Patterson could return to practice for Eagles on Monday

Eagles Football AP

At a time when the Eagles need plenty of help on the offensive line, they could be getting closer to getting some help soon on the defensive line.

Derrick Gunn of CSNPhilly.com reports that defensive tackle Mike Patterson may return to practice Monday, the day after the team’s annual Sunday off.

Per Gunn, Patterson remains a “ways off from being game ready.”

If Patterson, who underwent brain surgery in the offseason, starts practicing, the team has three weeks to put him on the active roster or shut him down for the rest of the season.

In August 2011, Patterson had a seizure at practice.  He was diagnosed with a congenital cluster of blood vessels in his brain, but he played 15 regular-season games.  Patterson had surgery in the offseason to repair the condition.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Patterson could return to practice for Eagles on Monday”
  1. valman61 says: Oct 21, 2012 2:17 AM

I’m a giants fan, I wish nothing more than to see the eagles fail. However I am also a human being and I would love to see this guy on the field again and healthy. He has been through such a hard situation medically, that I can’t root against him. Regardless of the rivalry thing.

Ps: I will be wishing lady gaga happy Mother’s Day and will continue to enjoy watching the play of Mike Victerception and his puppy strength ball security abilities.

2. zombiebuddha says: Oct 21, 2012 3:31 AM

It doesn’t matter if Reggie White came back to play for them. The Eagles are DONE.

3. fatpappy says: Oct 21, 2012 3:44 AM

Wow! They could sure use him, but hopefully he is not pushing to hard to come back earlier than he should.

4. mad55555 says: Oct 21, 2012 9:16 AM

the philadelphia owned NJ ginas, 9 out of 10 games they lost to the eagles. HAHAHAHA

5. bleed4philly says: Oct 21, 2012 9:27 AM

Is he the one who’s gonna stop Vick from turning the ball over? Stick a fork in the dog killer supporters, they are done. Reid doesn’t care about winning, he’s just trying to buy himself more time. can’t keep rebuilding without a few superbowls here and there. ask coughlin and belicheat about that. #absolutechaos2012

6. wussbasket says: Oct 21, 2012 10:31 AM

does he play LT, or C, or S, or QB? no?? then i think the Eagles are still in trouble.

7. sjoyner59 says: Oct 22, 2012 9:02 AM

I would love to see Jason Peters come back,heard he is jogging around Nova Care but I don’t know the soonest a player can come back from a torn Achilles injury.Peters is the best player in the NFL at his position,the birds from guard to guard stink….I think those 3 players are not of NFL ability