Adrian Peterson practices on injured ankle

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson runs into the endzone for a 64-yard touchdown against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Reuters

The Vikings got some good news on Wednesday, which is bad news for their opponents.  Running back Adrian Peterson, nursing an ankle injury that has caused him to miss plenty of practice time, practiced on a limited basis.

The injury hasn’t affected Peterson in games.  He has two straight 100-plus-yard games.

Also limited were receiver Percy Harvin (hamstring), safety Mistral Raymond (ankle), and cornerback Antoine Winfield (knee).

Fully participating in practice were tackle Fred Evans (knee), defensive tackle Letroy Guion (ribs), linebacker Erin Henderson (elbow), punter Chris Kluwe (left knee), and quarterback Christian Ponder (knee).

The 5-3 Vikings head to Seattle on Sunday, 11 days after being blown out at home by the Buccaneers on Thursday night.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
14 Responses to “Adrian Peterson practices on injured ankle”
  1. taintedsaints2009 says: Oct 31, 2012 8:09 PM

Seattles secondary is planning their td celebrations as we speak.

2. 28for20 says: Oct 31, 2012 8:45 PM

Would you exspect anything less? Your a fool if you do.

3. thetokyosandblaster says: Oct 31, 2012 9:06 PM

Poor, Poor Adrian Peterson.

He’s always hurt. That way he looks better if he actually plays.

Doesn’t matter either way, the Vikings have begun their slide to the bottom.

4. vikesrulejimmysucks says: Oct 31, 2012 9:13 PM

Adriaaaaaaan

5. josiewales69 says: Oct 31, 2012 9:20 PM

I really don’t think even needs to practice when he is healthy

6. brewdogg says: Oct 31, 2012 9:46 PM

Let him rest. It doesn’t look like he needs the practice time anyway.

Maybe he should pull an Allen Iverson……

7. jaketdogg says: Oct 31, 2012 10:02 PM

AP is easily the league MVP at this point, that team would be 1-7 without him

8. contra74 says: Nov 1, 2012 12:16 AM

taintedsaints2009 says:
    Oct 31, 2012 8:09 PM
    Seattles secondary is planning their td celebrations as we speak.
    —-
    Sorry, you must have mistook us for the packers.

9. vikingssoxfrustration says: Nov 1, 2012 8:00 AM

Thanks for that reminder regarding Thursday night…appreciate it…

10. jmota222 says: Nov 1, 2012 11:13 AM

AP is such a specimen I’m still in awe that he’s playing at this level!!! He’s less than a year removed from reconstructive knee surgery and looks like he hasn’t lost a step!!! Cam take the “S” off your chest the real superman is Minnesota and his name is Adrian Peterson !!!!

11. prplbstrd says: Nov 1, 2012 4:20 PM

thetokyosandblaster says:
    Oct 31, 2012 9:06 PM

Poor, Poor Adrian Peterson.

He’s always hurt. That way he looks better if he actually plays.

Doesn’t matter either way, the Vikings have begun their slide to the bottom.

__________

I just went through the trouble of making an a WordPress account so I could tell you to get a life. Every Vikings article I’ve read in the past 6 months has been soaked your troll-slobber . Seriously, are you even a fan of the NFL? I’m sure I’m only adding fuel to the fire here, but honestly, moderators, can’t we impose some sort of daily troll-post limit? This dude needs to go out and get a job, for Percy’s sake.

12. prplbstrd says: Nov 1, 2012 4:22 PM

Also, having network difficulties, so don’t even bother ripping on me for those typo’s. That is all.

13. glenne81 says: Nov 2, 2012 3:16 PM

Later in the Broadcast we will have video of Adrian eating cars, climbing buildings and crushing bridges with his feet. Helicopters are circling him now trying to calm him with Air Freshener.

14. thetokyosandblaster says: Nov 2, 2012 8:07 PM

prplbstrd says:
    Nov 1, 2012 4:20 PM

—-

Dude, that’s so sweet!

I’m sure you’ll be interested in knowing that I went through the trouble of making a wordpress account so I could give some retribution to the incessant trolling by 20+ Vikings fans on Packers boards. Oddly, I don’t see that they bother you.

I have a job I love, I make more than I’ll ever spend, and I have a career that affords me to take time off and spend football season in WI with family, and as such, I have plenty of (paid) time to enjoy life to the fullest.

Right now, that means giving it right back. There are maybe 3 of us Packer “trolls.” I’m not nearly as bad, or nearly as downright idiotic, as thepvyharvin, barroomhero, contra, thankheavenfornumberseven, conormcleod, and sever others.

I’m not sorry at all that you’re upset. I posting anonymously on a sports site. If you don’t like it, just skip over my comments. Stop crying.