Cardinals receivers Fitzgerald, Doucet both OK

Larry Fitzgerald, Lyle Sendlein AP

Arizona Cardinals receivers Larry Fitzgerald and Early Doucet are both all right after being sidelined during Monday night’s 24-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

Fitzgerald left the game after taking a shot to the head in the first quarter. He was evaluated for a concussion on the sidelines and was cleared to return to the game. Fitzgerald told Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic after the game that he was feeling fine.

Doucet took a wicked, clean shot to the chest from 49ers safety Dashon Goldson early in the fourth quarter. Doucet stayed down on the field initially before walking off under his own power. Doucet also returned to the field and finished the game.

Fitzgerald caught five passes for 52 yards for the night. Doucet had two catches for 21 yards.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Top Stories
18 Responses to “Cardinals receivers Fitzgerald, Doucet both OK”
  1. baymac408 says: Oct 30, 2012 2:32 AM

Shut em Down! NINER D ALL DAY

2. Jay says: Oct 30, 2012 2:40 AM

My Niners looked awesome but I know the cardinals would have put up a better fight without all the injuries.

3. goldrush4949 says: Oct 30, 2012 2:43 AM

That Goldson hit was GIF worthy.

4. arrogantnation says: Oct 30, 2012 2:47 AM

Poor Fitz. He’s one of the greatest of all time and he’s wasting his prime years on a Cards team with no QB and a peewee offensive line. I hope they get him a franchise QB next season–he’s a consummate professional, and it’s fun watching him make plays.

5. goldrush36 says: Oct 30, 2012 2:50 AM

Doucet had that coming to him for a year now after those cheap shots to the back of Goldson’s head. Sucked to see Larry go down though. He said he was fine but appeared off the rest of the night. Class act player there

6. trevor123698 says: Oct 30, 2012 3:00 AM

Ok enough to deliver me a win from his garbage time statistics!

7. tatum064 says: Oct 30, 2012 3:18 AM

Doucet got absolutely blown up by Dashon Goldson…hope LaRon Landry takes note – thats how you hit.

8. jjb0811 says: Oct 30, 2012 6:08 AM

If you need anymore examples of player safety lip service, all you had to do was watch the game. Sitting on my couch in Florida, I could see Fitz sustained a head injury. Heck they were giving him smelling salts! But none the less, the “Dr’s cleared” him w/o missing a play.

If Goodell really cared, he go after the teams and medical staffs not the players.

9. oaktown49er says: Oct 30, 2012 6:50 AM

Last year in Ari. Doucet got Goldson to lose his cool and get ejected. Their feud continues. As for Fitz, even as a 49er fan, I love Fitz, he is an amazing player. On top of that, he is a good person. Much respect to that dude.

10. tatum064 says: Oct 30, 2012 8:28 AM

oaktown49er says:
    Oct 30, 2012 6:50 AM

—————-

The Earhole hit is waiting for Dashon – better keep his head on a swivel. Largent got his on Mike Harden, and Doucet will get him back…believe that.

11. ceteral says: Oct 30, 2012 8:49 AM

oaktown49er Not forgetting to mention that Dashon lost his cool last year because Doucet popped him in the back of the head after the play was over.

12. vikingfitz says: Oct 30, 2012 9:14 AM

Fitzgerald with Cardinals is like Barry Sanders (WR-version) with the Lions….sad waste of talent.

13. greetingsfromminnesota says: Oct 30, 2012 9:54 AM

You make it sound like Fitz took an illegal hit to the head. What actually happened was his head hit the ground hard.

14. SOBEIT says: Oct 30, 2012 11:03 AM

Awesome game by the Niners. Top to bottom, they are one of the most balanced teams in the league. A win is a win, but it is obvious that AZ is not where they should be due to a number of issues, the most being injuries. I was hoping for a classic division game, but we got a one-sided game. Feel bad for Fitz. And ED, that was a wicked hit but really glad to see him get up and shake it off. I love the rivalry brewing between the two clubs because it is not a hated rivalry but one of more respect and one that I look forward to every year. Hope they get healthy soon because the division is a lot more fun with more competition.

Moss, we need to get that dude the ball every game. Showed great hands, cuts and breakaway speed. But I just hope we bring this kind of game against teams like the Giants. That is our true rival for now.

15. realfann says: Oct 30, 2012 4:03 PM

Nice of you to care about the concussed 49er player.

16. dolphins512 says: Oct 30, 2012 4:25 PM

This game was tough to watch. I like the Cardinals, but man do they need a QB and an offensive line. They had zero chance last night…..

17. oaktown49er says: Oct 30, 2012 9:49 PM

ceteral says:
    Oct 30, 2012 8:49 AM
    —————————————————
    It was a cheap shot by Doucet last year. But I was pissed Goldson got caught responding. I’ve known since I was 4 years old that it’s always the second guy who gets caught. However this hit by Goldson was clean quality football, that’s how you respond.

18. 49ersallatime says: Oct 31, 2012 1:49 PM

Glad Fitz is okay. He is one of my favorite recievers in the league (I just wish he’d get traded to a team not in the division) And I’m glad Doucet got hit AND got up. I love hearing some people calling for Goldson because of it but people tend to forget with all the rules to protect recievers that there is no limit on how HARD you hit a reciever as long as it was legal contact ;)