Cowboys sticking with Chris Jones at punter on Sunday

350x-4 AP

The Cowboys have two punters on their roster.  Both of them are hurt.  But one is healthy enough to play on Sunday.

Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com reports that Chris Jones will be able to kick against Baltimore despite a knee injury.

Per Watkins, the Cowboys brought in a trio of possible replacements on Friday — Daniel Sepulveda, T.J. Conley, and Chas Henry — but decided to sign none of them.

The Cowboys signed Brian Moorman a day after the Bills gave him the boot, but Moorman suffered a freak groin injury this week, before practice.

It’s unknown whether Jones or Tony Romo will serve as the holder for extra points and field goals.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Cowboys sticking with Chris Jones at punter on Sunday”
  1. bigbluecrew420 says: Oct 14, 2012 1:14 AM

I think tony should hold for fgs :-)

2. whatchutalkinabouthillis says: Oct 14, 2012 3:18 AM

Usually when I suffer a freak groin injury, it’s because I forgot the safeword.

3. truecowboyfan says: Oct 14, 2012 5:15 AM

I’ll punt for free Jerry… hit me up on my E-Mail you a**clown.

4. conseannery says: Oct 14, 2012 7:28 AM

I suffered a freak groin injury myself in the mid-90s when I took a slight detour from Old Saigon and found myself in a former opium den-turned-bordello run by the wily mother of a non-famous Thai kickboxer. Suffice it to say, the flaxen-haired beauty I chose to “wittle away the time with” (who, somewhat surprisingly, was a dyed-in-the-wool Uzbek), didn’t care for my, as she called it, “American style rough housing,” and delivered a swift kick to my manhood, ending our liaison before it could truly begin.

5. tigrrrr says: Oct 14, 2012 8:21 AM

Definitely romo!! lol

6. itsmammoth says: Oct 14, 2012 9:44 AM

I’d run a fake FG attempt right off the bat with Romo to check the whole defense.

7. noturavragepunk says: Oct 14, 2012 10:06 AM

Wow, with an injured punter the Ravens will gave great field position all game, Hopefully allowing them to drive up the score

8. CowboyErik says: Oct 14, 2012 11:22 AM

Cowboys got to play ball control offense & punt; Receivers have to run patterns like they are hot to wear down secondary; running backs have to pound linebackers play after play for a couple yards; maybe pass to witten for 5 yards and go down; try a quick slant pass or 2; get a few first downs, and PUNT; then the defense has to shut down the Ravens offense & force them off the field, or ideally, FORCE turnovers & score with it or go down, give it to Romo so we can get a field goal; its the only way to leave Baltimore with a win, final score 6-3 or 3-0; either team could win. DALLAS would lose a “trackmeet” cuase of our turn over infected offense. Asking to much of these guys, today, I just want BALL CONTROL!!!!!!! Besides, these “track meets”, a.k.a. offensive displays aren’t football. Football is an equal footed battle between 2 team; not you can’t touch them after 5 yards!

9. CowboyErik says: Oct 14, 2012 12:17 PM