Ndamukong Suh not ticketed for accident, but sued in separate case

Green Bay Packers v Detroit Lions Getty Images

One off-field issue has been resolved and a new off-field issue has arisen for Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.

The good news for Suh is that he will not be ticketed for the incident on Thursday in Dearborn, Michigan, when he was accused by another driver of sideswiping a car and driving off, then screaming at the other driver when he followed Suh to the Lions’ practice facility. Dearborn police told Fox 2 in Detroit that they were unable to determine who was at fault in the accident, so they won’t ticket either driver.

Unfortunately for Suh, he now has another issue to deal with: The Oakland Press reports that Suh is being sued by Gregory and Laura Packer, who claim they rented a home owned by Suh and gave him a security deposit of $100,000, and now that they’ve moved out Suh is refusing to return the security deposit.

The lawsuit says Suh and his sister, who works as Suh’s business manager, violated a Michigan law that says security deposits can’t be more than 1.5 times the monthly rent. (One wonders why the Packers — who have a great surname for a couple in a dispute with Suh — ever agreed to fork over a $100,000 security deposit in the first place.) The lawsuit also accuses Suh of refusing to give back property the Packers left behind when they moved out.

Meanwhile, Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham said Suh “had two of the best practices I’ve ever seen in my life” this week. Maybe what Suh really needed was an off-field incident to get him fired up and working hard on the field.

Permalink 54 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
54 Responses to “Ndamukong Suh not ticketed for accident, but sued in separate case”
  1. choppa2lis says: Oct 12, 2012 6:36 PM

suh is from oregon, so he loses all street credibility. i know he tries to be all tough and all, but he grew up in oregon, one of the safest cakewalk places in the country to grow up. so him trying to act all gangsta and tough reminds me of another sheltered spoiled loser kellen winslow jr. , complete jokes

2. hrmlss says: Oct 12, 2012 6:38 PM

Maybe he can pay them back with 20,000 $5 foot-longs.

3. beeroncos says: Oct 12, 2012 6:39 PM

Suh idiocity aside (pardon me, fatty), these renters are straight-up morons for a) Thinking 100K is a reasonable deposit and b) Renting or leasing something when they apparently have capital enough to invest instead of throw money away.

4. robert831 says: Oct 12, 2012 6:39 PM

Fools… If you can afford a 100k security deposit. Buy your own house!

5. nyyjetsknicks says: Oct 12, 2012 6:39 PM

At least he was sober this time. With age comes wisdom.

6. blackandbluedivision says: Oct 12, 2012 6:41 PM

Dang he can’t even beat these Packers.

7. bluefan204 says: Oct 12, 2012 6:42 PM

Maybe he should just stomp on the Packers and keep their money…

8. ripster65 says: Oct 12, 2012 6:43 PM

Really? The Packers? That’s GREAT! This is just getting silly. I know he didn’t get ticketed for his most recent side-swipe but does anyone really believe that a dude in an Escort (or whatever it was) would chase down Suh just to make a buck off the guy? If I had just caused that, I’d, well, pull over and take care of it but if I didn’t, I’d want ot get the heck outta there. About the last thing I’d do is chase down that large angry man knowing that I’m in the wrong and I’ve thoroughly pissed him off.

9. giantsfan2104 says: Oct 12, 2012 6:46 PM

Long story short, Ndamukong is being Suhed by the Packers.

10. beckzhere says: Oct 12, 2012 6:46 PM

Ndamukong Sue.

11. 40zntallcanz says: Oct 12, 2012 6:47 PM

This punk will end up in jail or broke by the end of his career.

12. wludford says: Oct 12, 2012 6:48 PM

What a loser.

13. eastofmissball says: Oct 12, 2012 6:48 PM

Operations: Clear a seat on the plane for his Parole Officer for leaving the state. Oregon,, get that dudes license to a shredder. And Nike, get your designers on overtime for a stylish ankle monitor ready for this dude…

14. flyboy123456 says: Oct 12, 2012 6:49 PM

It’s a sad story, but it conjures memories I have of one of my favorite all time teachers. He was one of my history teachers in high school. He was a meek, tiny little fella from Sweden. His name, ironically was Ndamukong Johannson.

One day as he was driving out of the parking lot of school, he accidently sideswiped a school bus. After he stopped crying, he provided all of his insurance info, license, proof of title, etc. From there he began to console some of the shaken kids. He even regaled them with stories about his travels to Africa and how startled yet amazed he was with the MANY differences from his beloved Sweden.

15. bobhk says: Oct 12, 2012 6:54 PM

@mjkelly77 you must be proud of these guys!
    I’m sure you are going to be thrilled to be 1-5 next Sunday.

16. imjinbrdgr says: Oct 12, 2012 6:56 PM

Question- Why doesn’t someone get a ticket for hit and run accident?

Answer- They’re an NFL player

Question- Why do NFL players act like jerkoffs?

Answer- They know they can get away with it.

17. djaehne says: Oct 12, 2012 6:56 PM

He’s done. Yesterday’s news.

18. sabatimus says: Oct 12, 2012 7:08 PM

What? First thing Dearborn police tell the other driver to do is LEAVE THE SCENE, and then they don’t issue Suh a ticket for leaving the scene.

I guess I’m not familiar with Dearborn traffic laws, but around here, it’s illegal to leave the scene of an accident no matter WHO was at fault.

19. nepo784 says: Oct 12, 2012 7:11 PM

Certified scumbag

20. eagles512 says: Oct 12, 2012 7:13 PM

Who cares who is at fault? He still left the scene of an accident.

21. thegreatgabbert says: Oct 12, 2012 7:25 PM

Now that the Parker’s have moved out of the house, a widow, Mrs. Barker, and her sons have taken over the lease. This could get interesting.

22. phuriousjorge says: Oct 12, 2012 7:27 PM

This turd just dodged another bullet.

What’s the odds of that couple being named Packers? Classic. Too bad the gentleman’s first name wasn’t Brett.

23. dd393 says: Oct 12, 2012 8:15 PM

It’s time he hired a driver. He can afford one, can’t he? Cheaper than a lawsuit.

24. rayguyreturns says: Oct 12, 2012 8:16 PM

“choppa2lis says:
    suh is from oregon, so he loses all street credibility. i know he tries to be all tough and all, but he grew up in oregon, one of the safest cakewalk places in the country to grow up”
    ___________________________________

And this is a bad thing?

Yeah, “street cred” is so important these days. (roll eyes)

25. marshmont says: Oct 12, 2012 8:25 PM

there is an oak tree or a 200 foot cliff with suhs cars name on it. he is wasting good air.

26. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Oct 12, 2012 8:43 PM

Suh has had at least 3 wrecks in a short time. One when he was in Nebraska, one when he was in his hometown (Oregon I think) and he never seems to get charged. Something is just not right about this guy. Trouble follows him.

27. harrisonhits2 says: Oct 12, 2012 8:50 PM

I long ago lost track of how many times I’ve heard players or coaches say they had such great or awesome practices before a game they lost and that they just can’t understand how having great practices didn’t translate to a win.

Lions will get slaughtered this week. I predict they’ll lose by at least 2 and probably 3 TDs.

28. donmega72 says: Oct 12, 2012 8:52 PM

I’m a Detroit fan and I’m sick and tired of Suh’s antics. He was great his rookie year, but he hasn’t done anything since. I’m starting to think the guy’s a bust!

29. lionsdraftguy says: Oct 12, 2012 10:01 PM

Ya know what I find funny about all you morons and your Lions hating comments….if you could have Suh on YOUR team, you would take him in a heartbeat. But because hes a Lion, you talk trash.

Just like how fans from other teams want to talk trash about Miguel Cabrera, but would you want him on YOUR team? Of course you would.

So shut up for once, will you?

30. normdogg says: Oct 12, 2012 10:31 PM

I’m a HUGE Lions fan and I can’t stand this guy. Between crap like this and all his shameless self promotion, he just comes off as a disingenuous scumbag. After, the great rookie year he seems content to just rest on his laurels and think everyone should just worship him.

31. tabdanger says: Oct 12, 2012 10:32 PM

Kind of reminds me of another wasted talent of a DT named Darrell Russell.. He was ultra talented and was unstoppable for his first few years.. But his off field troubles kept coming. He ended up dying in a car accident.

32. drgreenstreak says: Oct 12, 2012 10:48 PM

Street cred. Really important. Oregon has none. Moving there and leaving choppa 2 run stuff in Motown.

33. teedraper says: Oct 12, 2012 10:49 PM

Suh is just turning into a real sleeze ball! Grow up already dude.

34. mjkelly77 says: Oct 12, 2012 11:05 PM

bobhk says:Oct 12, 2012 6:54 PM

@mjkelly77 you must be proud of these guys!
    I’m sure you are going to be thrilled to be 1-5 next Sunday.
    _______________

Well, since Suh is generous to his college and charities, and he’s had some negative publicity, he’s obviously guilty. I’m sure that’s what the guy who followed him was counting on. He didn’t recognize who he is, my a$$. All the guy saw was a five figure easy touch.

35. 40zntallcanz says: Oct 12, 2012 11:42 PM

I like some guys quote from the other SUH article. ” I can’t believe SUBWAY supports this guy” lol

36. phuriousjorge says: Oct 12, 2012 11:44 PM

donmega72 says:
    He was great his rookie year, but he hasn’t done anything since.

Sure he has. Just not on the field.

37. tinbender2000 says: Oct 12, 2012 11:49 PM

choppa2lis says: Oct 12, 2012 6:36 PM

====================================
    Being born and raised in Oakland and now living in Oregon I can tell you there are places in Portland you don’t want to go anywhere near. You don’t know chit.

38. nomoreseasontix says: Oct 12, 2012 11:59 PM

Suh = waste of skin

39. slugbaitspace says: Oct 13, 2012 12:06 AM

100K security deposit? They move out and don’t take all of their stuff?

Sounds like the Packers were setting up Suh to fail…for which they normally wait until Sunday…

40. jmoonraker says: Oct 13, 2012 12:24 AM

Go get em Suh… Shut these haters up…

41. eightandeightlions says: Oct 13, 2012 1:10 AM

tinbender2000 says: Oct 12, 2012 11:49 PM

choppa2lis says: Oct 12, 2012 6:36 PM

====================================
    ===================================

I think the point is that the bad part of Portland is about as scary as the good part of Cleveland. (True story, you can look it up. they are even both equally boring.)

42. staffordsyear says: Oct 13, 2012 1:38 AM

Its obvious that suh is not a “bust” and dont be surprised if the lions get a win in philly..they’re qb is mike vick after all and he is a turnover machine.

43. eightandeightlions says: Oct 13, 2012 1:45 AM

lionsdraftguy says: Oct 12, 2012 10:01 PM

====================================
    Lionsdraft guy: My team is the Bears.

Admittedly Suh could come on and instantly become the Seventh DT in the rotation behind Melton, Idonije, and Peppers (Yes, Chi’s DE’s are out-performing Suh at his own position)

Suh is performing marginally better stat-wise than second and third string DT’s Stephen Paea and Amobe Okoye despite getting the “Lions” share of the snaps, but would not be ahead as Paea is developing into one hell of a starting NT in addition to being officially the strongest man in the NFL.

Suh does not beat out even DE Shae McClellin however as with the stats being so close you have to go to the snap count and Suh can’t even beat a pure pass rusher that comes in only in obvious passing situations.

Suh’s performance last year would not have made the Bears rotation at DT (4 sacks, seriously?? $2,500,000/sack?)

44. eightandeightlions says: Oct 13, 2012 1:47 AM

Oops, I forgot about Wooton. He is also out-performing N. Suh, but I am not totally sure he is also being rotated into the inside. (He also ended Farvrvre’s career)

45. piemasteruk says: Oct 13, 2012 2:16 AM

Clearly a lot more to this story than meets the eye. Why would you leave a $100,000 security deposit (unless the house was worth literally tens of millions). Why would you leave stuff in a house after you had moved out? This just looks like the opening salvo in a lawsuit designed to get a settlement.

46. yousuxxors says: Oct 13, 2012 2:30 AM

why is his sister his business manager? why a lot of these guys go broke.

47. Slackmo says: Oct 13, 2012 5:22 AM

The investigating officer was most recently a replacement ref, and didn’t see the need for any penalty.

48. punkyqb says: Oct 13, 2012 7:12 AM

I seriously see 4-12 or 5-11 at best for this team. Look at their schedule the rest of the way. Last place in the division.

49. ripster65 says: Oct 13, 2012 7:57 AM

lionsdraftguy says:Oct 12, 2012 10:01 PM

——–

Has nothing to do with him being a Lion. What makes you think anyone hates the Lions? That’s like hating the Charlotte Bobcats or the Chicago Cubs. The guy’s got issues but it’s not because he plays for the Lions. Considering the baggage he’s lugging, I really wonder how many would take him on their team as readily as you imply.

50. ronaldmexico7 says: Oct 13, 2012 8:00 AM

Stay classy Detroit.

51. kenny328usa says: Oct 13, 2012 10:05 AM

Yet another spoiled, ignorant athlete with a sense of entitlement who’s ego won’t allow him to handle fame and wealth.

52. capecotton says: Oct 13, 2012 1:33 PM

At least Albert Haynesworth can rest assured that at least one young player in the NFL still looks up to him enough to emulate his career path.

53. gobigred55 says: Oct 13, 2012 10:01 PM

I’m sure everyone ripping this guy has never done anything worse than getting into a car wreck when they were 24-25 years old. Who in their right mind would lay down 100k for a security deposit? I’ve rented most of my life and have never gotten back a security deposit. Its kind of assumed you are not getting that money back.

54. backindasaddle says: Oct 14, 2012 10:47 PM

Suh will now go out and buy a new car with more horsepower.