Jennings, Perry, Raji all out for Packers

B+J+Raji+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Green+Bay+p6jsL012bXtl

The Packers ruled out four players on Friday, including defensive tackle B.J. Raji.

Raji was able to return to practice in limited fashion on Thursday, but that now looks like laying groundwork for Week Eight against Jacksonville. He injured his ankle against the Colts and missed last week’s resounding victory over the Texans. He will be joined on the sideline by linebacker Nick Perry, who was hurt in that Texans game and missed practice all week as a result. Erik Walden’s playing time against the Rams will likely increase with Perry out of the lineup.

Wide receiver Greg Jennings is out as well, the fourth time he’s been on the sidelines out of seven games this season. While speaking to the media Friday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said that Jennings was getting closer and that the team is holding out hope that he’ll be able to return from his groin injury for the game against the Jaguars.

Cornerback Sam Shields was also ruled out by the Packers. He was forced out of the Texans game with a shin injury — throw in linebacker D.J. Smith’s injury for a full sense of how bad an evening it was injury-wise for Green Bay — and was replaced by Jarrett Bush. That will likely be the Packers’ plan again this week against St. Louis.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams
24 Responses to “Jennings, Perry, Raji all out for Packers”
  1. cletusvandam says: Oct 19, 2012 2:58 PM

It seems like so long ago that Jennings was a really good WR.

2. castleofcheese says: Oct 19, 2012 2:58 PM

Ouch…

3. shaggytoodle says: Oct 19, 2012 3:01 PM

Hopefully they play as weel as they did last week, and those injuries won’t matter.

4. aaronrodgersbelt says: Oct 19, 2012 3:14 PM

Hopefully Davon House can replace shields. If Bush is forced to play…makes me want to cry just thinking about it.

5. whatjusthapped says: Oct 19, 2012 3:19 PM

Bush couldn’t cover his grandmother in a wheel chair, I don’t know why Capers insists on using him as a DB since he has proven to be a liability if asked to take 2 snaps in a row. He’s good for one play as long as the QB doesn’t notice and get to call a play to throw at his WR, who is always wide open.

6. deltaoracle says: Oct 19, 2012 3:45 PM

They’ve got Hayworth and maybe House; why in God’s name would they want to put Bush out there? Might do better to have Pickett play CB.

7. skittlesareyum says: Oct 19, 2012 3:46 PM

oh god no

8. scoops1 says: Oct 19, 2012 3:47 PM

I just had a flashback to the 2010 season

9. gwhempel says: Oct 19, 2012 3:48 PM

I would imagine that Casey Hayward will get a lot of playing time with Shields out. He certainly deserves it. Three picks in the last two games. He might already be the second best CB on the team.

10. killface4prez says: Oct 19, 2012 3:55 PM

This is a pretty familiar routine. Let me see if I can guess how this plays out.

1) Jarrett Bush gets the start and seems to hold up through the first couple of series.

2) Jarrett Bush gives up a big play or two late in the 1st quarter

3) Smelling blood, Sam Bradford continually gashes the Packers by throwing to whomever Jarrett Bush is unlucky enough to be matched up over. Yards start piling up in bunches.

4) Jarrett gets beat for a long touchdown at the end of the half.

5) Capers loses faith at halftime and Bush only plays in dime situations for the remainder of the game.

Can we just skip right to 5 and spare everyone the agony?

11. chi01town says: Oct 19, 2012 4:01 PM

Hope is being used a lot on this site when talking about Greenbay. Well I have a hope of my own… Take out Rodgers for a few weeks thats what I HOPE the RAMS do

12. jessethegreat says: Oct 19, 2012 5:04 PM

Though I hate when bush is forced to play on d, he’s still an excellent special teams player. Can’t believe no one has said it yet, do “Next Man Up”. As long as Rodgers is still breathing, this team will make the playoffs, and if they get hot at the right time (as we’ve seen in the past) the injuries just might not matter.

13. vikescry1 says: Oct 19, 2012 5:06 PM

chi01town says:
    Oct 19, 2012 4:01 PM

——————————————————————————————————————————————————– leave it up to a bears fan to HOPE another team helps them out. maybe what you folks in puketown should HOPE for is your team actually can beat a team with a winning record. HOPE your team doesn’t get your qb killed next time they face the packers.

14. uwsptke says: Oct 19, 2012 5:30 PM

chi01town says:
    Oct 19, 2012 4:01 PM

You are a sick, miserable, pathetic excuse for a human being. Not one week goes by where you don’t wish bodily harm on Aaron Rodgers. I know it sucks that you’ve had to endure over 20 years of elite quarterback play from Green Bay against your Bears, but you need to let it go. Get over the fact that daddy didn’t love you and do something more constructive with your massive amount of free time.

15. bowmanj35 says: Oct 19, 2012 5:40 PM

bush is garbage as a DB

16. packerbacker12 says: Oct 19, 2012 5:49 PM

The last time Jarrett Bush started was in Week 1 against San Francisco and he played horribly so there is no doubt in my mind Casey Hayward deserves the start. Bush is best at special teams and that is where he should stay.

17. packersownerandshareholder says: Oct 19, 2012 5:58 PM

Next. Man. Up. This season is beginning to look like the 2010 Super Bowl season in more ways than one. This is why Ted Thompson and the depth he has built on this team, through the Draft and Develop philosophy, are so key and the reason this team can, and I believe will, continue to win games this year. GO PACK GO

18. chi01town says: Oct 19, 2012 7:48 PM

Its ok for packers fans to say anything they want to about Cutler an the Bears as long as the packers are winning BUT NOW the Bears are in first place so Im wrong for saying I wanna see Rodgers get put out for the season. Well I said it anyway. I also said the packers will be lucky to be 7/9 this season

19. killface4prez says: Oct 19, 2012 9:58 PM

You know what my favorite season ever was? 2001, when the Bears went 13-3.

Unfortunately, 66.7% of those losses were to the Packers. Listening to Chicago fans on sports talk radio going apoplectic that they lost twice to the packers during their dream season was a thing of beauty.

And then of course the Bears got clubbed in the playoffs, at home, against the Beagles. It truly was a great time to be alive.

20. riverace19 says: Oct 20, 2012 12:32 AM

Chi01town… Bringing Idiot to a new level

21. binarybulge says: Oct 20, 2012 4:26 AM

chi01town says:
    Oct 19, 2012 7:48 PM

Check back with us later after your Bears get spanked by GB a second time. Also check back with us if the Bears manage to win the division again only to watch from home as GB plays in another Super Bowl.

22. bears354 says: Oct 20, 2012 4:41 AM

Anyone who roots for injury is not well in the head.

23. chi01town says: Oct 20, 2012 3:35 PM

packers fans need to worry about the Rams cause right now your 500. team is in the basement with the Lions. HOLD THE CHEESE

24. chi01town says: Oct 20, 2012 3:40 PM

Hold the cheese… Brett Farve an the 15/1 season is gone. packers fans you are not threw wishing for Farve Yet.. wait til the end of this season