Terrell Suggs will travel to Houston, but not expected to play

Terrell+Suggs+AFC+Championship+Baltimore+Ravens+NznpHDPLrVUl Getty Images

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs will be available on Sunday in Houston, but he’ll probably be watching the game against the Texans from the sideline, in street clothes.

Suggs, who wants to play just days after being cleared to return to practice after an offseason Achilles tendon injury, will travel to Houston with the team, according to ESPN’s Ed Werder.

But while reports this week said Suggs wants to play Sunday, it sounds like the Ravens don’t believe he’s ready. A source told the Baltimore Sun, “He’s not playing.”

The Ravens do not have to list Suggs on their injury report because he has not officially been activated, and coach John Harbaugh admitted he’s intentionally being coy about Suggs’ status.

“If I knew, I wouldn’t tell you,” Harbaugh told reporters. “I don’t know that I know or what I know and I don’t know and I’m not sure and we’ll have to see. That about sums it up. In all seriousness, he’s done a really good job. This is a very serious injury. He’s working hard. Us not putting it out there and the fact that we practiced him all week, we’re not too interested in them knowing one way or the other. If he is playing, we don’t want them to know he’s playing. If he’s not playing, then how would I say that? We don’t want them to know that. You get my point, right? Give him credit, he’s done a heck of a job. He’s getting in football shape I don’t want to diminish that at all. We’ll just see how it goes.”

The Ravens will likely try to keep the Texans guessing until it’s time to turn in the list of inactive players on Sunday morning. But from all indications, the Ravens will keep him out at least through the team’s bye next week.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Houston Texans, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
21 Responses to “Terrell Suggs will travel to Houston, but not expected to play”
  1. brettfavresmidget says: Oct 19, 2012 3:32 PM

Seriously surpised…every time I see this guys’ mug. How can anyone be that ugly?

2. jamaltimore says: Oct 19, 2012 3:35 PM

2 weeks, they have a bye after this week and then the sizzle show is coming back to the big crab cake! The General will come back sometime around christmas and all will be well with the Ravens defense riding into the playoffs along side their HIGH POWERED offense led by Joe, I make 50 million more if go to the superbowl, Flacco!

3. rockthered1286 says: Oct 19, 2012 3:38 PM

All I think about when I see Sizzle is…

“LOSE MY MIND!!!”
    (Ravens fans will get this)

4. thekiller678 says: Oct 19, 2012 3:38 PM

Baltimore needs this guy back as ASAP. Obviously as a player Lewis is not what he once was. But his leadership cannot be replaced. Without him or Suggs this linebacking core will be at a loss.

5. easternshoresfinest says: Oct 19, 2012 3:38 PM

Sizzle is lookin a little large.. I like sitting him two more weeks and having him ready after the bye.

6. caseyanthonymunoz says: Oct 19, 2012 3:43 PM

Would’ve played if he had the Steelers doctor.

7. thegreatgabbert says: Oct 19, 2012 3:53 PM

Oh well, he will be able to catch up with Uncle Ernie on his Mom’s side, who lives in the Houston area. There’s a miniature golf course not far from where he lives.

8. pleasantsurpriselefty says: Oct 19, 2012 3:55 PM

Let the ego fueled dope play, re strain the achilles and then spend the rest of the season on IR. Not thinking if he rushes it.

9. billhicks666 says: Oct 19, 2012 3:57 PM

Too bad he’s not playing. I’d love to see him come back too soon, not to get re-injured but just because he’s not near ready and would be completely ineffective.

10. 8to80texansblog says: Oct 19, 2012 4:12 PM

Again… I am much more concerned about Ray Rice and Joe Flacco than Terrell Suggs.

11. mataug says: Oct 19, 2012 4:16 PM

no need to rush, bring him back after the bye week

12. steelernationfartsinyourfaceandwinschampionships says: Oct 19, 2012 4:17 PM

What a loser

13. ravenscrap says: Oct 19, 2012 4:29 PM

All those roids & HGH he’s been taking since the injury helping him get back sooner? Or just get re-injured faster!

14. kurly00 says: Oct 19, 2012 5:04 PM

Not sure bringing a guy with a serious lower body injury back against a cut blocking team like the Texans is a good idea.

15. YouMadCauseImStylingOnYou says: Oct 19, 2012 5:40 PM

@thekiller678

FYI the Ravens won all 4 games they played without Ray Lewis last year.

He’ll still be on the sidelines, but they showed last year they can overcome his absence.

And the defense has been terrible regardless, not all on Ray’s shoulders here, but clearly this team goes as Flacco goes.

16. htowntexan says: Oct 19, 2012 5:47 PM

Better headline would be “Suggs too scared to play Texans.” What a wimp.

17. ravenseattheirownpoop says: Oct 19, 2012 5:47 PM

Sizzle looks like he didn’t moss any meals while he was off.

18. ravenmuscle says: Oct 19, 2012 5:54 PM

Make that the steeler women are UGLIEST creatures on Earth

19. YouMadCauseImStylingOnYou says: Oct 19, 2012 6:08 PM

@htowntexan

Yes Suggs is terrified to play a team he’s beaten 3 times in the last year and half and never lost to in his entire career.

He’s certainly terrified of a team that got brutalized by the Packers on national TV less than a week ago.

20. randallflagg52 says: Oct 19, 2012 6:30 PM

steeler fans making jokes about HGH and steroids…

Do you guys even read your own team’s articles? I’m guessing not since you are making jokes about HGH and ‘roids. Do me a favor and check out the articles for the steelers…

21. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 20, 2012 6:04 PM

These are supposedly the two best teams in the AFC?

Yikes.

I feel like every single NFC Team is better than every single AFC team.