Chuck Pagano proud of team, fans after Sunday’s win

Cedric Benson AP

The Colts made it pretty clear that they were playing with coach Chuck Pagano on their minds on Sunday against the Packers when owner Jim Irsay took a game ball directly to Pagano’s hospital room after the 30-27 comeback win over Green Bay.

Pagano, as you’d imagine, was pretty pleased by the way his team came back from 21-3 down to get a win in their first game since Pagano’s leukemia diagnosis. Pagano shared some of his glee in an email to the Indianapolis Star and reading it makes it easy to imagine the celebration that must have happened in Pagano’s hospital room after Mason Crosby’s field goal sailed wide.

“I am so proud of this team, staff, organization, fans, community, etc. (I) could go on and on. I am the luckiest man in the world. I said it when I got this opportunity several months ago and I am repeating it now. The 12th man came through big time along with the TEAM THAT REFUSED TO LOSE. FAMILY!!!! TEAM TEAM TEAM. COMMUNITY.”

We went with a picture of Cedric Benson warming up before the game in a t-shirt with the Chuckstrong message of support for Pagano because the Packers deserve a tip of the cap for wearing those shirts along with the Colts during warmups on Sunday. A classy gesture by the team for a guy who has a lot of people pulling for him in and out of Indianapolis.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill
16 Responses to “Chuck Pagano proud of team, fans after Sunday’s win”
  1. pftcensorssuck says: Oct 8, 2012 8:57 AM

“We went with a picture of Cedric Benson warming up before the game in a t-shirt with the Chuckstrong message of support for Pagano because the Packers deserve a tip of the cap for wearing those shirts along with the Colts during warmups on Sunday”

Kudos to the Packers for a very classy gesture.

Nice of them to add the loss, for extra measure ;)

2. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Oct 8, 2012 9:31 AM

Congrats to the Colts. And, Packers are one of the classiest teams in the NFL, so no surprise to see a nice gesture like that.

3. lbpackfan says: Oct 8, 2012 10:15 AM

contra74 says:
    —–
    Packer fans take note – even in defeat other fanbases can act with class. Packer fans, and its team, do not know how to act with class after a victory and defeat. Thank you for being nothing but class after our teams played 9er fans. Nothing but respect from me!

——————————————

Funny – reading yet another one of contras ridiculous posts…then seeing this article on Pagano…and how classy the Packers were.

4. nonetruerthanblue says: Oct 8, 2012 10:22 AM

We’re all pulling for ya, Chuck!!!

Hope the NFL doesn’t fine them for warming up in non-Nike shirts. The front office is full of inconsistencies.

5. clayswife says: Oct 8, 2012 11:31 AM

Several red flags popped up for me during preseason in terms of our offense.. I am not sure why it feels like we are in a rebuilding year, but it feels like we are in a rebuilding year. Oh well.. still a fan for life.

Congrats to the Colts on that (seemingly) impossible and highly impressive comeback. I wish the best to Chuck Pagano and hope for a speedy recovery.

6. kattykathy says: Oct 8, 2012 11:39 AM

There is only one thing more pathetic than the Packers and their fans crying and whining about every call that doesn’t go their way and making excuses for every loss.

That is for their obnoxious fans to post SCOREBOARD when their team loses to the freakin Colts.

Now that is some really intelligent fans.

7. kattykathy says: Oct 8, 2012 11:47 AM

If someone happens to see lbpackfan, can you please pass along a message?

Tell him to walk down to the field, wipe the tears from his eyes, stop whining about good calls, accept defeat like a grown up instead of a child, look up, and read…………………SCOREBOARD

8. lbpackfan says: Oct 8, 2012 12:10 PM

kattykathy -

1. I am not in Indianapolis, so I cannot walk down to the field and look at the scoreboard.

2. My team lost…I am not making an excuses…we LOST…is that hard to comprehend or do you need to post (like contra) another ridiculous post?

3. There are no tears here from me…I haven’t cried since my team won the Super Bowl a year and a half ago…(Super Bowl..someone some rivals in the NFC North have never experienced)

Onto next week…gonna be tough with the Texans on the road, but GO PACK!

9. bigbluefan1 says: Oct 8, 2012 1:18 PM

I am still waiting to hear how the Colts did not beat the packers but the packers beat them self.

But on another note well done by Mike M and the packers showing support for Chuck.

And it looks like the colts have the real deal in Luck

10. pack13queens0 says: Oct 8, 2012 2:13 PM

The Colts can thank the officials as well. It’s like the replacements are still there. Tramon Williams had an interception that was wrongly overturned, the ball never hit the ground. Sam Shields called for pass interferance when clearly the Colts receiver pushed off? And Reggie Wayne was not in the end zone, he was clearly short. Nice job zebras, costing America’s Team again.

11. longhairdontcare66 says: Oct 8, 2012 2:25 PM

I wish I could say I’m proud of my teams performance on the field… I’m sick of watching the Packers play like this- “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.”

12. woodsvikes says: Oct 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Wow, made it a whole 10 posts in until we found a “its the ref’s fault we lost…” post from a packers fan. It’s sad, on a thread that should be all about class it takes one tool to ruin it. Everyone can thank @pack12queenso. Way to Represent and make it all the more clear why people call the Packer fans “whiners” and “classless”.

Oh as for the Reggie Wayne take, if you were actually sober enough to see… it was CLEAR to EVERYONE that the ball “BROKE THE PLANE OF THE GOAL LINE..” which is ALL that needs to happen. If his knee was not down (which it wasn’t) and he reaches the ball and breaks the plane (which he did) its a TouchDown.

Oh, and by the way… NO ONE outside of Wisconsin thinks that GB is “America’s Team”.

13. stellarperformance says: Oct 8, 2012 4:42 PM

I love watching the Viking fans build themselves up into a frenzy when they have any degree of success. It goes straight to their over-sized, pompous, superiority-complexed heads….on a weekly basis. It’s the best feeling in the world to then witness their team self-implode in a predictable manner each and every season they get close. They are the true America’s Team….making all other teams and all other fans feel better about themselves in comparison. Now that’s what you call universal appeal.

14. 7ransponder says: Oct 8, 2012 5:15 PM

lbpackfan says:Oct 8, 2012 10:15 AM

—————————

He wasn’t dogging the Packer players, he was ragging their fanbase, get it right skipper.

I’m actually surprised the Packers didn’t just take a knee on every play myself. Then they could protest “worst call ever” AND support the Pagano Colts by handing them a win. Now THAT’S efficiency.

15. mannyicey says: Oct 8, 2012 7:45 PM

Congrats to the Colts! Great win (coming from a Falcons fan.)

Where can you get a ChuckStrong T-Shirt?

16. flcolt says: Oct 8, 2012 8:46 PM

Kudos to mannyicey for the nice post and showing Falcons fans have class as well. It is disappointing that the positive message of the story is lost by some (in negative posts).

ChuckStrong shirts can be purchased from Chuckstrong.org (which redirects the site to Colts Pro Shop).

Many kudos to the Packers for showing their support!!!