PFT’s Week Seven picks

Dallas Cowboys v Baltimore Ravens Getty Images

Last week was one of those crazy Costanza weeks, when in hindsight it made sense to make our picks and then do the opposite.  Both MDS and yours truly were 6-8 for the week.  Six up, eight down.  Denver’s stunning comeback knocked me under .500 and allowed MDS to salvage a tie for the Week Six contest, since we disagreed on two games.  (The Redskins came through for me . . . finally.)

This week, there won’t be a tie unless there’s a tie in one of the three games on which we disagree.  Scroll down to see where we stand on the various comments.

And as to whether this week we made our picks and then did the opposite, our official comment is, “No comment.”

For the year, I’m at 55-36, and MDS is 53-38.

Seahawks at 49ers

MDS’s take: The NFC West is far more competitive than anyone expected, and the winner of this game has to be viewed as the favorite to win the division. I like the 49ers to come in focused after Sunday’s dismal loss to the Giants and easily handle the Seahawks.

MDS’s pick: 49ers 23, Seahawks 6.

Florio’s take:  The Niners got a rude awakening from the Giants.  And so the Niners will be wide awake when the Seahawks blow in to town for a better-than-expected primetime showdown.  Home team gets the edge, especially since the home team was embarrassed on Sunday.

Florio’s pick:  49ers 20, Seahawks 10.

Titans at Bills

MDS’s take: Both of these teams are coming off their best wins of the season, but the Bills were the team whose win looked like something they can build on, because their defense finally stopped somebody. They’ll stop Matt Hasselbeck and Chris Johnson on Sunday, too.

MDS’s pick: Bills 20, Titans 13.

Florio’s take:  The rematch of the Music City Miracle game won’t be played in the Music City, and a miracle likely won’t be happening.  Last week, the Titans stole one from a diminished Steelers team, and the Bills showed resilience.  Playing at home with a share of first (and fourth) place in the division, Buffalo should be able to stay on the right track.  At least for now.

Florio’s pick:  Bills 27, Titans 17.

Cowboys at Panthers

MDS’s take: I’ve been on the Panthers’ bandwagon all year, and although I should probably know better by now, I still believe Carolina is better than its record suggests.

MDS’s pick: Panthers 21, Cowboys 20.

Florio’s take:  The consistently inconsistent Cowboys played well and lost on Sunday in Baltimore.  They’re due to play poorly and win in Carolina against a Panthers team that has figured out how to consistently play poorly and lose.

Florio’s pick:  Cowboys 24, Panthers 20.

Ravens at Texans

MDS’s take: The only two teams with winning records in the AFC face off in a game that we might look back on in January as the game that decided home-field advantage in the playoffs. I think the team with home-field advantage takes this one, bouncing back from last week’s ugly loss to the Packers.

MDS’s pick: Texans 24, Ravens 14.

Florio’s take:  The Texans’ pride is wounded.  The Ravens are simply wounded.  If Houston doesn’t get things back on track quickly, a tailspin could be coming.  They’ve got the rushing attack to get there — and the Ravens don’t have the defense to stop them.

Florio’s pick:  Texans 27, Ravens 20.

Browns at Colts

MDS’s take: Andrew Luck has the brighter future, but right now I’m not sure he’s a better quarterback than Brandon Weeden, who’s playing better as a rookie than he gets credit for. As inspiring as their win over the Packers two weeks ago was, the Colts’ loss to the Jets exposed a lot of holes, and I like the Browns to make it two wins in a row.

MDS’s pick: Browns 21, Colts 20.

Florio’s take:  Potent at home and sluggish on the road, Indy matches its win total from Peyton Manning’s rookie season against a Brown team that is still basking in the afterglow of that elusive first win of the season.  And Jimmy could be getting upset.

Florio’s pick:  Colts 30, Browns 24.

Cardinals at Vikings

MDS’s take: The Cardinals’ defense and special teams are good enough to keep them in any game, but the Cardinals’ offense is bad enough to lose any game. Jared Allen will make life miserable for John Skelton and the Vikings will win.

MDS’s pick: Vikings 17, Cardinals 7.

Florio’s take:  Former Vikings ballboy Larry Fitzgerald has never won in Minnesota.  That’s not likely to change on Sunday as he makes what likely will be his final trip to the soon-to-be-imploded Metrodome.

Florio’s pick:  Vikings 23, Cardinals 14.

Redskins at Giants

MDS’s take: The Redskins beat the Giants twice last year, and they have an enormous opportunity on Sunday to show they can really hang with the big boys.  But while Robert Griffin III has been a sensational rookie quarterback, the Redskins are still a ways off from being a complete and elite team.

MDS’s pick: Giants 31, Redskins 14.

Florio’s take:  If the Redskins hadn’t swept the Giants last year, this is precisely the kind of game that the Giants would have lost.  Instead, one of the best teams in the NFC will continue its climb back toward the postseason.

Florio’s pick:  Giants 31, Redskins 20.

Packers at Rams

MDS’s take: How many people predicted before the season that both of these teams would be 3-3 when they met in Week Seven? Certainly not me. The Rams could make a huge statement that they’re real contenders by winning this one, but the Packers already made their statement last week in Houston, and now it’s time for Green Bay to start separating itself from the NFC pack.

MDS’s pick: Packers 24, Rams 10.

Florio’s take:  It was only a matter of time before the Packers found the gas pedal.  If they can dismantle the Texans in their own building, the Packers can outscore the Rams in theirs.

Florio’s pick:  Packers 31, Rams 17.

Saints at Buccaneers

MDS’s take: There may still be time for the Saints to turn their season around, but I just don’t see it happening. The bottom line for the Saints is that their defense is a mess, and Drew Brees can’t win a game all by himself. The Bucs will win and get to .500.

MDS’s pick: Buccaneers 24, Saints 20.

Florio’s take:  Last year, when the Saints were great and the Bucs were anything but, New Orleans couldn’t win in Tampa.  And so it makes sense for the Saints, who genuinely believe they can turn this thing around, to roll into Raymond James Stadium and rack up plenty of points.

Florio’s pick:  Saints 31, Buccaneers 25.

Jets at Patriots

MDS’s take: Rex Ryan wants the Patriots to know that he thinks the Jets will win, but I don’t think too many people agree with Rex. The AFC East standings say the division is wide open, but the reality is that the Patriots are heavy favorites, and they’ll take a big step toward proving that on Sunday.

MDS’s pick: Patriots 34, Jets 10.

Florio’s take:  The Jets have their swagger back.  But it’s a week-to-week thing.  And this week the swagger takes a break as the Pats once again work to put a game they should have won behind them.

Florio’s pick:  Patriots 30, Jets 23.

Jaguars at Raiders

MDS’s take: This looks to me like Sunday’s worst game, a matchup of two teams going nowhere. But the Raiders are closer to getting somewhere than the Jaguars.

MDS’s pick: Raiders 23, Jaguars 13.

Florio’s take:  If no one watches this game, will it actually be played?  Unfortunately, yes.

Florio’s pick:  Raiders 17, Jaguars 9.

Steelers at Bengals

MDS’s take: A.J. Green can make a lot of big plays against that old and slow Steelers defense, but the Steelers will put a lot of points up on the weak Bengals defense, too. There’s a part of me that feels like this is the game when the Bengals establish themselves as up-and-comers in the AFC North, but a bigger part of me thinks the Steelers find a way to hold the Bengals off.

MDS’s pick: Steelers 35, Bengals 34.

Florio’s take:  The Bengals couldn’t beat the Steelers or Ravens last year when the Bengals were good.  This year, the Bengals aren’t as good.  But neither are the Steelers.  Where’s my Magic 8-Ball when I need it?

Florio’s pick:  Steelers 24, Bengals 21.

Lions at Bears

MDS’s take: The Lions saved their season with a come-from-behind overtime win over the Eagles, but back-to-back road wins will be too much for Detroit fans to ask for. The Bears will remain in the NFC North lead and the Lions will remain in the basement.

MDS’s pick: Bears 20, Lions 17.

Florio’s take:  The Lions think they have their edge back.  The reality is the Eagles gave them a gift.  The Bears won’t be quite so charitable.

Florio’s pick:  Bears 30, Lions 17.

Permalink 64 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Features, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
64 Responses to “PFT’s Week Seven picks”
  1. bigbluebrother says: Oct 18, 2012 9:54 AM

Been a NY Giants fan for over 50 years, but I have to admit, Robert Griffin is a rare talent that I just can’t see anyone on our defense stop. I’d venture to say Griffin is better than any player to ever suit up for the NY Giants. As I sit here in my big blue mancave with my big blue cup of coffee, I just realized how much the Redskins really are and I just pray we’ll get a talent like RGIII in the future. I admire the great Redskins tradition, fans and fightsong and I doubt the NY Giants will ever reach that historic level of tradition.

2. trollhammer20 says: Oct 18, 2012 9:57 AM

As a Seattle fan….thanks! ‘Hawks are 3-0 this year when you both pick against them, so I consider this to be a positive sign for tonight.

3. kingmj4891 says: Oct 18, 2012 9:57 AM

Florio’s take: The Lions think they have their edge back. The reality is the Eagles gave them a gift. The Bears won’t be quite so charitable.

Actually it depends on which Jay Cutler shows up.

If the baller Jay shows up then the Lions are in trouble.

If the cry baby Jay shows up then the Lions have this one in the bag by at least two TDs.

I say it is a 50/50 shot on this game and I will not be putting any money down this week.

4. bigbluenationdb says: Oct 18, 2012 10:01 AM

Bigbluebrother – your an idiot and probably a classless Skin fan. Washington can take their gay fight song and shove it. The Skins have a tradition of losing since Danny boy took over. Great business man but terrible owner

5. Josh says: Oct 18, 2012 10:02 AM

Wow bigbluebrother this is LITERALLY the dumbest quote I’ve ever seen in my entire life:

“I’d venture to say Griffin is better than any player to ever suit up for the NY Giants.”

The Giants currently have a two time Super Bowl MVP & Hall of Fame caliber QB in Eli Manning and you’re saying that a rookie QB is better than ANY player the team has ever had? You need to have your head examined.

6. blackfootkiller says: Oct 18, 2012 10:03 AM

‘and easily handle the Seahawks.’
    What a dope…
    C’mon man, you do this for a living.
    Even if the 9′ers do win this game it WON’T be easy.

7. lightcleric says: Oct 18, 2012 10:04 AM

My gut says to go with the Redskins but I just can’t pick against the Giants anymore, every time I have they’ve gone out and trucked the other team.

I’m very curious to see which Alex Smith shows up against the Seahawks.

8. herwordskillyou says: Oct 18, 2012 10:05 AM

——————————————————

what is this i dont even

9. imbetterthanyou says: Oct 18, 2012 10:06 AM

bigbluebrother

what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10. lippy4246 says: Oct 18, 2012 10:10 AM

@bigbluebrother

Stay away from crack…it’s whack!

11. pepsilvia says: Oct 18, 2012 10:11 AM

@bigbluebrother

not sure why youre getting downvoted for being such a class act. some people on this site dont know how to show respect.

12. southpaw2k says: Oct 18, 2012 10:14 AM

Wow, you really think the Ravens will only lose Sunday by roughly 7-10 points? I’d be pretty impressed if it’s that close.

Texans win, 30-14.

13. paythevig says: Oct 18, 2012 10:15 AM

Niner Fan here,

Another humbling loss and another tough battle on the docket. Playing Seattle will be very tough as both teams are pretty much evenly matched. I wouldn’t sleep on the seahawks. They remind me of last year’s 49ers team, and have taken down some pretty big contenders so far. This is our first division game and hopefully we can show up this week. If it wasn’t for last weeks horrid display, i’d feel better about this matchup. The Special Teams is nowhere near as effective as it was last season, and the Defense isn’t getting the same pressure on the QB with a simple 4-man rush. Vic needs to dial in a few more blitzes. Our offense was supposed to be much more improved than last year.

As anyone who watches this team play – their bread and butter on offense is the running game. A solid dose of runs, with great field position (Specail Teams) and a top tier rushing defense to force teams to throw. Last year, when we took away a team’s ground game, that’s the only reason a 4 man rush was effective. We are not built to play from behind. Clearly.

In the two losses, the 49ers deviated from what works from an offensive perspective, trying to get cute, and establish a passing identity. I wish the coaching staff can compile a gameplan to take advantage of a team’s strengths, rather than force the issue to prove doubters and the media wrong.

30 rushes, 20 Throws, Field Position, and stop the run.

That’s what this team is built for.

Good game Seattle, this one’s for the top spot in one of the best divisions in the league.

14. ahostiletakeover says: Oct 18, 2012 10:19 AM

I expect my Ravens will lose this one to a very good Texans team at home, possibly steaming over their first loss, even before the inept run defense and injuries I chalked this one up as a likely loss.

That said, I think last week may have helped galvanize BOTH teams into something better. Can’t really speak too much on the Texans, but the Packers had their way with a solid Texans secondary last week and the Ravens put together 3 long scoring drives for TDs against another solid defense in the Cowboys, oh and they did all of those in 4 minutes or less. The Ravens defense is simply going to have to strive for being a situational unit to support the offense and special teams. Say what you will about their poor defense because its not getting any better, but their offense continues to be a top unit in the league this year.

15. realnflmaster says: Oct 18, 2012 10:23 AM

JETS ARE GOING TO CRUSH CHEATERS/

16. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 18, 2012 10:24 AM

I agree with a lot of these picks…

I think that the Vikings are getting the cards at the right time, so they should win this one, then against the Bears at home, and that’s about it.

The Bears could lose easily to the Lions, it just depends on if the lions can generate even a moderate pass rush. It doesn’t take much to turn Cutler into a little girl.

The Packers should destroy the Rams, but they’ve had a habit of playing to the level of their opponent, so they could come out flat.

I think the Saints take this game quite easily.

17. r8rsfan says: Oct 18, 2012 10:25 AM

I know the Raiders vs. Jags will have at least one person watching (me) so yes, it will be played. And the dirt infield will be sodded (sp) so they won’t have to play on a baseball field for a change.

18. mrstinkypants says: Oct 18, 2012 10:25 AM

You guys are both still better percentage-wise than that “Hammerin’ Hank” Greenberg on ESPN. That guy must be on crack when he makes his picks.

19. tcmiller30 says: Oct 18, 2012 10:25 AM

Go Bills! That is all.

20. zeuslizard says: Oct 18, 2012 10:27 AM

I guess MDS wasn’t PERMANENTLY off the Bills bandwagon now was he…

21. staffordsrightbicep says: Oct 18, 2012 10:29 AM

Sorry, but the Bears just aren’t that good. They haven’t played a team with a front defensive line like Detroit’s yet this year- ask the Eagles (and their awful o-line, much like Chicago’s) and Mike Vick what that feels like. The Lions D ragdolling Jay a few times is all it will take for Crybaby Cutler to unleash, and then we have the game in the bag.

It’s amazing the analysts mostly pick the Lions losing by more than a TD. Hasn’t been the case yet this year. I’m thinking Lions 27 – 20, and that’s being generous.

22. irongershwin says: Oct 18, 2012 10:32 AM

Dude, you are definitely a Redskins fan. ” I just pray we’ll get a talent like RGIII in the future.” What about this guy the Giants have. I think his name is Eli Manning. 2 Super Bowl Win’s and 2 Super Bowl MVP awards. Maybe you heard of him.

23. jhein23 says: Oct 18, 2012 10:32 AM

Bears will lose at least 3-4 more games this year because of Cutler. The defense will win the rest of them.

24. bigdawg24 says: Oct 18, 2012 10:33 AM

You guys forgot a game:

BYE 6, Chiefs 0

25. rtant2013 says: Oct 18, 2012 10:34 AM

I think this game between the Giants and Redskins will be one of the best games of the year. It’s always a fight between the two, but now the Skins have a very good offense, and I have a feeling a lot of points are going to be put up on the scoreboard. I don’t see the Giants D stopping the Skins offense, and I don’t see the Skins D being able to stop the giants offense. But the Skins D has came up with some big plays with picks and fumbles for tds. I think that’ll be the difference, but it will be a very very good game.

26. jimmysee says: Oct 18, 2012 10:34 AM

bigbluenationdb says:
    Oct 18, 2012 10:01 AM

———————————————————

Injecting a little humor here? Or simply irony?

The only idiot here is the Jints fan who doesn’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re.”

27. juke1220 says: Oct 18, 2012 10:35 AM

Eagles gave the Lions a gift last week? Really? I guess that is why we dominated the line of scrimmage…. because they let us. C’mon Florio!

28. kirkcousins says: Oct 18, 2012 10:37 AM

@bigbluebrother.

LMFAO.

29. 1uniquename says: Oct 18, 2012 10:37 AM

@bigbluebrother

I’m not a Giants fan at all (fins) but dude RG3 has played 6 games, people were saying simliar things about Cam Newton last year and hes come back down to earth. They all come back down to earth eventually and until you win multiple super bowls RG3 cant even be considered better than Ahmad Bradshaw or Hakeem Nicks let alone Giant greats like Eli or Lawrence Taylor, who was also at one point considered the player with the most talent in the NFL. NFL schemes will mold to RG3 and slow him down tremendously and it will probably start this week vs a stout Giants D-Line. Get back to me in 5-8 years after RG3 has taken the Redskins to the Super Bowl and won it at least once and then come with a greatest player ever comment, that was just nuts.

30. apollo61084 says: Oct 18, 2012 10:41 AM

This is three weeks in a row that both of you east coast hacks have picked against the Seattle Seahawks, and so far you are 0-4 to show for it. Maybe they will win tonight and maybe they won’t, but its about time you give the Pacific NW its due as an elite defense, (YES, better than the 49ers based on whom we have played) and an offense that gained MAJOR confidence last week.

Seattle 19 San Fran 17.

Oh by the way… Maybe it’s not a ‘Costanza’ week… Maybe you two just can’t see past your biases and see that the NFL landscape is changing and Seattle is on the rise!

31. kirkcousins says: Oct 18, 2012 10:45 AM

Bob Griffin is about to show just what a great player he is. Bob Griffin is about to light the NFL on fire. Bob Griffin is about the make the NFL and Osi Umeynoria his little sick pet.

CANT WAIT

32. fvckyourmother says: Oct 18, 2012 10:51 AM

The Redskins are going to beat the Giants. You can take that to the bank.

33. victorycruz says: Oct 18, 2012 10:53 AM

Can’t you guys tell that bigbluebrother is the same guy that is like 4 other screen names on here. Most notably the guy that always ended his posts with “brother”. Pay no attention to the troll, cause it will only continue to feed him. No Giants fan in their right mind would ever say anything as idiotic. At this point everyone knows that Eli Manning > RGIII. When RGIII get’s atleast 1 SB, and 1 SB MVP, then come back and talk troll. Can’t wait to whoop up on those sorry @$$ Skins this Sunday so it will finally shut you up. (For at least a week, lol)

34. skins23 says: Oct 18, 2012 10:56 AM

I guess I’m smarter than all the Giants fans who don’t realize bigbluebrother was being sarcastic. You really think he thinks Griffin is better than LT and all the other Giants greats? And the Giants tradition isn’t as good as the Redskins? Pretty sure he was just mocking our QB.

Anyways, I predict a tough hard game but I think the Giants will squeak one out. 27-20.

35. sj39 says: Oct 18, 2012 11:04 AM

Watch the Rams beat the Packers.

36. classactcalvin81 says: Oct 18, 2012 11:11 AM

These guys picks r so insane but the quotes to go along with the picks r even more ridiculous!! Yes I am a huge Lions Fan but anybody who watched the Eagles Lions game last week knows that the Lions dominated them most of the game ( I know the score didn’t tell that same story most of the game ) and u say we got a gift!! I’m not gonna sit here and say that we r gonna go in and crush the Bears like all of the Bears fans have said about us but just remember those four picks last year in Chi-Town were the result of a broken finger, this year y’all won’t b that lucky!! Man I cannot wait til Monday night! LEGGOOOOO D!!

37. johnnycamparm says: Oct 18, 2012 11:36 AM

Can’t you all see that bigbluebrother is the same guy who also uses the names hulkhogansays , logicalthinkersays and steelernationfartsinyourfaceandwinschampionships?

38. goldrush36 says: Oct 18, 2012 11:39 AM

Bigbluebrother IS another login for hulk/logic/voice. Really usn’t that hard to figure out people. He can never leave out the part of wishing to have a talent like RG3.

39. hendawg21 says: Oct 18, 2012 11:41 AM

Say what you will, however, the Redskins beat the Giants twice last year convincinly with Rex Grossman @ QB… I’d take my chances in Vegas and take the Skins in this one for the same reason most are picking the Giants (no way they beat them for a 3rd time). Sure the Giants have plenty of motivation after losing twice last year…but have to believe being a division game both teams have more than enough motivation to bring their “A” game…I think it’ll come down to turnovers and oddly enough Eli has only one passing TD against Washington and more turnovers then against any other NFC teams…should be a good and interesting matchup…

40. Satan's Valet says: Oct 18, 2012 11:53 AM

@realnflmaster

Sal Alosi knows how to slow down the Patriots offense, but I don’t think you’ll like it.

PS. People who type all in caps have less to say than those who don’t.

41. tombradyswig says: Oct 18, 2012 12:04 PM

well at least we know one thing…
    eagles wont blow a 4th qtr lead this week!!

42. ihaterogergoodell says: Oct 18, 2012 12:16 PM

staffordsrightbicep says: Oct 18, 2012 10:29 AM

————————————————————

LOL! I’m not saying the Bears win this one (I think it could go either way), but I’m not overly concerned by the Lions’ supposed defense. They lost to the TITANS, who have the WORST offensive rankings in the NFL (Offensive DVOA -28.1%). They gave 44 points to them. Whatever you’re smoking, I want it!

43. lionsdraftguy says: Oct 18, 2012 12:18 PM

Everyone is counting the Lions out on this one. The Lions havent played to their potential ONCE this season. The Bears have. We know what that team is about. If the Lions dont show up, the Bears will win. If the Lions wake up offensively, the Bears defense will be questioned, which they should have already since theyve played cupcake offenses anyway.

44. dukemarc says: Oct 18, 2012 12:36 PM

trollhammer20 says:
    Oct 18, 2012 9:57 AM
    As a Seattle fan….thanks! ‘Hawks are 3-0* this year when you both pick against them, so I consider this to be a positive sign for tonight.
    —————-

Fixed

45. tucostacos says: Oct 18, 2012 1:13 PM

Yeah, Cutler the cry baby is 9-1 in his last 10 starts…yeah, this guy should be cut.

And for the goof who says the Bears haven’t played a good D line yet? They’ve played Green Bay, Dallas and St Louis…not a slouch among the 3.

46. snargi01 says: Oct 18, 2012 1:14 PM

apollo61084 says: Oct 18, 2012 10:41 AM

Seattle 19 San Fran 17.

—————————-

You could say that the ‘Hawks have major confidence now; or you could say that they might suffer a serious letdown after such a highly emotional win beating a team they weren’t supposed to beat by one point.

Then again, you could say that last week’s loss broke their will and they will fade; or you can say a very good Niners team is going to looking for blood after a very embarrassing loss.

49er 24, Seahawks 13.

47. dino2997 says: Oct 18, 2012 1:17 PM

I find it amusing how Lions fans are posting here thinking their team has their swagger back and calling Cutler a crybaby. Newsflash..one of the two QB’s that will play on Monday looks like a baby and it’s not Cutler.

Bears win this easily 34-17

48. hor2012 says: Oct 18, 2012 1:43 PM

I’m a Saints fan so I’ll be surprised if we’re in the playoffs. But, one of things I’ve noticed this year that thier not any dominate teams. I’m thinking 12 and 4 may get you a number 1 seed this year. As far as the picks go the Saints will beat the bucks 38 to 24

49. seahawkfan4evr says: Oct 18, 2012 1:52 PM

hell will freeze over before the niners hang 23 on this seattle defense. the number one offense in the nfl scored 23 and you think the niners will i laugh at you.
    seattle 24
    sanfran 14

50. formyministy says: Oct 18, 2012 2:03 PM

dino2997 says:
    Oct 18, 2012 1:17 PM
    ——————————-

do you also find it amusing that one of these quarterbacks has thrown a td with a separated shoulder, and the other one had an “injured” knee which didn’t cause him to even limp, but kept him not only from playing but also from helping his backup in a PLAYOFF game?

-cause i do.

51. blu4l1fe says: Oct 18, 2012 2:11 PM

Should be a good game between the Skins and the Gmen. Washington seems to be figuring out what’s working for them both offensively and defensively. But being a Giants fan, especially in the 3 plus years, including the championship years, I am quite used to their consistent inconsistency. Nothing wrong with that, I have actually quite gotten used to it.

And I don’t listen or read into all of these predictions anymore, because as history shows, the Giants seem to win when no one picks them, which again, I am quite fine with (see past NYG vs. NE SBs and last week’s NYG vs. SF game).

But with that being said, I am sorry but I still love the Giants chances. I am hoping for a good close game so it can, at least be, worthwhile to watch.

52. classactcalvin81 says: Oct 18, 2012 2:39 PM

@IHateRogerGoodell

Ppl like u amaze me the D didn’t give up 44 to them 2 Tds were return Tds, 1td was a Pettigrew strip fumble took back for a Td, and the last FG they made in OT the replacement refs gave them 12 yds to put them right in FG range dummy!!!! That’s 24 PTS right there since I’m pretty sure u can’t add either!! If u don’t watch Lions games then don’t comment something u don’t know.. Actually our D has been somewhat solid this year considering all the 3 and outs we r getting….And now that we got Delma’s back we look a lot tougher!!

53. formyministy says: Oct 18, 2012 3:02 PM

dino2997 says:
    Oct 18, 2012 1:17 PM Since it’s such a concern why don’t you look up Cutler’s stats against the Lions. He’s absolutely carved up the Lions defense in every single game he’s faced.
    ———————-
    so, “carved up” is averaging 202 yards a game and 1.4 td’s a game? or maybe you were just referring to last year, when he averaged 186 yards a game and .5 td’s. that’s one td COMBINED for two games. carved up…lol

54. 4ever85 (aka Butch DeadLift) says: Oct 18, 2012 3:10 PM

Of course ppl will watch the Raider-Jags game, millions in fact, as long as McFadden and MJD are suiting up. They’re called FF players.

This is why the NFL has now embraced FF to the point that it has its own show on the network, and streaming stats frequently appear at the bottom of any given game.

55. 4ever85 (aka Butch DeadLift) says: Oct 18, 2012 3:20 PM

————————

Cupcake Offenses? The Bears limited Rodgers to ONE TD. That’s the same Rodgers which made the Texans look like a JV team. The Bears lost that game due to SP teams and turnovers, which is rare for them.

And it’s not as if the Colt’s O is inept either. Just ask the Packers.

Take away Megatron, and Stafford must beat teams with Burlson and Pettigrew. Good luck with that.

56. 8to80texansblog says: Oct 18, 2012 4:16 PM

4ever85 (aka Butch DeadLift) says:
    Oct 18, 2012 3:20 PM

___________

Good luck with that. Apparently not even the Madden Curse can take away Megatron. Sure as hell, no defense has taken him away.

On pace for 1700+ yds. I’m a Houston fan and I have no doubt who the best WR named Johnson is RIGHT NOW.

57. meytonpanning says: Oct 18, 2012 5:18 PM

I’m picking

Seahawks 17-13(I can’t see a backup left tackle doing a good job against the Seahawks defense)

Vikings 24-10 (The Vikings d-line against Arizona’s o-line is gonna be really, really ugly)

Cowboys 27-17(all about the guys up front, and Dallas’ front 7 is enough to stop Cam Newton right now)

Bucs 34-31

Rams 24-23 (I feel like Jeff Fisher can craft together a good gameplan for this one and manage the clock)

Giants 41-38

Texans 27-17

Titans 24-17 (Watch for Johnson to get around 90-100yds and a score, and Hasselback to go for 300yds+ and 2 scores with no picks)

Browns 24-20 (It doesn’t matter who’s running for the Browns as they are pretty well guaranteed 100yds on the ground and at least a score).

Pats 34-17 (I predict Tebow going for 100yds on the ground, but the Pats won’t lose this)

Raiders 31-17 (Carson Palmer will have a good day, and so will McFadden)

Bengals 28-24 (AJ Green goes for over 100 and one score, and the Bengals offense will dominate)

Bears 34-31 (This will be the most exciting game of the year, so far, watch for OT)

58. tonyarnold2 says: Oct 18, 2012 8:26 PM

Coming from a (huge) Ravens fan, I can’t see us leaving Houston with a win on Sunday. It’s a road game, which have been very tough for the Ravens this year. The Texans are going to be angry coming off that devastating loss for the Packers. But even if you ignore that, we could actually still win. IF we weren’t down Lardarius Webb, Terrell Suggs, and Ray Lewis. Those guys are the best 3 players on our defense besides Ed Reed and without them, the Ravens’ chances of winning this Sunday are very low.

59. kingkreg12 says: Oct 19, 2012 1:41 AM

Sad how everyone rips the first guy commenting for being classy. Then people follow it up by stating that Eli is that special is amazingly funny. Guy has had one good season and everyone forgets how bad he was his whole career. Even the SB in 07 where he laughably won an MVP Eli salvaged what was a terrible season with a miracle joke of a pass.

When all is said and done, RG III will go down as much better than Eli. 2 rings is great but had little to do with Eli.

60. dino2997 says: Oct 19, 2012 2:08 AM

formyministy says:
    Oct 18, 2012 3:02 PM

————————————————-

Carving up is Cutler’s 5-1 record against the Lions with a 105.0 passer rating with a 10 – 1 TD/INT ratio. Yes, I looked it up. Any more questions?

61. dino2997 says: Oct 19, 2012 2:09 AM

formyministy says:
    Oct 18, 2012 2:03 PM

-cause i do.

———————————————–

Hmm, I wonder which QB has actually won a playoff game?

-cause i do.

62. randallflagg52 says: Oct 19, 2012 4:33 AM

MDS’s take: A.J. Green can make a lot of big plays against that old and slow Steelers defense.

==================================

See steeler fans, everyone sees your defense for what it really is! 8-8 for you, if you’re lucky…

63. 4dabears says: Oct 19, 2012 8:00 AM

@staffordsrightbicep… With a straight face, you seriously said the Bears are just not that good? If that ain’t the pot calling the kettle black!

64. hatersweargreen says: Oct 19, 2012 11:53 AM

bigbluebrother.

google search lawrence taylor before you go calling RG3 the greatest player blah blah blah.