Buoyed by a big win over the Packers, the Colts apparently are hoping to push things to the next level, via an overhaul of the bottom of their roster.
The team has announced a variety of roster moves. Namely, the Colts have:
1. signed nose tackle Antonio Dixon (pictured);
2. elevated linebacker Jerry Brown and defensive end Clifton Geathers from the practice squad to the active roster;
4. waived cornerback Justin King;
5. released running back Alvester Alexander from the practice squad;
6. lost linebacker Mario Addison from the practice squad to the Redskins’ active roster.
The moves hardly will provide the difference when it comes to trying to make the playoffs. But it shows that the Colts more than willing to churn the lower levels of the roster and practice squad in order to compete.