Matt Ryan wins NFC offensive player of the month

Matt Ryan AP

For many people, nothing Matt Ryan does in September will ever matter.

But it was still a really good September.

The Falcons quarterback was named NFC offensive player of the month for September, for leading his team to a 4-0 record.

Ryan was fairly phenomenal, with a plus-100.0 passer rating in each game. He’s thrown 11 touchdowns and only two interceptions, and just finished it off with a game-winning drive against the Panthers which he started at his 1-yard line with no timeouts.

It’s his second such award, after winning in November 2010. But until he wins a playoff game, that’s not going to be much consolation.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Home, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Matt Ryan wins NFC offensive player of the month”
  1. dzor22 says: Oct 4, 2012 12:49 PM

Go Matt Ryan!

2. jwayne111 says: Oct 4, 2012 12:50 PM

I’m a Falcons fan; can he sustain this thru the trip up the NFC east coming?

3. hor2012 says: Oct 4, 2012 1:01 PM

I’m a life long Saints fan. And, the Falcons have provided me a great deal of heartbreak over the years. So, over the years I’ve developed a deep seething hatred for them. And, it brought me great joy for us to wind the superbowl before the dirty birds did. That being said I really believe that this is the Falcons year. When I look at them I see the Saints the year we won the superbowl. So, Atlanta enjoy the ride it going to be fun. And, enjoy your 14 and 2 frist round by season. Of course you know that your two defeats will come at the hands of the whodat nation.

4. tombradyswig says: Oct 4, 2012 1:43 PM

Panthers sh0uld’ve won that game!

5. bostoncollie says: Oct 4, 2012 4:54 PM

Good for Matt Ryan!! I’m rooting for the Falcons here in Guelph. Class from Blank to Dimitroff to Smith to Ryan.

6. packhawk04 says: Oct 4, 2012 5:47 PM

Win a playoff game.

7. jacobslatter says: Oct 4, 2012 10:16 PM

I hope those black wristbands are weighted so that coveted arm strength continues to develop.