Jared Allen misses practice with groin injury

Matthew Stafford, Jared Allen AP

Vikings defensive end Jared Allen has concerns about getting to Titans quarterback Matthew Hasselbeck, given his ability to get rid of the ball quickly.  Making it even harder for Allen to get to Hasselbeck on Sunday could be a groin injury that hampered his ability to practice on Wednesday.

Allen didn’t participate, along with safety Mistral Raymond (ankle), receiver Michael Jenkins (rib), and safety Andrew Sendejo (ankle).

Hasselbeck is a huge threat.  I’ve played against him back when he was in Seattle and . . . I don’t think there is a quarterback who gets rid of the ball as fast as him,’’ Allen said Wednesday, via Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.  “Maybe Peyton [Manning]?  Maybe he’s second to Peyton.”

Limited in practice was the guy the Vikings hope will be as good as Hasselbeck or Manning.  Quarterback Christian Ponder has a knee injury.  Also limited were cornerback Antoine Winfield (knee), cornerback Marcus Sherels (quadricep), guard Charlie Johnson (back), and linebacker Erin Henderson (concussion).

The Vikings will try to climb to 4-1 on Sunday against the Titans.

Permalink 35 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
35 Responses to “Jared Allen misses practice with groin injury”
  1. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 3, 2012 7:10 PM

Jared who? He’s disappeared this season.

It’s a shame that he’s on such a bad team. Sure, they’re in first now, but no one that lives outside of their parents basement in Minnesota thinks they’ll end up any higher than third in the division.

2. jimnaizeeum says: Oct 3, 2012 7:10 PM

He can just rope Hasselbeck…sure the groin injury may make it hard to hog-tie him.

3. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 3, 2012 7:13 PM

Maybe they can luck out and get 2 special teams TD’s again this week to coverup their lack of every down players.

4. brandonsc says: Oct 3, 2012 7:15 PM

Seems like Hasselbeck gets a ton of respect around the league from players/coaches.

5. whatjusthapped says: Oct 3, 2012 7:16 PM

This will provide a ready made excuse for the entire Viking fan base if they should lose on Sunday.

6. contra74 says: Oct 3, 2012 7:20 PM

thetokyosandblaster says:Oct 3, 2012 7:10 PM

Jared who? He’s disappeared this season.

———
    Wait, who is in third right now? Ah right, the mighty packers with that amazing offense and stellar defense. Everyone already sees that the sun has set on the packers.

7. Where's Bud Grant when you need him? says: Oct 3, 2012 7:28 PM

Allen isn’t playing at a high level right now. Perhaps he will be fresher toward the end of the season when the packers and bears games come around.

8. conormacleod says: Oct 3, 2012 7:30 PM

He will play. He will have a sack. No worries.

9. ravenseattheirownpoop says: Oct 3, 2012 7:32 PM

The Titans will win. Vikes has been getting lucky. That all ends this Sunday. Stamp it!!!

10. purplepillager says: Oct 3, 2012 7:36 PM

Well if it isn’t our cousin-lovin’ friend from WI. Hey thetokyosandblaster!

You had the Vikes finishing dead last in the NFC North at the begining of the season. Now it’s third? Can’t wait to see where you rank’em next month.

11. mattolikesthevikes says: Oct 3, 2012 7:39 PM

Jeez. Why even hold a practice. Sounds like nobody is participating.

12. expertop says: Oct 3, 2012 7:42 PM

“Hey, everybody look at me!”

– tokyosandblaster

13. pappavike says: Oct 3, 2012 7:54 PM

Injury report games at thier finest! If anybody in thier right mind thinks that Allen won’t play is fooling them selfs!! And as to where the Vikes finish let me just say this, The longer Vikes keep winning, the harder thell be to beat later on CONFIDENCE is everything!!

14. rgledz says: Oct 3, 2012 7:57 PM

Hey Tokyosandblaster…..only people that live in their parents basements have enough time to troll every post about the team that they hate so they can drop some weak comment that screams pathetic. I think you’ve told us alot about you today……your mother is proud…..and fixing your plate for dinner so get going champ!

15. pa1856 says: Oct 3, 2012 8:02 PM

thetokyosandblaster says:
    Oct 3, 2012 7:10 PM
    Jared who? He’s disappeared this season.

—————————–
    Man, I swear you comment negative on every post. Please don’t comment on here. Allen may not have the pace for sacks he had last year, but he is consistently getting pressure on the QB, which is very important. The defense has vastly improved from last year and the offense is not turning the ball over… If the Vikes keep it up, Leslie could be looking at Coach of the Year honors.

16. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 3, 2012 8:02 PM

contra74 says:
    Oct 3, 2012 7:20 PM
    thetokyosandblaster says:Oct 3, 2012 7:10 PM

Jared who? He’s disappeared this season.

———

——-

Thank you, Contra, for proving my point!

17. pa1856 says: Oct 3, 2012 8:06 PM

thetokyosandblaster says:
    Oct 3, 2012 8:02 PM
    contra74 says:
    Oct 3, 2012 7:20 PM
    thetokyosandblaster says:Oct 3, 2012 7:10 PM

Jared who? He’s disappeared this season.

———

——-

Thank you, Contra, for proving my point!
    ———–
    And apparently you live on this website too. ha

18. judsonjr says: Oct 3, 2012 8:08 PM

My impression of the Packer version of a Viking troll:

Oh, poor Geraldine Allen is already making excuses. Just take some midol and shut up.

19. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 3, 2012 8:16 PM

rgledz says:
    Oct 3, 2012 7:57 PM

—-

Actually, my mom died 15 years ago of ovarian cancer.

You seem like a really cool person!

Just repaying the favor for Contra, thepvyharvin, kathykathy, thankheavenfornumberseven, conormcleod, barroomhero, gtodriver, and several others who ALWAYS post on Packers entries.

You have learned a lot about me. I have a spine. I don’t let trolling go by without a little trolling in return.

20. zanadude says: Oct 3, 2012 8:20 PM

Matt’s a fragile crybaby, and is likely to leave the game Sunday on a gurney.

21. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 3, 2012 8:26 PM

mattolikesthevikes says: Oct 3, 2012 7:39 PM

“Jeez. Why even hold a practice. Sounds like nobody is participating.”

Sounds like training camp. Anyway, every year some pretender starts out hot for a few weeks and falls off a cliff. This year it’s the Vikings. At least they won’t be mathematically eliminated by Halloween this year.

22. urcrap says: Oct 3, 2012 9:03 PM

Like JA gives a crap what the rubes say? Not! Don’t care if he’s not the king of sack hill. Just keep the pressure on! Everyone! Do your job! SKOL VIKES!!!e

23. brewdogg says: Oct 3, 2012 9:31 PM

thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 3, 2012 8:16 PM

rgledz says:
    Oct 3, 2012 7:57 PM
    ———————————

Actually, my mom died 15 years ago of ovarian cancer.

You seem like a really cool person!

————————————-

Well, I am sorry to hear about your mother. My mother had the same thing, but she got hers out in time. My condolences, I don’t like thinking about not having her around to talk to.

That being said…..she died 15 years ago. that means you are not some obnoxious little kid or alcoholic college twit, you are (presumably) an adult. And yet here you are….

So there are idiots who troll Packers posts. I don’t know them, so I can’t do anything about them. All I can control is what I post. I could choose to take out my irritation at people like you by polluting every Packers thread with insipid nonsense, but I get absolutely no satisfaction from that. To be perfectly honest, I don’t even read them unless there is nothing going on on the Vikings threads. I have better things to do with my life than spend hours a day on here.

Now, I am going to go watch a little game film of my son’s last football game with him, read a story to my daughter, and then go to bed with my wife and get ready for tomorrow. What are you going to do?

24. barroomhero80 says: Oct 3, 2012 9:45 PM

@thetokyosandblaster mommy let you out of the basement. I’ll have a talk with her tonight

25. norwegianwud says: Oct 3, 2012 9:45 PM

Doesn’t really seem the majority of these comments are actually about football, just personal attacks. Jared Allen has a groin injury… may or may not play. He and Robison have had enough of an impact to rattle QB’s to let inside pressure from Linebackers, Safeties, Williams, Everson Griffen and Letroy Guion get after it. He’s an impact player. Bicker on…

26. pappavike says: Oct 3, 2012 9:56 PM

Allen doesn’t have to lead the league in sacks. This year the the whole line will have a bunch of sacks ,presures and hurries! Team effort!! Keep the pedal down Vikes!!

27. csviafw says: Oct 3, 2012 11:23 PM

His groin is hurt from mounting so many QBs.

28. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 4, 2012 12:09 AM

@barroomhero, you’re another one! Thanks for proving my point!

Also, how does that Vikings Lombardi trophy look?

29. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 4, 2012 12:14 AM

Brewdogg:

——

I’m actually a super nice guy. Lots of friends in Minnesota, and friendly wagers for each game that I’ve never welched on since we started 10 years ago.

Quite honestly, I just want a few of you normal fans to post that “Contra, ConorMcLeod, KathyKathy, GTODriver, Barroom Hero, and thankheavenfornumberseven are idiots, and you wish they weren’t vikings fans,” and I’ll gladly stop. :)

30. comebackid says: Oct 4, 2012 12:14 AM

Vikes vs falcons NFC championship. Only our kicker is worth a damn now.

31. truthserum4u says: Oct 4, 2012 3:16 AM

This thetokyosandblaster who is CONSTANTLY trolling on Vikings threads can’t possibly be the same one that rips Viking fans for commenting on Packers threads. Because that one claims the only reason they do so is because they are jealous of the Packers.

Unless of course tokyo is jealous of the Vikings…

32. truthserum4u says: Oct 4, 2012 3:52 AM

@ thetokyosandblaster

You do realize Packer fans have been trolling on Viking stories for years now. Most leave idiotic statements such as yours.

In fact there was a time not so long ago when a Packer story might have 30-50 comments posted; with only about 25-30% from Viking fans. On the other hand, a Viking story would have over 100 comments; with over 50% consisting of Packer fans hurling insults and bragging. ( I know because it was what caused me to start commenting on stories; mostly responding to comments by Packer fans.)

So most of the trolling you see from Viking fans is just retaliation for the dim-witted, classless drivel posted by Packer fans on Vikings threads.

33. brewdogg says: Oct 4, 2012 9:21 AM

thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 4, 2012 12:14 AM

——————————————

And who is to say that these people aren’t super nice, and only turned to trolling Packer posts because they became tired of the trolling of Packer fans like Carl, pack13queens0, and yourself. Where does it begin and where does it end?

34. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Oct 4, 2012 12:19 PM

Hey, leave me out of this. I only comment on Packer stories if I have something hilarious to say.

35. icecubeusedtobeangry says: Oct 4, 2012 2:50 PM

I agree that he will play Sunday, but I am not so sure he will add to his sack total.