Giants’ cars burglarized in New Jersey while team was on the road

Giants Jaguars Football AP

Several Giants players got back from Sunday’s big win in San Francisco to find out that their cars had been burglarized in New Jersey.

Police say they’re searching for multiple suspects who broke a lock on the gate to the parking lot where players park their cars during road trips, burglarized some players’ cars and stole a 1996 Chevy Caprice. (Which I’m guessing was not a car belonging to an NFL player.)

Although the Giants and the police haven’t said which players had their cars burglarized, offensive tackle James Brewer acknowledged that he was one of them, writing on Twitter, “Only in Jersey can someone be heartless enough to break into my car while we are in Cali making fans proud.”

Before leaving for road trips, Giants players park in a lot in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and the team hires a private security firm to guard the lot. Although this isn’t as bad as your car being used as a whorehouse while you’re parked at Jiffy Park, this may lead the Giants to make other parking accommodations going forward.

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
25 Responses to “Giants’ cars burglarized in New Jersey while team was on the road”
  1. patriotenvy says: Oct 16, 2012 9:12 AM

That’s the 47 percent for you.

2. goraidersgospurs says: Oct 16, 2012 9:13 AM

Thank god brandon is no longer with the team!!!

3. scoops1 says: Oct 16, 2012 9:14 AM

Maybe they should take it up with Consumer Affairs

4. spellingcops says: Oct 16, 2012 9:15 AM

I assure you the 96 Caprice was a player’s (or is it playa’s?) car.

5. EJ says: Oct 16, 2012 9:19 AM

Apparently there was no one guarding the lot, that or the person guarding the lot decided on making some cash on the side. Either way, I’d be pissed off. I know first hand how it feels to walk up to your car and feel totally violated. I had over 1000 Cd’s worth at least $15,000, a $600 stereo, a $300 amplifier and a set of $500 speakers ripped off from my car. Bastards busted my door lock to get in and weren’t deterred by the blazing loud alarm going off until my battery was dead. I only got the amp back when they caught the kids, but thankfully restitution was granted, I’m still receiving checks every so often from the kid, still owes a couple of grand though. Bastards.

6. tramonisland says: Oct 16, 2012 9:20 AM

*eagles fans

7. checkitd0wn says: Oct 16, 2012 9:26 AM

Not surprising. A classless organization like this, just had it coming. Between their coach and players, they were asking for it. This scumbag team is a horrible disgrace to New York/New Jersey area. Hey, you get what you deserve. Sorry.. Truth hurts.

8. mavajo says: Oct 16, 2012 9:27 AM

Really? You’re supposed to be immune to crime because you weigh 300 pounds and get paid millions to run around in tights and slam into other 300 pound dudes wearing tights?

Screw you school teachers, charity workers, nurses, doctors, firemen, etc. Football players are the real victims here! How could this happen to them?!?

Always amuses me how out of touch athletes are.

9. scorpio516 says: Oct 16, 2012 9:33 AM

Are they sure it was a 96 Caprice not an Impala… 96 was the last year of the Impala SS, which was based on the Caprice chassis and body, and is fairly collectible, and popular with a certain segment.

96 was also the last year the Caprice was sold in the US.

10. nzyme says: Oct 16, 2012 9:38 AM

Inside job with the security guard. He’ll be caught.

11. doe22us says: Oct 16, 2012 9:42 AM

Yeah I can empathize, I woke up Monday morning to the welcome suprise of my car being broken into. Scum made away with my navigation system and my iPod, and yes both of the devices were not visible. The guy left me a bag of candy though, and the remenants of a smoke filled car.

12. cypresshill says: Oct 16, 2012 9:58 AM

It was Rex Ryan and Tebow, Rex told Tim if he wants more playing time do it.

13. annes22 says: Oct 16, 2012 10:02 AM

Obviously the Security firm did a terrible job. Fire them right away. He was probably sleeping on the job.

14. cruuuzcontrol says: Oct 16, 2012 10:07 AM

It was Tebow. He knows they’ll never suspect him.

15. baloneyjohn says: Oct 16, 2012 10:20 AM

Lets blame Goodell for this as well.

16. garonm says: Oct 16, 2012 10:22 AM

get stabbed in San Fran to come home to missing purses.

17. mburkett1980 says: Oct 16, 2012 10:23 AM

Yeah I’m going to go ahead and say without a doubt that the ’96 Caprice was indeed a player’s car. It’s a classic vehicle that I’m sure a player has made several upgrades to.

18. rixofct says: Oct 16, 2012 10:38 AM

Couldn’t someone in the front office who’s in charge of security for the Giants figure out a better solution for the players other than have them park their expensive cars in an exposed (I suppose) ‘lot in East Rutherford, NJ’?

Where do the Mara’s or Tisch family park THEIR cars when the team travels? I’m guessing they have their limo drivers take their cars back to the City until they return home after the game…….

19. burlbradley says: Oct 16, 2012 10:53 AM

This hurt James Brewer so much he turned into Shaun Rogers.
    Tragic.

20. skinssweepgmen says: Oct 16, 2012 10:53 AM

Must be George W. Bush’s fault.

21. mazblast says: Oct 16, 2012 11:03 AM

The ’96 Caprice could indeed be a player’s car. Lots of people have a “beater” car in addition to their classy wheels, for just this sort of situation. Or it could be that a player just doesn’t care about cars and drives what’s comfortable.

22. buckifan4life says: Oct 16, 2012 11:03 AM

“We would appreciate it if you would bear with us at this time.”

23. buckifan4life says: Oct 16, 2012 11:05 AM

Who stores 1000 cd’s in their car that could be stolen? Really?

24. giantsfan2104 says: Oct 16, 2012 1:16 PM

checkitd0wn says:
    Oct 16, 2012 9:26 AM
    ===================================

What perfect team do YOU root for?

25. bigbluefan1 says: Oct 17, 2012 7:45 AM

Reports say it was a 3 man team one white guy with very short arms one of the black guys kept dropping things and the second black guy walked with a limp.

Sounds like Tiki Plex and Shocky were working on there pention