hand outs.

19. dino2997 says: Oct 4, 2012 12:37 AM

otissistrunk says:
    Oct 3, 2012 9:22 PM

—————————————————

As opposed to the QB that constantly whines about officiating after being thrown under the bus from his TE’s agent. Yeah good thing he’s not a tool right?

20. truthserum4u says: Oct 4, 2012 4:05 AM

I was hoping there would be a Jennings article so I could post a question to the Packer faithful. Figures I would find it so late in the night.

What say you on the probablility of Jennings staying with the Pack?

He’s approaching 30 (which doesn’t seem possible) is now suffering with injury; you have three good to very good wide-receivers still on the roster for the future (Driver is near the end so I’m not including him for the long-haul) and I believe there are some other players who are in line for pay days.

It seems like yesterday when he was an important cog, but seems almost expendable now.

21. notbadmike says: Oct 4, 2012 8:15 AM

More importantly (for my fantasy team), how much action is James Jones going to see if Jennings sits out?