Bryant McKinnie denies running up $375,000 in strip club bills

BET's Rip The Runway 2012 - Arrivals Getty Images

Ravens offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie says the first he heard that he’s being sued for $375,000 in strip club bills was when he read about it this morning, and he says the owner of the strip club is someone who has repeatedly tried to get money out of him.

I got no papers, I was never served,” McKinnie told the Baltimore Sun. “I just called my lawyer about this because this is a bogus story. I just read the article. He was working at those places and he’s tried to borrow money from me. People can put anything out there. What strip club gives you a $375,000 tab? It just sounds stupid to me. I’ve never heard of this in my life. This is bogus to me. For it to be even reported is stupid to me.”

The lawsuit claims that McKinnie ran up tabs at strip clubs owned by the plaintiff, Charles “Pop” Young, and that McKinnie promised in writing to pay his bill in full and then broke that promise. But McKinnie says no strip club would let a customer have that kind of bill.

“You could never run up a tab like that,” McKinnie said. “For somebody like that to say something like this, they figure if they go to the media that you’ll pay them, I guess. I would never pay this guy because what he’s saying isn’t true. I just found out about this morning when people started texting me. This is the least of my worries.”

It’s definitely true that McKinnie has greater financial worries: His wages are already being garnished because he failed to pay back a $4.5 million loan he took out during last year’s lockout. If McKinnie is telling the truth when he says this lawsuit is just an unwarranted attempt to get money out of a professional athlete, the financially strapped McKinnie would seem to be a bad athlete to go after.

Permalink 53 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
53 Responses to “Bryant McKinnie denies running up $375,000 in strip club bills”
  1. h3min1230 says: Oct 30, 2012 11:52 AM

Yea, and I didn’t cheat on my wife..

2. cash804 says: Oct 30, 2012 11:52 AM

In his defense, he’s right…he only ran up a $374,999.99 strip club bill.

3. mrplow3 says: Oct 30, 2012 11:56 AM

Based on Mckinnie’s character history, I’m going to go ahead and say I believe the degenerate strip club owner.

4. dickslipper says: Oct 30, 2012 11:58 AM

Based off of his previous financial decisions I believe him. NOT!!!

5. 8to80texansblog says: Oct 30, 2012 12:01 PM

Thats a LOT of lap dances!

6. chillyp says: Oct 30, 2012 12:04 PM

I’ve got to side with the Club owner on this one, I mean this is the same Bryant McKinnie who told his coach, Hudson Houck that he was ill and couldn’t play in the Pro Bowl, but then told reporters he “quit the Pro Bowl due to injuries in his feet and left ankle” instead of being kicked off the Pro Bowl team for missing practice and team photo. So it’s pretty much establish that not only is McKinnie fat and lazy, but that he’s also a known liar.

7. cooklynn17 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:06 PM

It was more like $735,000. Don’t sell a brother short…lol

8. thestrategyexpert says: Oct 30, 2012 12:06 PM

Fascinating story, obviously it’s very clear that there is a major misunderstanding of some sort that can’t possibly be resolved without seeing the evidence and hearing the detailed explanations, but nevertheless for right now I wish we had the itemization of that $375k, that would be very interesting to see how it could get that high.

Was this for drinks or some kind of verbal promise of an expectation of a big tip?

9. johnnyjagfan says: Oct 30, 2012 12:07 PM

This is getting funnier!

Every man’s initial reaction to this story? “Man, you can’t run a $375,000 tab in a scrip club!!!”

10. purpleguy says: Oct 30, 2012 12:09 PM

I have a hard time believing that even Bryant McKinnie is stupid enough to run up a strip club bill that big.

11. cereal blogger says: Oct 30, 2012 12:09 PM

He’s an NFL player,,,he still has to pay back loans ?

12. greglloydrules says: Oct 30, 2012 12:11 PM

I’m really not surprised anymore with this idiot. Being he’s a Ratbird makes it even better. He obviously paying strippers for sex. How else do you run up a bill that high? $375,000 in strippers? Again I’m not surprised. Besides everyone on that team is ugly anyways so this probably the only he can get laid.

13. blaksteele says: Oct 30, 2012 12:12 PM

Seems plausible. The strip club would be dumb as hell to keep a tab.

14. pftcensorssuck says: Oct 30, 2012 12:14 PM

“It just sounds stupid to me.”

As stupid as taking out a $4.3 milion loan that you didn’t end up needed, but blew anyway?

Stupid sounds, as stupid does, Bryant.

15. bucnbutfan says: Oct 30, 2012 12:16 PM

Hey, the cost of those lapdances can really add up. Especially if they are not solo.

A guy down here in Tampa had a $50,000 night and had his lawyer fight it but he lost as all charges were legit.

So the question is, how much time did McKinnie really spend in these clubs? Quite an addiction he must have!

16. th56 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:19 PM

As much as I dislike McKinnie, I will almost give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He is right, no strip club is going to front someone $375,000. He’s not Charles Barkley and the strip club is not a big time casino. Unless of course McKinnie agreed to pay some exorbitant interest on the tab. Now I could believe that he would be dumb enough to sign something like that with having any idea of the consequences..

17. davearnone says: Oct 30, 2012 12:21 PM

375 visits to the VIP room = $375,000

Busy boy.

18. edavidberg says: Oct 30, 2012 12:21 PM

McKinnie has a point.

19. upperdecker19 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:22 PM

$375K???? WOW!!! Now that’s making it rain!

20. colts419 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:25 PM

unbelievable this guy had to borrow 4.5 mill to get by for one year, especially considering the amount of money hes made in his career. idiot. on the bright side if ya ever want his autograph youll be able to find him bouncing at some bar for the rest of his life.

21. otistaylor89 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:26 PM

Little known fact, strip clubs often have some great breakfast buffets – I’m sure most of that was for food as he is a growing young man.

22. footballfan01 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:26 PM

In McKinnie’s defense, he thought the buffet was free.

23. jsally430 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:26 PM

man he better have gotten all of their numbers

24. Where's Bud Grant when you need him? says: Oct 30, 2012 12:28 PM

Right… and he was never close to 400 pounds either!

25. Where's Bud Grant when you need him? says: Oct 30, 2012 12:28 PM

Right… and he was never close to 400 pounds either!

26. paepae805 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:31 PM

The Captain of the Love Boat lives on.

27. ralphiepower says: Oct 30, 2012 12:33 PM

He probably thinks strippers like him too!

28. rodgray39 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:34 PM

Maybe Tony & Silvio tried to shake him down, being that he’s a big time football player w/ a history of debt!!! BADA BING!!!

29. granadafan says: Oct 30, 2012 12:37 PM

Funny how McKinnie is so knowledgeable about “scrip” clubs and their financial operations. The way this guys has blown through his money and loans doesn’t surprise me that he’s being sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars in lap dances.

30. speckers says: Oct 30, 2012 12:40 PM

By some of the comments it looks like some of you are forgetting that it probably wasn’t just Bryant running up this tab. I’m sure his entourage helped with that.

31. oriolesvsravens says: Oct 30, 2012 12:44 PM

I would too.

32. tedknight40 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:46 PM

It would be easier to just BUY a strip club for $375k!

33. randallflagg52 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:51 PM

greglloydrules says:Oct 30, 2012 12:11 PM

==================================

Baltimore may have an ugly football team (according to you, and you are an expert on judging how good men look not that there’s anything wrong with that…) but at least the women in our state have teeth and don’t weigh as much as Bryant Mckinnie. I’m just saying, there’s a reason the steelers don’t have cheerleaders…

34. citiciti says: Oct 30, 2012 12:52 PM

Yo-yo-yo

35. crownofthehelmet says: Oct 30, 2012 12:53 PM

Methinks McLady doth protest too much.

36. jerze2387 says: Oct 30, 2012 12:59 PM

Wasnt he involved in the vikings “love boat” thing too? So that strip club bill isnt a surprise considering..

Boat’s N Hoes, Boats N Hoes, I gotta have me my Boats N Hoes.

37. piemasteruk says: Oct 30, 2012 1:11 PM

This is one of those weird situations where I don’t believe either party. I don’t believe that a strip club would allow you to run up a $375,000 tab, but neither do I believe someone would try to extort money out of a professional athlete whose main claim to fame is having large amounts of negative money. There’s some kind of murky middle-ground here that I can’t quite see at the moment.

38. BigBeachBall says: Oct 30, 2012 1:14 PM

Exotic dancers need to pay their community college bills somehow…

39. eagleswin says: Oct 30, 2012 1:16 PM

I’m still curious as to how he blew 4.5 mill in one offseason. The league didn’t miss a single game and yet he was broke when the lockout ended.

40. peytonsneck18 says: Oct 30, 2012 1:29 PM

thats more than lap dances, he was getting happy endings!!!

41. raymondtx says: Oct 30, 2012 1:29 PM

I think I speak for all fans of this site when I ask, “what is a strip bar?”

42. eleventyeight says: Oct 30, 2012 1:32 PM

As a Steelers fan i kind of want to jump on the Bryant McKinne Hate Boat (as opposed to the Vikings’ Love Boat, of which he was also alleged to be a “party” to) but even i have to admit that it’s awfully easy to make a big, bogus claim in the press in an attempt to extort money from a player who has already been implicated in other alleged “wrongdoing”.

Afraid i’ma have to wait to see if the REAL law gets involved first….

43. Sandra Lee's Cans says: Oct 30, 2012 1:43 PM

Amazing. And to think I got my ass kicked for picking my quarter up off the pool table 35 years ago.

44. daubs17 says: Oct 30, 2012 1:53 PM

Theres obviously some truth behind this story. Some random strip club owner isnt going to bring a lawsuit against McKinnie for money owed out of the blue. McKinnie is acting as if he doesnt know this guy nor has ever graced a strip club with his presence. Gives him even less credibility. Dirtbag

45. rockthered1286 says: Oct 30, 2012 2:13 PM

The way I see it this is GREAT for big Mac. Sounds like a counter suit for defamation in which he can help recoup some of the $4.5 million he is getting garnished for.

46. jefferee101 says: Oct 30, 2012 2:15 PM

This guy never learns.

47. shaggytoodle says: Oct 30, 2012 2:16 PM

I guess techniquely they might not be strip club bills. He calls up a bunch of ladies and ask them if they want to go for a boat ride.

48. jlv3gem says: Oct 30, 2012 2:27 PM

Why don’t we show him and Cam Cameron the door?

49. fdugrad says: Oct 30, 2012 2:53 PM

Justin says, “It just sounds stupid to me.” Yeah, Justin, that’s the problem…and YOUR problem as well.

50. insanelomein2 says: Oct 30, 2012 2:53 PM

McKinnie also denied reports he was broke and out of shape.

51. fruitcovejag says: Oct 30, 2012 9:06 PM

Stop lying Bryant! You know you had a good time, now pay up.

52. raiderapologist says: Oct 30, 2012 9:12 PM

I did some work at a Spearmint Rhino club a few years back. Went there around noon and had to wait for the owner to show. Got a free lunch-surprisingly good food-and when the owner finally showed he took me downstairs where the dressing rooms were. The lights were brighter down there, and those girls didn’t look that good. But they were mostly naked, and didn’t look THAT bad. I ended up putting credit card machines in some of the private rooms, and the dude stiffed me on the bill. I never learned what the tab limit was, but I’m guessing it’s not close to 375k.

53. hornbuckle says: Oct 31, 2012 9:59 AM