Following fine for injury reports, Ravens list 15 players as injured

Baltimore Ravens v Houston Texans Getty Images

A week after the NFL fined the Baltimore Ravens $20,000 for failing to list safety Ed Reed’s torn labrum on their weekly injury reports, the Ravens went out of their way to make sure they complied with the league rules.

Baltimore listed a whopping 15 players on Wednesday’s injury report in preparation for Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Browns. The Ravens report tripled in size from a week ago and is more than double the size of any of their injury reports this season. Baltimore had previously listed seven players on the injury report before their Week 3 game against the New England Patriots.

Pernell McPhee (thigh) was the only player held out of practice on Wednesday. Jacoby Jones (foot), Haloti Ngata (shoulder) and Jimmy Smith (abdomen) were limited.

Chykie Brown (ankle), Dannell Ellerbe (hand), James Ihedigbo (hand), Ma’ake Kemoeatu (knee), Bryant McKinnie (thigh), Michael Oher (ankle), Kelechi Osemele (ankle), Bernard Pollard (chest), Ed Reed (shoulder/chest), Terrell Suggs (ankle) and Marshal Yanda (shoulder) were all full participants.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
19 Responses to “Following fine for injury reports, Ravens list 15 players as injured”
  1. Stiller43 says: Oct 31, 2012 11:10 PM

15? Thats a 3rd of their active roster…

2. kilo0986 says: Oct 31, 2012 11:14 PM

Lol ravens are gonna get destroyed by Richardson

3. iamthefootballjerk says: Oct 31, 2012 11:14 PM

No surprises here. The league is going to push all teams into reporting injuries like the Patriots. One of the few times I will side with New England when it comes to disputes with the league.

4. fuzzynuts55 says: Oct 31, 2012 11:15 PM

Johns way…blablabla

5. FinFan68 says: Oct 31, 2012 11:20 PM

Ngata – Shoulder
    Rice – Headache
    Flacco – Razor burn (forehead)
    Oher – Hangnail
    Suggs – Indigestion
    Reed – just feels “icky”

6. rockthered1286 says: Nov 1, 2012 12:10 AM

@kilo0986-

Just like Richardson “destroyed” them last time? Yea that’s what I thought.

Weeden 4 more picks.

7. jollyjoker2 says: Nov 1, 2012 12:12 AM

seriously, there isn’t a person alive that doesn’t have some type of injury. I mean, most people are headaches. Just get rid of injury reports and make them either they play on sunday with 2-3 day advance notice or they dont’

8. thechangx says: Nov 1, 2012 1:21 AM

Bryant McKinnie – Injured wallet and broken finances.

9. mb7756 says: Nov 1, 2012 2:03 AM

The headline of this article literally made me laugh for 10 minutes. I hope their list gets so sarcastic that things such as bad hair day and multiple booboos make the Ravens’ list.

10. piemasteruk says: Nov 1, 2012 2:33 AM

Gosh I didn’t see that one coming.

11. randallflagg52 says: Nov 1, 2012 3:56 AM

This reminds me of the time back when I was in the military and I had to mow the lawn as part of a punishment for not having shaved in the morning. So when they told me to mow the everything, I mowed everything. Flowers, bushes you name it.

12. cliffordc05 says: Nov 1, 2012 6:54 AM

There are two ways to make the injury reports meaningless. The Ravens and Patriots have come under fire for using the first method; under-reporting injuries. The Ravens have now taken the second method of making the injury report meaningless; over-report everything.

13. lynnko says: Nov 1, 2012 7:15 AM

The Ravens were fined for the perception that they broke an NFL rule, even though they did follow the letter of the law.

14. djp519 says: Nov 1, 2012 8:04 AM

I’m surprised they didn’t list 40+ guys with minor aches, pains, bruises, and soreness.

15. sixlombardisinyourface says: Nov 1, 2012 8:45 AM

Richardson up the middle for 12, Richardson around the end for 15, Richardson…TOUCHDOWN !!!!

16. kevo126 says: Nov 1, 2012 8:51 AM

Haha they are opening mocking the nfl and their fines. Love it.

17. harrisonhits2 says: Nov 1, 2012 9:43 AM

So the Ravens have been hiding other injuries as well. Doesn’t surprise me.

18. psgrlinco says: Nov 1, 2012 1:46 PM

As a diehard Steeler fan, I of course hate the Ravens to the bottom of my soul. However, I LOVE that they did this! I agree that all teams should start listing anything and everything. I can’t wait to see that players on there with a paper cut, knick from shaving, and chapped lips.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but “Way to go, Ravens!!”. Oh God, that was hard to type!

19. randallflagg52 says: Nov 1, 2012 2:29 PM

harrisonhits2 says:Nov 1, 2012 9:43 AM

So the Ravens have been hiding other injuries as well. Doesn’t surprise me.

==================================

Yeah and your team doctor hands out pain killers and steroids illegally and by the handful to your players. Which is worse?