B.J. Raji returns to practice in Green Bay

B+J+Raji+Green+Bay+Packers+v+Indianapolis+EehRnn0bOnMl Getty Images

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers‘ calf was just fine after a day of limited participation, but his return to a full practice wasn’t the most significant news for the Packers on Thursday.

Rodgers being fully healthy is important, of course, but no one really expected him to miss this week’s game against the Rams. Defensive tackle B.J. Raji, on the other hand, was a major question mark after missing last week’s game and Wednesday’s practice because of an ankle injury.

Things are looking a little better on Thursday. Raji was able to practice, although Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel writes that it might have been a “trial run” as Raji was working with the scout team during the portion of practice open to the media. It’s a step in the right direction for Raji in any case and keeps some hope alive that he’ll be able to return to the lineup for Week Seven.

Not so much hope for wide receiver Greg Jennings, linebacker Nick Perry or cornerback Sam Shields. All three of them missed a second straight day of practice and they’re headed for a spot on the inactive list without a rapid change in condition.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams
15 Responses to “B.J. Raji returns to practice in Green Bay”
  1. fuglyflorio says: Oct 18, 2012 2:12 PM

Discount double check cheeseburger with a side order of fries.

2. godofwine330 says: Oct 18, 2012 2:16 PM

When he stepped on the field after the injury the D-Line coach said, “Show me what you got, Raji.”

3. notthathand says: Oct 18, 2012 2:21 PM

They’ll need him. I smell hangover/trap game. I think the Rams will play them a lot tougher than the Texans did.

4. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Oct 18, 2012 2:25 PM

_____

Did Rodgers complain about him after practice?

5. liveonthepackerhotline says: Oct 18, 2012 2:43 PM

Get to work Raji!

6. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 18, 2012 2:55 PM

thankheavenfornumberseven says:
    Oct 18, 2012 2:25 PM
    _____

Did Rodgers complain about him after practice?

No, they were all laughing at Minnesota’s “deep threat” Jerome Simpson.

The entire NFL laughs at the vikings.

7. shaggytoodle says: Oct 18, 2012 2:59 PM

notthathand says:Oct 18, 2012 2:21 PM

____________

I partially agree with you. Packers have been letting teams hang around. So the Rams will hang in there.

I hope last week was start the Packers hitting thier stride.

I thought the Packers were going to get ran all over with Raji out. They played a a solid game last week.

8. jhein23 says: Oct 18, 2012 3:23 PM

This is looking like a pretty decent draft for the Packers – I’ve been happy with what I’ve seen out of the rookies so far. I know people will probably disagree with me but I’d go heavy on defense in the 2013 draft too. Just load up on that side of the ball. Speed all over the place – MLB and a S to replace Woodson.

9. calloustongue says: Oct 18, 2012 3:27 PM

“Did Rodgers complain about him after practice?”

I’m a Packer fan, and that is hilarious. Well done.

Am I the only one that noticed the D-line was significantly better without Raji? Been 2 years since he’s made a big difference. Just sayin.

10. bobnelsonjr says: Oct 18, 2012 3:27 PM

He should not come back on some injury producing artificial carpet in some dimly lit domed stadium.

After Sunday the Packers have only 3 artificial carpet games and 2 of them indoors.

11. dcviking says: Oct 18, 2012 3:30 PM

thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 18, 2012 2:55 PM

thankheavenfornumberseven says:
    Oct 18, 2012 2:25 PM
    _____

Did Rodgers complain about him after practice?

No, they were all laughing at Minnesota’s “deep threat” Jerome Simpson.

The entire NFL laughs at the vikings.
    —————————————–

Yeah and the entire world laughs at Wisconsin…

12. beedubyatoo says: Oct 18, 2012 3:43 PM

fuglyflorio says:Oct 18, 2012 2:12 PM

Discount double check cheeseburger with a side order of fries.
    —————————
    The State Farm DDC line stopped being funny after the first 100 times it was posted in a response to a tag about Rodgers. Give it a rest, already.

13. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 18, 2012 5:46 PM

dcviking says:
    Oct 18, 2012 3:30 PM
    thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 18, 2012 2:55 PM

thankheavenfornumberseven says:
    Oct 18, 2012 2:25 PM
    _____

Did Rodgers complain about him after practice?

No, they were all laughing at Minnesota’s “deep threat” Jerome Simpson.

The entire NFL laughs at the vikings.
    —————————————–

Yeah and the entire world laughs at Wisconsin…

I’ve never understood why people insult geographical areas when they’re from the same geographical area.

That’s like saying your identical twin is ugly.

Yes, I know you are in DC, but you’re either from Minny or a bandwagoner.

14. dcviking says: Oct 18, 2012 6:36 PM

@tokyosandblaster –

I wouldn’t call them identical twins, but maybe siblings. And show me siblings that don’t insult each other even though they’re from the same family.

Likewise, if you think the entire NFL is laughing at the Vikings, the Redskins fans out here are taking greater pleasure in Dallas’s struggles (even though they just beat the Vikings) and the Raven’s fans are more concerned about the Steelers failings than anything related to Minnesota.

I was simply responding to your generalization with a generalization of own.

BTW – I’m from Minn.

15. axespray says: Oct 19, 2012 2:42 PM

Rams defense is good…
    Rodgers and The O have to be patient…
    Score 20 to 27 points…

Defense will beat up on the Rams offense.
    so just be patient and clinch the win.