Colts dump Mr. Irrelevant

Chandler Harnish AP

As the Indianapolis Colts continue to churn the bottom of their roster, they’ve dropped the guy taken at the very bottom of the 2012 NFL draft.

Yes, quarterback Chandler Harnish has been waived.

Whether Mr. Irrelevant becomes relevant depends first on whether anyone claims him on waivers.  If not, he becomes a free agent, able to sign with any team’s roster or practice squad.

Harnish said on the final day of the draft that he was planning to sign with the Chargers before the Colts picked him.  It’ll be interesting to see if the Chargers come calling now.

The Colts also waived outside linebacker Jerry Brown, and the Colts signed former Steelers tight end Weslye Saunders, who played for Colts interim head coach/offensive coordinator Bruce Arians in Pittsburgh.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Colts dump Mr. Irrelevant”
  1. fitzmagic1212 says: Oct 16, 2012 9:16 PM

remember that girl who made the video about Mr. irrelevant? he could always stay with her if no teams are interested!

2. steelernationfartsinyourfaceandwinschampionships says: Oct 16, 2012 9:27 PM

LOL

3. realnflmaster says: Oct 16, 2012 9:41 PM

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS! WOOOOO!

4. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Oct 16, 2012 9:52 PM

Initially, this headline confused me — I have a body part my wife refers to as “Mr. Irrelevant.”

5. 4ever19 says: Oct 16, 2012 10:56 PM

Now what am I supposed to do with this gross of Harnish jerseys I ordered to sell on eBay?

6. ddogdaddy says: Oct 16, 2012 10:56 PM

He is probably going to the AFC West but not San Diego. I hope he likes the steaks in Kansas City. Hate to see him go but I am glad he may get a shot to play some where.

7. inkpad619 says: Oct 16, 2012 11:25 PM

the chargers should be in the market for a new starting qb

8. xsfmed says: Oct 16, 2012 11:34 PM

He’ll get picked up by a team that needs a real QB. Jets, I am looking in your general direction.

9. paychrisjohnson28 says: Oct 16, 2012 11:52 PM

At least for Chandler Harnish since he made the opening day roster, his pay for the entire year is guaranteed, isn’t it ? ! The Chargers or Bills or Cardinals or Rams is where he could be headed next…

10. ihaterogergoodell says: Oct 16, 2012 11:53 PM

I went to NIU and graduated as Harnish was coming up. He was a joy to watch, with a lot of intangibles. I fear he is not quite ready for the NFL and that he will never be…

11. traveye99 says: Oct 17, 2012 12:30 AM

NIU Huskey pride!

12. lobzila says: Oct 17, 2012 2:58 AM

Trade him for Rivers, straight up no cash involved and San Diego gets the better deal. I am a Charger fan even.

13. peytonsneck18 says: Oct 17, 2012 3:30 AM

Dropped him for a TE that will be cut by next week? How about sign some defensive help, cb, safety who can cover n tackle, smh

14. dsfrantz says: Oct 17, 2012 6:15 AM

considering he was #253, i thought he played rather well in the preseason. i’m disappointed to see him go. he sure as hell played a lot better than our *starting* qb last season…

…by the way, what is curtis painter up to these days? bagging groceries at kroger?

15. umrguy42 says: Oct 17, 2012 10:39 AM

I thought it was kinda cool, but really more of a sign of how bad the Rams have been, that their last Mr. Irrelevant pick, David Vobora in 2008, stuck with the team for 3 seasons, including being named as a starter in 2009…