Fletcher practices, could extend his games-played streak

London Fletcher, Andre Brown AP

London Fletcher’s streak might go on after all.

The Redskins linebacker was a full participant in practice Friday, and has a chance to extend his run of 231 consecutive games played.

I was encouraged by today,” Fletcher said, via the Associated Press. “It felt good to get out there and run around. . . . We’ve got 48 hours before the game. The body has a great way of healing, and just hopefully over the next couple of days I’ll continue to improve.”

Fletcher underwent six hours of tests Thursday for what was termed a “balance issue,” but he was deemed not to have a concussion. He’s still listed as questionable with head and hamstring injuries, and will have more tests to determine the nature of the problem.

“I’ve been dealing with it for a couple of weeks now,” Fletcher said of the balance problem. “But finally decided to tell them about it and kind of see if we could figure out what’s going on.”

For the time being, however, he has a chance to extend an impressive ironman streak.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
6 Responses to “Fletcher practices, could extend his games-played streak”
  1. mtx1992 says: Oct 26, 2012 4:50 PM

Hope he’s not risking his health just to keep the streak alive.

2. rg3andout says: Oct 26, 2012 4:55 PM

GOD if u are hearing me, us skins fans are at yr mercy and can u deliver us a real QB in DC, cause rg3 is not the answer, im begging u, pleeeeeease!!

3. cfoster0039 says: Oct 26, 2012 5:12 PM

rg3andout –

I feel like I shouldn’t even waste time responding to your comment considering how ridiculous it is; however, I feel like compelled to do so.

As Stephen A would say, “that’s asinine, ten, and eleven!”

you are an idiot. please change your screen name I’m tired of looking at it.

4. skinsfan91 says: Oct 26, 2012 5:55 PM

And if you’re hearing me, will you please give me a dick? This Corn nut is not the answer. Pleeeeeease!

5. blackbug99 says: Oct 27, 2012 8:04 AM

You can’t keep a Warrior down. I hope he plays because he’s healthy and can contribute and not because of a streak. I’d like to think in future years he’d be able to watch a game with grandkids and say, “Yep, back in the day.” And actually remember their names.

6. CKL says: Oct 27, 2012 11:03 AM

It blows my mind that this dude is playing in the NFL still and he was college teammates with one of my team’s coaches and one of their FO guys. He’s a true pro and I wish him well. His career is the type of thing I love about the NFL: unheralded, undrafted, undersized, small school, long steady career, solid player and citizen.