Porter held out because team feared seizure symptoms

Oakland Raiders Denarius Moore makes a 37 yard reception while being pressured Denver Broncos Tracy Porter during their NFL football game in Denver, Colorado Reuters

The “sickness” the Broncos held Tracy Porter out of last week’s trip to San Diego for was actually a precaution based on a seizure he had in August.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, the light-headedness and racing heartbeat Porter was experiencing last weekend were similar to symptoms before he suffered a seizure in August.

I had never had one before, 26 years I’ve been living,” Porter said. “Before the San Diego game, I don’t know if it was the medication I was taking or it was a setback, but they decided to hold me back.”

Porter returned to practice, but missed Thursday because of a follow-up appointment with a doctor. He’s hoping to play Sunday night against the Saints.

“I want to play,” Porter said. “Who wouldn’t want to play against their old team? All I can do is cross my fingers and toes that everything clears out, everything checks out and I’ll be able to play Sunday night.”

Porter said he was in the weight room in New Orleans when then-teammate Jeremy Shockey fainted after seizure-like symptoms, which were later described by coach Sean Payton as being because of low blood sugar and dehydration.

“I was lifting weights with Shockey when he had his,” Porter said. “That scared the heck out of me.”

Porter missed a preseason game after his seizure, but has returned and played well for the Broncos.

Permalink 5 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
5 Responses to “Porter held out because team feared seizure symptoms”
  1. blacknole08 says: Oct 25, 2012 4:36 PM

It would be sweet if Porter got a pick 6 off Brees this Sunday.

This will probably be the best game of the weekend

2. 4thquartermagic says: Oct 25, 2012 5:01 PM

Hope he gets cleared, Porter’s a good player.

Got a strong feeling this one isn’t a close shootout everyone thinks it’s going to be.

Say what you will but NO was a questionable roughing the passer call (which nullified an INT TD) and a Tampa 4th down TD (nullified due to WR stepping out of bounds) from being 0-6.

38-17 Broncos

3. hoops737 says: Oct 25, 2012 5:18 PM

I’ll always <3 Porter

Good guy and he won the Saints D a Superbowl along with Sharper

4. lucasblack12 says: Oct 25, 2012 6:07 PM

@4thquartermagic they also missed field goals against Green Bay and Kansas City… Where they could be 4-2. If you wanna play the ifs and buts game haha, broncos haven’t been so convincing themselves

5. 4thquartermagic says: Oct 25, 2012 7:23 PM

lucasblack12 says:
    Oct 25, 2012 6:07 PM

__________________________

Whoa, the Saints lost to Kansas City???

This changes everything.