LaRon Landry: Reggie Bush remembers my hit, I’ll keep head hunting

Laron+Landry+New+York+Giants+v+New+York+Jets+0_Pe_1ViJI3l Getty Images

Jets coach Rex Ryan and Dolphins running back Reggie Bush have exchanged cross words related to the teams’ September meeting, but it was Jets safety LaRon Landry who had the most to say about the matter as the Dolphins and Jets prepare to meet again on Sunday.

The first time the teams played, Landry hit Bush on a play that caused Bush to leave with a knee injury, and Landry believes Bush will be thinking about that play on Sunday.

He will remember that hit,” Landry said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “Every time he sees me, he will remember that hit.”

Landry said he’s not concerned about fines, penalties or anything else that could happen as a result of his hits.

“If I get penalized, I’m not going to stop hitting or head hunting,” Landry said. “I’m not going to stop the way I play.”

Landry predicted that Bush will be tentative against the Jets, and that the Jets will win.

“Just watch the way [Bush] runs on Sunday,” Landry added. “We can sweep those guys and also go into the bye 4-4. That’s what we’re striving to do and that’s what we will do.”

Bush was playing well in the first meeting with the Jets, gaining 61 yards on 10 carries before being knocked out of the game before halftime. But that knee injury has slowed him down, and he has just 132 yards on 48 carries in three games since then. Given the way his knee injury has limited him, it would be hard for Bush to forget that hit.

Permalink 115 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
115 Responses to “LaRon Landry: Reggie Bush remembers my hit, I’ll keep head hunting”
  1. fitzmagic1212 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:38 PM

how dumb does he have to be to use the term “head hunting”? hate both teams but hope to see reggie running right by landry on sunday

2. marcinhouston says: Oct 24, 2012 7:38 PM

Good thing New York is a big media market and Roger Goodell is from the northeast not the south. Otherwise the Jets might face consequences and accountability for talk of putting hot sauce on ankles and head hunting that is a lot more direct and documented than anything the Saints did.

3. samapoc says: Oct 24, 2012 7:39 PM

LaRon plays every game like he’s trying to make the team for the first time. The guy only goes one speed. I don’t know how long he’ll last playing like that because his body can only take so much, but he demands some serious respect on the field.

4. mrbigass says: Oct 24, 2012 7:39 PM

Is that a bounty?

5. pickney1 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:39 PM

Hey Commish, why dont you cite Landry for bounty talk, his hits against Fred Jackson and Reggie Bush were indicative of knocking a player out with no regard.

6. exibitsman says: Oct 24, 2012 7:42 PM

Laron Landry will have a big game against the dolphin’s on Sunday he is easily the top
    strong safety in the League this year. he is
    a REX RYAN type of player.

7. link49 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:43 PM

Very low philosophy, typical of his teacher Ryan

8. sadskinsfan89 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:43 PM

Man im so glad hes not with the skins anymore. Hes the only player that will give up a first down and then flex over top the player. Such a goon

9. amaf21 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:44 PM

Landry’s not going to get past pre-game warmups without a season ending injury.

10. dgforreal says: Oct 24, 2012 7:44 PM

I saw this dude literally run away from a Niners player just so he could get angle for a big hit.

11. philyeagles5 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:44 PM

its stuff like this that shows how much the Saints got screwed.

12. bigmike7914 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:44 PM

@mrbigass….it sounds like a promise

13. ther3alslimshady says: Oct 24, 2012 7:44 PM

They keep talking big and the still can’t back it up…

14. jimnaizeeum says: Oct 24, 2012 7:46 PM

He’ll keep head hunting & Bush will remember the hit…but the hit resulted in a knee injury.
    Bad aim?

15. nyjets1017 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:46 PM

Get the hot sauce out!! Dirty 30 is on the prowl

16. hawkforlife says: Oct 24, 2012 7:47 PM

What a punk. Learned from a pro, Coach REX.

17. spfripp says: Oct 24, 2012 7:47 PM

Miami could take out a key jets player on offense in return. Oh wait, the jets don’t have none.

18. rmdz7 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:48 PM

Well, it is the Jets, a NY team and former employer of one Roger Goodell… not only can they boldly talk about dotting players, knocking players out of the game, putting hot sauce on ankles, head hunting, etc. but actually go out on the field of play and do so with illegal hits not caring if they get flagged or not.

It’s a good thing the Commissioner is so high on player safety, otherwise the jets wouldn’t go…oh, wait.

19. birdsofbmore says: Oct 24, 2012 7:52 PM

Man this just makes me want the Jets to lose even more. I hope Reggie runs for the record on them.

20. ishudbgm says: Oct 24, 2012 7:52 PM

Been watching this guy since his days at LSU…still waiting for him to live up to the hype. Hope Bush rushes for 100 and catches another 50 with 2 tds!!! FinsUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. saintsfan26 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:53 PM

But yet the Saints are dirty. Give me a friggin break. Goodell* has turned this league into a joke.

22. Stiller43 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:54 PM

Samapoc,

He also acts like every hit he makes (after the opponent gains a first down or the opponent is up 28-7) is his first as well…congrats.

23. amaf21 says: Oct 24, 2012 7:56 PM

Hey Landry why don’t you head over to youtube and check out that big “hit” you put on Brenda Jacobs a few years back? Seein’ starz!! lol!!

24. oldirtyman says: Oct 24, 2012 7:59 PM

Head hunting? You hit him low and took his knees out

25. philswfc08 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:00 PM

The speed LaRon plays at is pretty damn slow…ask DeSean Jackson. His brain also runs at a pretty slow speed, smart to say you’ll be “head hunting” with the current commish who gets off by imposing fines and suspensions.

26. jmoss850 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:04 PM

Man i hope Reggie gives the Jets the business. So get ur hot sauce ready!!

27. dolphins512 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:04 PM

Really?

I hope he plays the way he did last week against the Patriots. Gronk owned him on the touchdown pass late in the game.

Or perhaps, he can play the way he played against San Francisco…you know, not show up and allow the 49′s to embarrass them at home?

Or perhaps he can play like he played against Pittsburgh or the Texans….

Or, he can stop talking altogether. I feel pretty confident that Reggie Bush isn’t afraid of…..whats his name again…?

28. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:05 PM

Is it me, or does Landry look like he’s been hanging out with Lance Armstrong?

29. sbdt says: Oct 24, 2012 8:06 PM

I hope the attorneys in the concussion suits are getting all of this.

30. sbdt says: Oct 24, 2012 8:06 PM

Also, HGH must not grow your brain cells.

31. njfinfan1 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:06 PM

fitzmagic1212,

leron is on the Jets, thats your answer to “How dumb can he be”…. like coach, like player….

32. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:07 PM

LaRon Landry is a big hitter – like Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire.

33. gator2006 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:08 PM

Not a bounty if he is simply trophy hunting

34. duncanthecat says: Oct 24, 2012 8:08 PM

I don’t recall the Reggie Bush hit, but I surely recall Brandon Jacobs streamrolling this guy.

35. pottymouth777 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:10 PM

Landry earned a spot on the All-Hype team.

36. hor2012 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:11 PM

I’m still trying to understand how the jets all but assured that they were going to knock Bush out of the game and then followed through with it but no one got fined or suspended. But, the Saints were destroyed by RG. I only want true Jets fans to respond to me.

37. mrbigass says: Oct 24, 2012 8:11 PM

I guess it would be a bounty if he transferred money from his savings to his checking………:)

38. FinFan68 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:13 PM

Can they suspend a player for stupidity? This idiot said he would keep “head hunting” and does not care about fines. That attitude should be enough for a chat with Goodell. I think the Saints (esp. Vilma) deserve to be punished but the Jets have blatantly done as much if not more. The only aspect missing is the offer of money. With Ryan’s “dot” mentioned in his book, the “hot sauce” and “put him on out” comments specifically regarding Reggie Bush (and the comments after they injured him) and now these comments…it seems another example needs to be made. At a time when discretion (at a minimum) is prudent considering all the flack over “bountygate” this kind of talk is beyond stupid. That is precisely the attitude Goodell is trying to eliminate.

39. trbowman says: Oct 24, 2012 8:19 PM

He should start by hunting for his own, cause he sure doesn’t play with one on the field.

40. tiggerblood says: Oct 24, 2012 8:24 PM

So what he’s talking like a football player. All this player safety crap will eventually ruin the NFL.

41. pissedfishfan says: Oct 24, 2012 8:25 PM

Dirty Landry! I can not wait till Reggie steps on him while he is lying on the field.

42. jetfanfolife says: Oct 24, 2012 8:33 PM

It’s only a bounty if the coach pays you to take someone out.

Landry plays smash mouth football and if none of you like it then go watch criquet.

Go ahead Bush, run in Landry’s direction…I dare you.

I can’t believe some of you football fans, bunch of sissies!

43. drgreenstreak says: Oct 24, 2012 8:33 PM

I don’t recall Landry making all that trash talk with the last losing team he was on.

Now, he’s making sure he gets that bounty payment Rex offered him.

44. fincity305 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:40 PM

Bulletin board material.. Fins 21 jets 20

45. bathroomben7 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:41 PM

Laron Landry might have Eric Winston beat for Ugliest Man in the NFL.

46. damnskins703 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:42 PM

The thing I hate about Landry is his team will be down 24-0 he just gave up a 40 yd pass and he will tackle them and start flexing on top of them… You don’t flex Landry every time u make a tackle u idiot

47. orakpocalypse says: Oct 24, 2012 8:46 PM

I thought Landry retired due to steroid related injuries like three years ago. This guy is still in the league? And talking smack?! Wow! I guess its not that surprising considering he is notorious for making tackles after 20 yard gains and doing celebration dances.

48. jimthebuilder27 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:47 PM

Roger Goodell should be disciplining the Jets for “bounty violations” but won’t. Anyone else see the hypocracy from this jerk?

49. thepvyharvin says: Oct 24, 2012 8:51 PM

LaRonny couldn’t hold rookie Harrison Smith’s jock at SS ,,,true

50. jonnydapat says: Oct 24, 2012 8:56 PM

Watch the replay, Bush was stopped by two other players and going nowhere. The tough guy Landry, Deliberately (in my opinion) targeted his knees. While not a fan of Bush,Landry is a cheap shot punk. I’d like to see a offence police his style of play with a little retribution. Kind of like in baseball, with batters hit with pitches.

51. nflgreedleague says: Oct 24, 2012 9:00 PM

The NY jets, class act all the way around

Hey Laron, what happen at the hospital when you were born did your mom not know how to spell Lebron?

Hey Laron, do you know what they call a cut back block that ends your season this Sunday? Brian Cushing would call it Karma.

52. chad504boy says: Oct 24, 2012 9:00 PM

“Roger, that you homie? Look I’m asking you to recuse yourself from this phone call!”

53. landoverleap says: Oct 24, 2012 9:01 PM

Laron NEVER spoke to the media in DC. All of a sudden he is promoting himself? I guess you need to get all the pub you can on a one year deal and you cant do anything but hit people.

54. annes22 says: Oct 24, 2012 9:04 PM

jetsfanforlife let’s learn to spell criquet first, then you may speak. CRICKET English obviously isn’t on your agenda, there’s a surprise.
    You are the prime example of a Jets fan.
    Way to go, and just wait until Sunday.

55. numba1recx19 says: Oct 24, 2012 9:05 PM

Landry. Shut the F up!!!!
    Reggie is better then you could ever dream to be.

56. brianinfl says: Oct 24, 2012 9:08 PM

And the Jets fans wonder why the Dolphins fans hate the Jets?! Hey Landry bounty time on your a$$….get you and your stinkin puke green jerseys the hell out of here, we’re gonna demolish you pukes on Sunday!!!

57. eventhorizon04 says: Oct 24, 2012 9:11 PM

Look, I give the Jets credit for playing hard after losing Darrelle Revis, but let’s be real.

They’ve gone 1-3 in the 4 games since losing Revis, only beating the Colts.

I don’t understand why these guys keep talking when they are below 0.500 and have been losing a lot of games recently.

58. larryfinfan says: Oct 24, 2012 9:12 PM

“Head Hunting” ??? Well, I thought this was nothing more than guys trash talking, but is it ?? If Landry is ‘head hunting’, shouldn’t the league be stepping in ??

59. bluereign says: Oct 24, 2012 9:13 PM

The funny thing about this is that the way I remember the hit, it wasn’t big. He hit him the knees while 3 other guys were holding him up. This guy is a clown. He hits Fred Jackson in the knees with his helmet, sees he’s clearly in pain, and gets up clapping like a monkey. This guy is a joke and a BUST. The only thing he will be remembered for when he retires is that Brandon Jacobs put him on a highlight reel.

60. tfaulk says: Oct 24, 2012 9:15 PM

Certainly Reggie was a little slowed by a few bumps and bruises (not just his knee in the Jets game) for the last few weeks, but I don’t think he’s been impacted as much as claimed by this article.

His decline in production seems more closely related to the O-line’s blocking and the very obvious defensive gameplan of stacking the box to stop Reggie. Over the last 3 games, Reggie has still ripped a handful of big runs that didn’t show any lack of speed. But I wasn’t seeing 3-yard-wide holes and empty space for 5 yards before seeing a defender anymore… So those 5-6 yards every time through huge holes and a few 15+ yards runs became 1-3 yard runs on most downs with a few 15+ yard runs…

Here’s hoping the Bye week didn’t just allow Reggie to recuperate but for Jake, Richie, Pouncey, and crew to also recuperate and get back on to the path to road grading!

61. promickey says: Oct 24, 2012 9:15 PM

Well I knew Landry was a dirty player, now I know that he’s also a stupid player.

62. jwreck says: Oct 24, 2012 9:17 PM

samapoc says: Oct 24, 2012 7:39 PM

_____
    Answer: not that long. There’s a reason a number six overall pick was allowed to walk in free agency: he was on the field for less than 200 snaps in his last two seasons with the Redskins. When he plays well he is among the best safeties in the league, but when he plays badly you start counting the days until his contract is up.

philswfc08 says: Oct 24, 2012 8:00 PM

The speed LaRon plays at is pretty damn slow…ask DeSean Jackson.
    ______
    Landry is an as, and I have no real desire to defend his play, but that’s kind of stupid. Yes, Landry got burned- bad, but it’s DeSean Jackson’s job to burn speedy defensive backs: that’s why he’s in the league and that’s why they pay him the big bucks. Saying Landry is slow because he got burned by Jackson is kind of like saying Jackson is slow because he wouldn’t beat Usain Bolt in the 100 meter dash.

63. tfaulk says: Oct 24, 2012 9:27 PM

Revis will remember that piece of turf he stumbled over!

64. dansyndersux says: Oct 24, 2012 9:41 PM

What a reckless maniac. Someone test him for steroids.

65. gsb333 says: Oct 24, 2012 9:43 PM

Landry showing just how stupid he is. Anything he does now will seem premeditated. Fine coming. Hope Bush runs all over him.

66. cereal blogger says: Oct 24, 2012 9:45 PM

#Brilliant

67. jwreck says: Oct 24, 2012 9:46 PM

landoverleap says: Oct 24, 2012 9:01 PM

______
    I think Landry was honestly shocked when the Redskins didn’t throw the checkbook at him last season: he full expected to coast by on huge biceps and a nice 40, and didn’t realize that if he couldn’t get on the field he wasn’t getting a new contract.

I don’t think Landry ever envisioned himself having to find a new team, and now that he has, he’s trying to compensate for the stardom he hasn’t found on the field by calling out players, teams, and coaches off of it.

I have very little respect left for the guy, but deep in some remote, untouched, Care Bear portion of my heart, I hope he can get his act together on the field, stop acting like such a knucklehead off of it, and live up to the potential he occasionally flashes. It’s easy to forget, but he was the early frontrunner for defensive player of the year in 2010, before he suffered his first catastrophic leg injury.

68. t16rich says: Oct 24, 2012 9:47 PM

So on goes the Saints witch hunt, while Landry can openly talk about head hunting.

69. endzone says: Oct 24, 2012 9:47 PM

Reggie don’t sweat it. Landry spends most of every season as a beast in the weight room because he’s on IR or PUP. Chances are good you don’t see him again.

70. conormacleod says: Oct 24, 2012 9:49 PM

he is a REX RYAN type of player……
    ————————————
    Yep. Loud mouth making guarantees for a mediocre team that probably won’t make the playoffs. Btw: for the Saints fans out there. One loud mouth threatening to hurt somebody doesn’t quite equal a team and coach sponsored conspiracy that pays cash for cart offs. Get yourselves an education, or google the terms conspiracy and bounty.

71. rg3andthensome says: Oct 24, 2012 9:50 PM

I actually miss Laron…Although when asked why he lifts weights 30 minutes before games, he responded, “I just do what I do.”

I now use that around the office when asked questions about my own behavior.

72. conormacleod says: Oct 24, 2012 9:51 PM

Do the Jets have a lottery for who must make a stupid comment each week? Hey Landry, you’re up next. And don’t forget to make some sort of guarantee while insulting our next opponent!

73. daubs17 says: Oct 24, 2012 9:55 PM

Sure LeRon. Guess we all forgot what an impact, relevant safety you are in the NFL. Just ask the Redskins.

LeRon, you suck then you gloat over the rare instance you actually made a play? Yeah ok. I wonder what goes through your head every time you see Brandon Jacobs?

74. hdahs143 says: Oct 24, 2012 9:57 PM

Mr Incognito, meet Mr Landry. Teach him some manners Richie.

75. daubs17 says: Oct 24, 2012 9:58 PM

Landry acts like such a tough guy and I guarantee he’s that dude trying on the XS shirts at Abercrombie hahaha

76. flakeybiscuits says: Oct 24, 2012 10:02 PM

hate the jets. hate the injuries this guys caused. hate the fact that theres such a double standard with this bounty thing. SO MUCH HATE

77. badintent says: Oct 24, 2012 10:02 PM

Hey lighten up, Kim will be in the house and we’ll get the goods on her booty calls with Sanhise. I’m thinking Mark hit her booty harder than Labron hits WRs. !

78. jcampol says: Oct 24, 2012 10:04 PM

What a classless organization. Not even 5 hours after Ryan came out and asked for an apology from Bush for saying karma came back and bit them for trying to take him out of the game, the idiot safety says he will continue to head hunt? Is this for real? This P.O.S has stood over 2 players this year(Fred Jackson, Reggie Bush) and cheered as they lay injured on the field. Both conspicuously with knee injuries. Wait didn’t Cushing end up with a season ending knee injury against the Jets? And wait isn’t this the same team that had a coach trip a defenseless player running down the sidelines a few years back? This is the trashiest, classless, piece of crap organization around. Enjoy another season of trashy mediocrity Rex you sure know how to breed some winners.

79. boyshole25 says: Oct 24, 2012 10:14 PM

I loved him in Washington but man does he get cooked on double moves. Now that he’s on a team that doesn’t matter to me I like watching him smash people The flexin after 50 yard gains is hilarious too

80. ravens4lifeudig says: Oct 24, 2012 10:25 PM

U guys are sum real haters

81. sumthinsweet says: Oct 24, 2012 10:28 PM

Double move Laron is a piece of trash. I got tired of watching that dude try to blow everyone up and not get the tackle half the time. That dude is a bitch and only cares about himself. Hope your dumbass enjoys that one year deal

82. gweez76 says: Oct 24, 2012 10:32 PM

Just like when Brandon Marshall pimped you out.

Signed,

Redskins Nation

PS So glad you’re not a Skin anymore.

83. tannethrill says: Oct 24, 2012 10:34 PM

Whatever but his choice of words could be a problem with the league. Hot sauce seems okay but with all the concussion talk I’d imagine “head hunting” might be problematic.

84. edgerules says: Oct 24, 2012 10:43 PM

Somehow James Harrison will get fined for Laron Landry’s big mouth.

85. thejotapee says: Oct 24, 2012 10:45 PM

Landry may have taken Bush out for the game. But it’s the Fins who had the last laugh. Bye bye Revis. Karma’s a bitch ain’t it?

86. 69finfan says: Oct 24, 2012 10:46 PM

More important than Reggie remembering your dirty hit and you trying to put “hot sauce” on his knee I think the entire OL remembers it and will be on the prowl for you, especially Richie I, you know the dirtiest player in the NFL. This should be good, can’t wait.

87. kaferwerks says: Oct 24, 2012 10:52 PM

I love the hypocrisy from the commenters here. So many of you say Gregg Williams rough tough talk speech is proof of the bounty program. How exactly does the words of Landry/Ryan/jets differ? Anyone remember what the # was for the anonymous bounty tip hotline roger Goodell set up this offseason? I gotta make an anonymous call

88. 1972wasalongtimeago says: Oct 24, 2012 11:00 PM

Good thing for Reggie that Matt Slauson plays offense

89. ajpurp says: Oct 24, 2012 11:06 PM

God I hate this dude so much, have some respect for your fellow players, this dude is the worst. He isn’t even a good all around safety, he just hits hard and plays well in box D. Otherwise he’s a juiced up gas bag that tackles people by diving at their knees(see bush/Jackson)- in a dirty way I might add. Hope his biceps explode or his lower half buckles from the strain of being so disproportional. P.S. not a fan of any afc east team.

90. protagoras111 says: Oct 24, 2012 11:06 PM

It’s hilarious that he’s talking about “going into the bye 4-4″ as if it’s an impressive feat. Then again Landry has never really been on winning teams much.

91. csilojohnson says: Oct 24, 2012 11:09 PM

Landry is a bum. He plays all out yes. If only he could make those great knee breaking hits in bounds he would be good. He is just one bad decision away from a Personal Foul everyplay.

92. ajpurp says: Oct 24, 2012 11:17 PM

For the record, I LOVE players that play old school ball by layin the wood, hard clean hits like Polomalu or Willis or (sometimes) Suh/Harrison. BUT players that consistently tackle solely by going for knees, even when watching the game you can clearly see it is the least effective way to tackle the guy in the particular situation(when Landry does it) or the guy is already wrapped up, are just plain scum and deserve absolutely no respect for fans or their fellow players. They are the players that I don’t care about when they get injured. And he cheers on top of it

93. judalation says: Oct 24, 2012 11:29 PM

The Jets are a dirty team this year… The hit on Bush was right on the Knees. Landry has had the most dirty hits this year of any safety and has only been flagged once. The Jets injured the Texans linebacker by going at his knees from behind and I’m a Jets fan. I just don’t like seeing players go down as Revis and Holmes went down from non contact plays and I know how terrible that is for the team. There is someone coaching that defense to go at the knees or this is a mighty coincidence. I hear Rex Ryan has a Foot fetish… coincidence?

94. dkrauss93 says: Oct 24, 2012 11:30 PM

As much as a I like Landry because he’s been a good safety for the Jets, I don’t get it. Why would he pick the Jets over the Saints? The saints have a need at safety and he wants to use bounties.

95. cliffordc05 says: Oct 24, 2012 11:40 PM

A low hit to the knee is Laron Landry’s claim to fame? It is nice to see him fit in to the Jets culture of bloviated hyperbolic oration. It would be nice if he could cover a guy. But in the interim, why don’t we all take another look at his pecs or abs or whatevers.

96. azheat says: Oct 25, 2012 12:38 AM

What happen to big clean hits..

Ronnie Lott laid the wood when played, he never did it to hurt another player. He just hit!!!
    Ed Reed hits hard and clean.
    Adrian Wilson hits hard and clean.

I could go on, but the fact is Landry isn’t that good and yes he will hurt someone but hopefully this guy out of the NFL before that happens. NFL football is a very dangerous place.

97. md228010 says: Oct 25, 2012 12:44 AM

So Landry has 50 tackles on the season and 35 in the last four games alone. Clearly he’s a good defender but I think Reggie we’re looking at a 140-160 total yard effort with a touchdown for Bush. A solid fantasy day even if he doesn’t get in for a score.

98. chodetoranto says: Oct 25, 2012 12:47 AM

Well I remember the hit where brandon jacobs door matted you on his way to a 1st down. Kinda took away your “headhunting” trash talk card there squirt.

99. green41563 says: Oct 25, 2012 1:17 AM

Oct 24, 2012 8:11 PM

____________________________________

Oh, let me help you understand. The answer is: because they knocked him out using legal tackles.

That’s known in most parts as “football.”

100. smackingfools says: Oct 25, 2012 1:35 AM

Lolololol! Reggie Bush will not whatsoever be tentative. He may not get 100. But he won’t be scared. Good luck with that.

101. binarybulge says: Oct 25, 2012 2:30 AM

Some players are just so idiotically brazen. A person couldn’t possibly be that stupid, right? Yep, they could.

Can this guy finally fail a pee test so we don’t have to see him anymore? BTW the Jets are going to lose to the Dolphins.

102. monropoobah says: Oct 25, 2012 5:09 AM

“bloviated hyperbolic oration” nice phrase. you can be wrong and speak well. but you gotta give credit for delivery sometimes.

landry has played well. not sure what you’re all watching but he delivers big hits sometimes and sure tackles a lot, and gets to the player quickly.

stupid? sure but i don’t care.

knee hits? make them illegal. seriously. they might cause more injury than head hits. a player who doesn’t care about fines etc. will change if playing a certain way hurts his team.

103. pastabelly says: Oct 25, 2012 5:18 AM

Wonder how much he enjoyed Brandon Spikes hit on Shonn Green last Sunday.

104. davidcl77 says: Oct 25, 2012 6:43 AM

Just like their coaches, their players are idiots as well.

105. chalkruz1989 says: Oct 25, 2012 7:26 AM

LaRon Landry is the epitome of a big-mouth. His play on the field is average, but, by the way he holds himself you would think he’s a perennial All-Pro. I was watching the first contest and noticed Landry clapping after getting out of the pile when Reggie Bush tweaked his knee. Landry jumped up and clapped as he was running to the sidelines. If I am Bush, I am wanting the chance to run downhill on him because most highlights I see of Landry is him getting burnt and missing tackles.

Typical New York Jets football, running their mouth and being average while their big brother in ‘Big Blue’ is quiet and winning games. Take note Rex.

106. weneedlinemen42 says: Oct 25, 2012 7:30 AM

As a Redskins fan my memories of Landry are the following.

Desperately mugging and showing his “guns” after routine tackles, often ten yards downfield, giving the opposing offense first down.

Getting steam-rollered by Brandon Jacobs. That seamed to happen quite a lot.

Delivering big hits to small, generally defenseless receivers, and then acting like he had made an amazing play.

Calling out DeSean Jackson. Then getting burned by Jackson on the first play of the game for a long and highly embarrasing touchdown.

Calling out the Redskins training staff. Refusing to turn up for pre-season conditioning because he knew better. Then missing a shed load of games over his last two seasons because he couldn’t stay healthy and wouldn’t accept independent medical advice that he needed surgery.

Landry has or had real talent. To a great extent it was wasted by Greg Blache who tried to use him as a deep lying centre-fielder rather than as an in-the-box strong safety. Still his failure to live up to his draft spot has largely been down to his own, mistaken belief that he is a great player.

107. kev86 says: Oct 25, 2012 7:45 AM

He remembers Brandon Jacobs running him over.

108. escapedconvict says: Oct 25, 2012 8:06 AM

Two things:

First, As a lifelong Skins fan I will say that Dirty Thirty has not been missed for one second, even with our crappy secondary.

Second, I don’t know exactly when it happened, but I really hate the freakin Jets. Nothing would make me happier than to see Miami pound the crap out of them this weekend.

109. honeybadger14 says: Oct 25, 2012 8:10 AM

Rex Ryan conditions his players to attack the knees. ~ Sal Alosi

He is the most despicable coach in the NFL.

110. pixelito says: Oct 25, 2012 8:29 AM

The Saints are dirty cheaters and everybody knows it…. They deserved everything Goodell took from them.

111. FinFan68 says: Oct 25, 2012 9:04 AM

This guy is so full of himself. If somebody hands him a mirror on the sideline he would forget to take the field.

112. jerrygray721 says: Oct 25, 2012 9:59 AM

i hope a dolphin or 2 hits this jerk so hard that dust comes out the back of the t.v. when it happens and end this guys playing days for ever

113. mtx1992 says: Oct 25, 2012 4:18 PM

Landry better watch out. He might hurt his Achilles while giving an interview.

114. fordraptorforum says: Oct 25, 2012 8:33 PM

Dear LaRon,

Two words for you…

1: Jorvorskie
    2: Lane

That is all. Enjoy the game.

115. edelmanfanclub says: Oct 26, 2012 12:58 PM

LaRon Landry is jacked, that being said he is overrated and injury prone. Yes he hits hard, but that doesn’t make him a good player. I saw him chirping at Lloyd last game, after Lloyd dropped a pass, then he subsequently gave a 1st down… nice job.