Jason Hill surprised New York remembers him calling Jets “overhyped”

Jason Hill AP

Maybe new Jets wide receiver Jason Hill is just better suited to smaller markets.

The same guy who called the Jets “overhyped” and cornerback Darrelle Revis a “good player” when he was with the Jaguars is now astonished anyone in New York remembers those words.

I didn’t think anything of it. I don’t think our team down in Jacksonville thought anything of it,” Hill said, via Seth Walder of the New York Daily News. “Obviously up here you all did, but it’s in the past, we’re teammates now and we’re going to move forward accordingly.”

Hill didn’t even play in that game, and Jets coach Rex Ryan said Hill was apologetic that day.

“I haven’t talked to him yet, but I saw him before the game [last season],” Ryan said. “[I said] ‘Dude, are you serious? You’re not even playing?’ He goes, ‘Please tell those boys I didn’t mean anything.’ ”

Hill will get plenty of chances to make it up to his new teammates by making a play, because the Jets as presently constructed don’t have many other options.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Jason Hill surprised New York remembers him calling Jets “overhyped””
  1. pj1983a says: Oct 4, 2012 11:34 AM

It’s called “the Internet,” dude. It’s been around since you were 10 years old. How is it possible that a public figure in this day and age doesn’t assume his words will follow him FOREVER?

2. n0hopeleft says: Oct 4, 2012 11:41 AM

He was right. What is the problem here?

3. tundey says: Oct 4, 2012 11:49 AM

The Jets are overhyped but Revis is better than “good”.

4. steelers4385 says: Oct 4, 2012 11:53 AM

In his defense….hes not really wrong about that statement.

5. DubZ480 says: Oct 4, 2012 12:10 PM

This guys is the answer? I am not a Tebow fan, but at this point there really is no other play….

6. electionconfidential says: Oct 4, 2012 12:16 PM

The guy wasn’t playing but what he said got hyped. Maybe that’s what he means. Everything about the Jets gets hyped out of proportion. What a guy sitting on the Jacksonville bench says isn’t really that important, but since he said it about the Jets it gets press…

7. granadafan says: Oct 4, 2012 12:51 PM

Jason Hill is going to have a tough time in any relationship if he’s surprised that his lady remembers his comments. Heck, my wife still give me crap about the time I “accidentally” said she looked a little wide in that dress from 15 years ago.

8. shaggytoodle says: Oct 4, 2012 1:48 PM

An Elephant never forgets, but a Tebow will always forgive.