Morris Claiborne not satisfied with progress so far

Dallas Cowboys v Carolina Panthers Getty Images

Morris Claiborne has started since day one, and just recorded the first interception by a Cowboys defensive back last week.

But he thinks his rookie season could be going much better.

I feel like I would be more ahead as of now,” Claiborne said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “But I can’t dwell on that. I missed a lot of time. I didn’t have a lot of time to actually get ready to prepare myself.”

Claiborne missed OTAs and minicamps because of wrist surgery, and part of training camp with a sprained MCL. That set him behind, and he doesn’t feel like he’s caught up yet, and the game-changing pick didn’t make him feel any better.

“I’m really hard on myself,” he said. “I still feel like I played a bad game last weekend and I had an interception. I know if I had four [interceptions] right now, I’d still feel like, ‘Man, I should’ve had more.’”

High expectations are kind of the norm around his place, but Claiborne has played well, and seems to be getting better with each week.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Morris Claiborne not satisfied with progress so far”
  1. rwhited2 says: Oct 26, 2012 9:53 AM

Get used to under performing Morris, you play for Dallas now. The entire teams been doing that for the past 16 years….

2. rickastleydancemoves says: Oct 26, 2012 9:55 AM

His interception total is not far off from his wonderlic score.

3. fishfiletkray says: Oct 26, 2012 9:57 AM

They should’ve drafted Barron. The guy is the game changer they needed.

4. thompgk says: Oct 26, 2012 10:14 AM

Claiborne has been great thus far.

5. sj39 says: Oct 26, 2012 10:56 AM

When I look at the draft and the trades and picks he made it reminds me of how glad I am the Rams have Jeff Fisher. When it comes to picking the best DB in the draft I would defer to Fisher over Jerry Jones every time.

6. joetoronto says: Oct 26, 2012 11:59 AM

What school this kid went to means the same to me as his wonderlic score, absolutely nothing.

This guy is a keeper and will only get better and better, year after year.

7. nygdriveforfive says: Oct 26, 2012 1:01 PM

Claiborne has talent and is going to be good. Having said that, if they leave him to cover Nicks man to man he is going to get lit up. Please dont mistake what happend in game 1 with what will happen on Sunday with a healthy Nicks.

8. romo2dez88 says: Oct 27, 2012 5:58 AM

Huh??? Barron??? You obviously don’t watch the Cowboys, Morris Claiborne has been amazing this year. A+ draft pick.

9. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Oct 27, 2012 12:31 PM

Time will tell but I think Claiborne is going to be a good one. So far he has played like a rookie. Some good plays and some bad ones.

10. teal379 says: Oct 27, 2012 12:56 PM

He might be good but there are other rookie DB’s playing at a higher level.

Hayward in GB has played at a top level this year.

4 INTs and tied for the lead in the league for all DBs.

17 tackles