Lawrence Taylor prevails in civil sexual assault case

lawrence-taylor1 Getty Images

The good news for Hall of Fame linebacker Lawrence Taylor?  He has been exonerated of civil sexual assault charges arising from a 2010 encounter with an underaged prostitute.

The bad news for Hall of Fame linebacker Lawrence Taylor?  He has been exonerated of civil sexual assault charges arising from a 2010 encounter with an underaged prostitute.

In yet another sad footnote to the legacy of a man whose bust in Canton will prompt many parents to nudge their kids along to the next bronzed likeness, Taylor has prevailed in a lawsuit brought by the now-19-year-old woman with whom Taylor had sex for cash more than two years ago, according to the Associated Press.

The jury returned a verdict for Taylor on Friday, after hearing testimony from the woman and from the former Giant.

Taylor’s lawyer had called the case a money grab.  And while the jury may have been repulsed by Taylor’s behavior, a jury must want not only to take money from the defendant in a civil case but also give it to the plaintiff.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
23 Responses to “Lawrence Taylor prevails in civil sexual assault case”
  1. patriotenvy says: Oct 26, 2012 2:32 PM

Maybe Chris Hansen can get him next time.

2. blacknole08 says: Oct 26, 2012 2:40 PM

3. titogetmesometissue says: Oct 26, 2012 2:41 PM

He seems like a great guy.

4. thegreatgabbert says: Oct 26, 2012 2:46 PM

In or out of jail, wealthy or broke, Taylor will still be a pig. Nothing changes that.

5. sj39 says: Oct 26, 2012 2:47 PM

Back to hookin” I guess.

6. mikealstott says: Oct 26, 2012 2:49 PM

Good for LT! Nothing worse then a prostitute that wants to be paid twice for the same service!

7. bluebagz says: Oct 26, 2012 2:50 PM

I still love LT, but nobody wins in this situation. It’s a lose lose for all involved.

8. pftcensorssuck says: Oct 26, 2012 2:52 PM

To all you Roethlisberger fans piling on LT, remember he has something in common with Big Ben; neither was convicted

According to the courts, dude did nothing wrong

9. joemammy says: Oct 26, 2012 3:02 PM

blacknole08 says:

“Didn’t she get paid for the “act” and didn’t she also consent to said act? The legal age of consent in NY is 17 I think.

Sorry if she was a runaway and had problems, but to me this had $$$ written all over.”
    —————————

She was 16 years old at the time. Maybe you should take the time to read before you comment.

LT is a pig. Win or lose, nothing changes that.

10. roadtrip3500 says: Oct 26, 2012 3:15 PM

pftcensorssuck says: Oct 26, 2012 2:52 PM

According to the courts, dude did nothing wrong
    ——————————–
    I guess you missed the criminal case where Taylor pled guilty to 2 misdemeanor sex charges (statutory rape and third degree criminal sexual act). This was a civil case.

11. bigblue5611 says: Oct 26, 2012 3:20 PM

Quite sure this hooker didn’t show ID when she showed up for the call

12. seahawks4alltime says: Oct 26, 2012 3:21 PM

If she is 19 now and the encounter happened “more than two years ago” then she was 16 at the time.

LT turned 53 in February.

13. klunge says: Oct 26, 2012 3:23 PM

Add this scenario to the very long list of reasons to not get with a prostitute.

14. richndc says: Oct 26, 2012 3:23 PM

I am sure she wanted money, maybe so did her family. But there was very strong evidence that he made a call, used language that showed he meant to order a very young girl. The man is over 50 and some of you are talking about age of consent? Same flapjacks who are cheering the GOP folks who think rape is god’s plan it would seem.

15. canesgiants says: Oct 26, 2012 3:25 PM

nothing changes the fact that LT was the best def player in the history of the NFL

16. dionoil says: Oct 26, 2012 3:26 PM

so sad to see my childhood heroes fall. I worshiped this man.

17. stuartscottslefteye says: Oct 26, 2012 3:33 PM

pftcensorssuck says: Oct 26, 2012 2:52 PM

————————————————-

Yeah, neither was OJ….

18. metalhead65 says: Oct 26, 2012 3:40 PM

underage hooker,drug addict but hey he was a great football player.

19. kdiesel904 says: Oct 26, 2012 3:50 PM

It was a set up…like LT said “Hey I don’t card them.’”

20. mandown1 says: Oct 26, 2012 6:10 PM

Underaged prostitute? More like trafficked child! He was found guilty in criminal court. There are some really disgusting comments here…. hope I never have to protect my daughters from some of you!

21. justintuckrule says: Oct 27, 2012 12:48 AM

Good thing for lt that the hooker’s lawyer didn’t filr a motion early on to transfer venue to Philly.

22. CKL says: Oct 27, 2012 6:41 AM

I know the comment in the article was probably made to fit the story, but actually if I were a parent I wouldn’t hustle my kids past his bust in Canton. If they were of the right age, I could use it as a teaching moment. I could say,”This man was a great player, one I looked up to as a kid. I later found out that he was far from a great human being. That’s why you have to realize that just because someone has awesome talent doesn’t mean they are someone to look up to as a person.”

23. defscottyb says: Oct 30, 2012 5:33 AM

Thank god justice has been served and this money grabber didn’t get a dime.