A.J. Green takes AFC offensive player of month honors

A.J. Green,  Andy Dalton AP

A.J. Green knows how to close.

The Bengals receiver’s coming off two straight 100-yard games, and has a touchdown in three straight games, leading him to AFC offensive player of the month honors.

Green’s second in the AFC in receiving yards (behind Miami’s Brian Hartline), but leads the conference with 27 catches.

He’s the first Bengal to win the offensive award since quarterback Carson Palmer in September 2005.

With an early pace for 1,712 yards, Green could shatter the Bengals franchise single-season record of 1,440 set by Chad Johnson in 2007.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Home, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “A.J. Green takes AFC offensive player of month honors”
  1. h3min1230 says: Oct 4, 2012 10:34 AM

3rd best WR behind Megatron and Fitzgerald.

2. bishopbengals says: Oct 4, 2012 10:41 AM

I am loving this new age of wide receivers. They have way more talent than the divas and are very humble. Congrats AJ, I see many more of these in your future.

3. 1buckeye76 says: Oct 4, 2012 11:03 AM

Way to go AJ! Humble, professional, awesome, on my favorite team, on my fantasy team…. keep it going!

4. hor2012 says: Oct 4, 2012 11:45 AM

I think this may be the Falcons time. I’m a big Saints fan and have been one my entire life. And, the Falcons have caused me many of heart breaks over the years so I have a healthy hatred for them. But, it’s always has been in fun. I think this is the year the get thier SB trophy and Next year when our coach returns we will battle it out against the defending SB champions. Here’s to your 14 and 2 record this year. And, of course you know those two defeats will be against the Whodat nation

5. whodeytn says: Oct 4, 2012 11:49 AM

What a beast

6. hor2012 says: Oct 4, 2012 11:52 AM

I’m sorry the post above we meant for another site. ps, I think the Bengals are pretty good to

7. joetoronto says: Oct 4, 2012 11:54 AM

If only he had a QB that could throw it deep on the money.

8. jm91rs says: Oct 4, 2012 2:14 PM

joetoronto says: Oct 4, 2012 11:54 AM
    If only he had a QB that could throw it deep on the money.

____________________________________

You mean like the one Cincy sent to your Raiders? On the money with the deep ball, consistently 5 yards over the guy’s head on anything less than 20 yards??? I think he’s just fine with Dalton throwing the ball.

9. shaunypoo says: Oct 4, 2012 2:45 PM

I haven’t seen Dalton throw anything over 10 yards all season.

: l