Bills hope to regroup with an extra week in the West

Buffalo Bills v San Francisco 49ers Getty Images

Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick grew up in Arizona, so he knows about the old hippies and New Agers who flock to Sedona.

He might considering leading a field trip of self-discovery this week.

“Light some incense,” Fitzpatrick joked with Tim Graham of the Buffalo News, “and just put a triangle above my head and do all that stuff.”

The Bills could use something, and an extra week in the desert might be just the trick.

They’ve given up 97 points and 1,201 yards the last two weeks, and after taking the most recent beating in San Fran, just decided to stay out West prior to this week’s game with the Cardinals.

“I think it can be very helpful, but time will tell on that one,” Bills coach Chan Gailey said. “I think being here and being away with just ourselves, . . . because the people that are going to change this and rectify this are sitting in that team room. It’s not going to be anybody else.”

The good news is that an ailing Bills defense gets to go against a Cards offense with its own problems.

“We’ve got a long way to go, and the only way to get there is by working and hopefully everybody’s prepared for that.”

Isolating themselves in Arizona for a week can’t hurt, but playing better is the only thing that will fix their problems.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Bills hope to regroup with an extra week in the West”
  1. fuglyflorio says: Oct 9, 2012 9:32 AM

This is like saying the passengers on the Titanic hope to regroup once they’re all in the water.

2. thelastpieceofcheese says: Oct 9, 2012 9:35 AM

Bills could spend 40 days in the desert and they’ll still be pretender bums.

3. whiteshoesjohnson says: Oct 9, 2012 9:56 AM

Still in the 90s for daytime highs here in Phoenix and I have yet to turn my air conditioning off. Welcome Bills

4. dirtyharry1971 says: Oct 9, 2012 10:00 AM

As a bills fan all i gotta say is you might as mail in the rest of the season cause they are finished this season and its never gonna get any better until the bills get new ownership and real coaches.

5. billsfaninmiami says: Oct 9, 2012 10:21 AM

“We stink right now,” Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams said. “I don’t know how else to call it.”

“I think that says it all.”, Bills fans everywhere agreed.

6. jpaq68 says: Oct 9, 2012 11:06 AM

I hope to win the lottery by buying my tickets at a different store.

7. ihatethejets23 says: Oct 9, 2012 11:09 AM

“Bills could spend 40 days in the desert and they’ll still be pretender bums.”

I am a diehard Bills fan and I always will be but this organization can’t be defended anymore. They are a joke from the owner to the players.

8. EJ says: Oct 9, 2012 12:04 PM

ihatethejets23 says:
    Oct 9, 2012 11:09 AM
    “Bills could spend 40 days in the desert and they’ll still be pretender bums.”

With a name like ihatethejets23, you’d think you would have a little more faith in the Bills? I know Its been a decade with no playoffs and season after season with big let downs, but c’mon, every team has their problems, some longer than others, but every team has them. Look at Alex Smith, year after year of crappy play, he gets a better coach and poof! Check out the 9ers now. The Packers seemed to be destined to stay on top, and they look average at best. Yes the Bills lost to the Patriots, big time, but they are 3-2, not 5-0. What I’m trying to say is the season is far from over, things can be fixed. The Bills have some very good players on their D, D.W. just needs to figure out what they are doing wrong and fix it. A true Bills fan always Bill-ieves. Stay true. Go Bills!!!! #BillsMafia

9. gopack2109 says: Oct 9, 2012 12:45 PM

See, I agree with that last comment. I mean why do people constantly put down their own teams blows my mind. There are always chances to improve. I am also a bills fan and I still think they have a chance for playoffs. Good luck Buffalo. Beat those Cardinals.